Whats happening with the NCIX Youtube Team?

This_guy1998
4 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

They used to be one of my favourite companies. I fucking loved their customer service, and there is also the sentiment attached to having bought my first parts from there........................

Rest in peace. Will miss you guys.

They're still in business. It's just their YouTube channel that's on the chopping block... well... at least not as many resources are being thrown at it. That being said, I know they did close a store in Ontario so the company is facing hard times competing with e-commerce sites. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

They're still in business. It's just their YouTube channel that's on the chopping block... well... at least not as many resources are being thrown at it. That being said, I know they did close a store in Ontario so the company is facing hard times competing with e-commerce sites. 

I know. I believe they've closed down all of their stores in Ontario, actually. They may go out of business very soon. 

Once they do, I will most certainly make a thread to pay respects.

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

Just now, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

I know. I believe they've closed down all of their stores in Ontario, actually. They may go out of business very soon. 

Once they do, I will most certainly make a thread to pay respects.

We'll see, haven't heard of any rumours of their Metro Vancouver operations shutting down. Memory Express, a retailer I see as being in worse shape than NCIX just recently opened a new store in Langley.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Press F to pay respects

F

The leaders abandon them...

Now... this is the end

it was an honor serving with you.

It seems no one cares, yet it's still an honor.....

8 hours ago, LinusTech said:

The team is pretty optimized at the moment. 

Not from what I've seen from your vlogs. *finger gun motions* ^_^

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Maybe Luke could use some more help with Floatplane Media or Riley could get his own channel on there if it does well enough. Maybe Riley could off-set losing two key established people recently Luke spending all his time on Floatplane and Nick Van Berkel apparently not getting the job with the bicycle company he mentioned on wan show since he seems to be freelancing now.  The WAN show and the vlogs and general feel have changed now around there.  I know in time Maxine and the other new people like Tyler Ivan etcetera will grow into their roles, but there is something to be said for a veteran who knows what he's doing too.

At the same time, if he went there now, there would likely be conflict of interest issues, potential lawsuits, and maybe he just isn't a good fit for Linus' team personality wise or might conflict too much with Linus, and Linus is getting too much blowback/pushback from his employees/staff this year as it is, it honestly seems to me as a viewer like they don't appreciate him anymore or don't appreciate being there and what he does to keep everything up and running and all of them still getting steady work/paychecks doing something enjoyable.

Since Linus the man who did a youtube series called honest answers disclosing all his companies' major sources of revenue and all kinds of details about how his business is run that most companies hold close to their chests and never show anyone except if they have to show an accountant or regulatory body, since he gave a very polite non answer to someone enquiring about if wan show was an interview brushing them off and deflecting the question, that means he either isn't interested in having that conversation or can't currently have that kind of conversation for one reason or another, or could be both of those things.

9 hours ago, Vipress28 said:

Maybe Luke could use some more help with Floatplane Media or Riley could get his own channel on there if it does well enough. Maybe Riley could off-set losing two key established people recently Luke spending all his time on Floatplane and Nick Van Berkel apparently not getting the job with the bicycle company he mentioned on wan show since he seems to be freelancing now.  The WAN show and the vlogs and general feel have changed now around there.  I know in time Maxine and the other new people like Tyler Ivan etcetera will grow into their roles, but there is something to be said for a veteran who knows what he's doing too.

At the same time, if he went there now, there would likely be conflict of interest issues, potential lawsuits, and maybe he just isn't a good fit for Linus' team personality wise or might conflict too much with Linus, and Linus is getting too much blowback/pushback from his employees/staff this year as it is, it honestly seems to me as a viewer like they don't appreciate him anymore or don't appreciate being there and what he does to keep everything up and running and all of them still getting steady work/paychecks doing something enjoyable.

Since Linus the man who did a youtube series called honest answers disclosing all his companies' major sources of revenue and all kinds of details about how his business is run that most companies hold close to their chests and never show anyone except if they have to show an accountant or regulatory body, since he gave a very polite non answer to someone enquiring about if wan show was an interview brushing them off and deflecting the question, that means he either isn't interested in having that conversation or can't currently have that kind of conversation for one reason or another, or could be both of those things.

To be honest, it seems like alot of that is a bit of a stretch, while he sure isnt a pure being of perfect, The WAN show is not exactly a suitable place for an interview, not to mention the fact that while Linus has no obligation to release any information on internal company activity, it is also just bad practice, such as with media release. He has often said of how they have revealed a new employee too early, just to find them leave a few days later or to have issues arrive where they don't get hired at all. It wouldn't make much sense to publicize it, regardless of if they were or not. 

20 hours ago, Vipress28 said:

Do tell, what lawsuits could Linus be a victim of, if he decided to hire Riley?

That doesn't make much sense to me. He's already hired multiple former NCIX employees (He himself, but also both Luke and Ed, I believe, were part of the NCIX Tech Tips team), plus the most recent addition of Ivan (The crazy Russian), who was an NCIX employee and a part of NCIX Tech Tips.

The only possible issue that I can think of, is if Riley signed an exclusivity contract that states he cannot work for a "competitor" within x number of years of quitting or being fired (usually 1 to 5 years). But LTT being a competitor is a bit of a stretch, because NCIX Tech Tips technically isn't a company, it's just one small aspect of NCIX as a whole.

Furthermore, Linus has already said he has no current intentions of hiring anyone. They've recently hired some new people, and they don't seem to have any open positions. Hiring someone just to hire them, and finding a position after-the-fact is bad business management.

Also, I don't understand your point about this:

Linus is getting too much blowback/pushback from his employees/staff this year as it is, it honestly seems to me as a viewer like they don't appreciate him anymore or don't appreciate being there and what he does to keep everything up and running and all of them still getting steady work/paychecks doing something enjoyable.

What are you talking about? What blowback/pushback has Linus gotten from his employees this year?

In Vlogs, etc, you get the occasional "grumbling about my job" thing, but that seems to be mostly just a "funny comment" type thing to make the video more interesting. I haven't seen any legitimate issues myself. Also, employees don't appreciate being there? Don't know where you got that from.

Perhaps you could source some specific examples, with video link and timestamp?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)