How can I study for this advanced test?

AniJan

So I'm currently in 8th grade and I have a chance to go to a good high school if I take this advanced test in which I need a minimum of 90% to pass.

I really want to go to a good high school and so I don't want to mess this up.

I don't know what to do other than prepare for the test. However I don't know what and how I should study. So I need your help. 

Can someone please give me some insight and advice on what I should study in order to ace this advanced test? +How I should study(Study everyday or.?)

I'm not sure if this'll help but I live in California. Used to live in Illinois.

One more thing: Are advanced tests usually hard?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me. I appreciate your efforts tremendously.

Don't know what you need to study, but my method is to study in bits all throughout the day. Say you learn 4 things, memorize them really well, then go relax and watch an episode, sometimes repeating the info while watching. Come back, make sure you know it by testing yourself. Move on to the next part when you have it memorized, do the same thing again with the next 4 things AND make sure to test yourself again on the first 4 pieces of info, so 8 things, then with the next 4 pieces of info do the same, and test yourself on the former 8 things you learned as well. 

In essence you memorize and you add a bit more each time to memorize, then make sure to test yourself each time and repeatedly on all the things you learned/memorized so far, adding a bit each time.

Of course these 'things' can be words, or bits of info and the number is arbitrary, just an example.

It strikes a perfect balance between studying and relaxation and it has allowed me to do a good amount of studying in 1 day. Best is to start earlier (earliest day possible) anyway and test yourself on things you learned earlier on in the studying process consistently.

Just my method, may not be optimal for everybody.

3 hours ago, AniJan said:

I'm not sure if this'll help but I live in California. Used to live in Illinois.

Khan Academy 

Also, studying Math is about practicing problems and not by reading or memorization. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside