Help with school project about Crytomining

I'm currently doing an Extended Project as part of my Sixth Form course (UK education) - I don't know the US education equivalent. We had to pick a topic which we are interested in and yet weren't completely in the know about. I decided to choose Cryptocurrency as I know roughly how it works but I thought it would be a good topic to pick based on the fact I want a career in some type of computing industry.

We have to write the essay on the topic by posing some sort of question or point of discussion. I have come up with a few angles I could talk about it from such as links to real-world economics, uses/corruption (legality, China etc). I thought some people here might be able to suggest a good interesting route I could go with. Please leave any ideas/suggestions. 

Maybe use this question.

How has the recent inflation in cryptocurrency (mainly bitcoin) affected the economy of 1st world countries? 

5 minutes ago, pumped said:

Sixth Form course (UK education)

What's sixth form? Never heard of that before in the land of even shitter weather :P 

4 minutes ago, HZapperz said:

How has the recent inflation in cryptocurrency (mainly bitcoin) affected the economy of 1st world countries? 

OP could always talk about how it increased demand so much that prices for hardware (specifically GPUs) doubled as the supply wasn't high enough. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

OP could always talk about how it increased demand so much that prices for hardware (specifically GPUs) doubled as the supply wasn't high enough. 

If his teacher is any like the ones in america, they would appreciate a relation to economy more rather than pc parts. 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

What's sixth form? Never heard of that before in the land of even shitter weather :P 

Yeah, was considering talking about its influence on the hardware market of GPU, probably a good smaller sub/side point. Sixth Form is basically a form of Further Education past Secondary School, which you can attend between 16 - 18, usually the place you go before University.

As someone who completed my EPQ last year I recommend relating to something economicy and getting it over and done with as quick as possible

26 minutes ago, pumped said:

Sixth Form is basically a form of Further Education past Secondary School, which you can attend between 16 - 18, usually the place you go before University.

Whoops, forgot to put /s :P 

27 minutes ago, HZapperz said:

If his teacher is any like the ones in america, they would appreciate a relation to economy more rather than pc parts. 

It is regarding economics tho...the most basic principle in economics, supply and demand.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On 9/17/2017 at 9:57 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

Whoops, forgot to put /s :P 

It is regarding economics tho...the most basic principle in economics, supply and demand.

@pumpedNot only that but you could talk about how it has seen growth in GPU sales verses falling sales of all other PC components. Merge with that about RTG growth most likely linked with strong sales to miners. Furthermore you could speculate how AMD and Nvidia are now looking to cater to miners and the shift in the paradigm what this may bring. Massive increases in raw compute power Could be on the horizon and a new tech war... Then explain how it may all be a bubble like the dot-com bubble and how this coping lead to an economic disaster if cryptos manage to take hold. And..... Exhale.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

@pumpedNot only that but you could talk about how it has seen growth in GPU sales verses falling sales of all other PC components. Merge with that about RTG growth most likely linked with strong sales to miners. Furthermore you could speculate how AMD and Nvidia are now looking to cater to miners and the shift in the paradigm what this may bring. Massive increases in raw compute power Coulter be on the horizon and a new tech war... Then explain how it meet all me a bubble like the dot-com bubble and how this coping lead to an economic disaster if cryptos manage to take hold. And..... Exhale.

Think I need too stop posting when i'm drinking. look at the spelling. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240