Got the Sennheiser Game Zero headset...

JerrBear

First of all, I was wondering if I needed to do any optimization in the windows settings to provide the best audio.

I.E. Do I have to check enhancement boxes or select a different format? (Pics of settings in spoiler)

Spoiler

linuS1.PNG.684cc54fbd319474637895abc8bfe374.PNGlinuS2.PNG.8349c95bc95a92cc47db10c1d8a696d0.PNG

No idea what the nvidia output is... probably the new feature in GeForce Experience with the separate audio tracks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was about to ask for help with the mic however I just realized it was using my webcam mic instead of the headsets, good to go in that department! :)

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • RAM = Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-2666
  • Storage = Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
  • GPU = EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

if you have a higher end mobo you probably have some sort of audio driver suite that allows you to fiddle around with an Equalizer. May I ask how your Bass is on the game one? I have hd 598 and out of the box without EQ tweaking they are more tailored toward classical music and have a bit less Bass, what about yours?

2 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

if you have a higher end mobo you probably have some sort of audio driver suite that allows you to fiddle around with an Equalizer. May I ask how your Bass is on the game one? I have hd 598 and out of the box without EQ tweaking they are more tailored toward classical music and have a bit less Bass, what about yours?

(he actually has the zero which is closed back)

I cant compare the g4me ones to the 598's but I have the 518's are they're pretty similar as far as I can tell, I've never done a side by side comparison, as my g4me one's are actually plugged into my PS4. That being said theyre as every bit as comfortable as the HD500 series, sound just as good, and the mic is awesome

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

I'm not an audiophile, but it's better than my HyperX Cloud 2. This is the first expensive headset that I've bought so I have nothing to compare it to.

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

14 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

Focusrite has some really helpful things to do to Optimize windows for Audio

Windows 7

Windows 10

The video is not great, it seems like it's for a music only PC or something. Disable firewall, wifi, anti viruses, then turn of windows sound, etc.? No thanks.

What about those enhancement checkboxes in my post? Do audiophiles generally check them or leave them blank?

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

Just now, JerrBear said:

The video is not great, it seems like it's for a music only PC or something. Disable firewall, wifi, anti viruses, then turn of windows sound, etc.? No thanks.

What about those enhancement checkboxes in my post? Do audiophiles generally check them or leave them blank?

Leave them blank, extreme audiophiles mostly rely on their amps and bulbs : P

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

19 minutes ago, JerrBear said:

I'm not an audiophile, but it's better than my HyperX Cloud 2. This is the first expensive headset that I've bought so I have nothing to compare it to.

i hate the cloud 2. My brother has that one, the audio is definitely okay for the cost and the mic, but it is way too heavy and completely uncomfortable. My hd 598 are the only ones i can tolerate having on for more than 30 minutes but even then i get a bit of pain on my heads skin where the headset is, though dunno why that is

2 hours ago, Tiwaz said:

i hate the cloud 2. My brother has that one, the audio is definitely okay for the cost and the mic, but it is way too heavy and completely uncomfortable. My hd 598 are the only ones i can tolerate having on for more than 30 minutes but even then i get a bit of pain on my heads skin where the headset is, though dunno why that is

Ironically I found the foam on the Cloud 2 to be extremely comfortable. Maybe because of my weird ass head (foam was super comfortable imo) but that's beside the point.

I actually ordered the logitech G933, and had to return it because it (or my head) was weirdly shaped and had very hard foam. Not to mention the sound was ass.

On a side note: Turns out every time I swung my headset mic up, my webcam mic would activate. After disabling the webcam mic, everything was back to working.

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

Forgot to add: in the spatial sound tab in the sound window (look in the spoiler, don't have a picture of that tab though).

It gives me some options for Dolby Atmos or Windows Sonic or none. Default (which is selected) is none.

Should I try go for Dolby Atmos or Windows Sonic? I tried clicking Dolby Atmos and it sent me to the windows store to download some kind of Dolby Atmos software...

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

9 hours ago, JerrBear said:

Ironically I found the foam on the Cloud 2 to be extremely comfortable. Maybe because of my weird ass head (foam was super comfortable imo) but that's beside the point.

I actually ordered the logitech G933, and had to return it because it (or my head) was weirdly shaped and had very hard foam. Not to mention the sound was ass.

On a side note: Turns out every time I swung my headset mic up, my webcam mic would activate. After disabling the webcam mic, everything was back to working.

my brother used to own a logitech headset (forgott the name, but it was the one with the rectangular ear cups) and was also really awkward to wear and the sound was garbage, it was totally overhyped. I think the best combo would be to get a cheap microphone that has a small stand + a decent pair headphones