Best "Sync" Synchronization?

Curious as to what Synchronization would be best to use. 
V-Sync
FRTC
Adaptive V-Sync
Dynamic V-Sync

G-Sync
FreeSync

If possible I'd like if someone could list these in order from least to greatest whether it's objective or subjective.

It depends on the performance you're getting, but it's G-Sync = Free Sync > FRTC > Adaptive V-Sync = Dynamic V-Sync > V-Sync. This only matters though if you're getting frame rates below the refresh rate. If you are getting frame rates above the refresh rate, you should use Fast Sync if you want no tearing.

G-Sync > Freesync > V-Sync. I don't know what Adaptive or Dynamic V-Sync is, but I can't imagine it solves the issue of horrendous input latency, so I can't imagine using it at all. You are better off limiting your framerate via internal game engine or through technologies like Rivatuner. 

G-Sync is currently better than Freesync due to their certification process demanding a very linear and "expected" experience, whereas current Freesync is the wild-west of variable refresh technologies. You can buy two freesync monitors, and get vastly different experiences due to differences in minimum refresh tolerances. Freesync 2 is going to fix this, by requiring a certification process as well, but it will likely impose a slight price premium (certification is never free as certification takes time, and time is money). 

G-Sync is also smoother at lower framerates, but it should be said that it's still not that great of an experience to fall below 30fps, as while it does "trickery" to smooth the framerates, it imposes a sizable amount of input latency in doing so. In general, G-Sync has an extremely slight advantage in input latency (we are talking literally a few milliseconds, likely margin of error) over Freesync: 

It also has a secondary perk, which is built in backlight strobing for Lightboost/Ultra Low Motion Blur. This is a great anti-ghosting feature if you find yourself playing titles where ghosting is an issue for your gaming experience. 

It really comes down to: get a monitor that matches your current GPU hardware. I'd say G-Sync is slightly better, but it costs more. The differences in my opinion, don't really justify buying an entirely different GPU AND paying the G-Sync premium to get that slight advantage. If you already possess a Radeon card that supports Freesync, go ahead and get a freesync panel and be happy. The same goes for Nvidia. If you own an Nvidia GPU, pony up that $200 premium and enjoy the experience you get. It's not a waste of money for either side, no matter how you look at it. 

EDIT: I should clarify one point. You cannot use G-Sync and Lightboost(ULMB) at the same time. You have to choose one or the other. There was a hack to use both at the same time on specific Dell monitors, but it's extremely difficult and requires luck.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

It depends on the game. V-Sync was a MUST with X-COM (squad-based shooter) as anything above 60Hz caused tearing even with some high-refresh panels. 

Some games can let their frames go sky-high without an issue, but others don't fare as well. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

30 minutes ago, MageTank said:

G-Sync > Freesync > V-Sync. I don't know what Adaptive or Dynamic V-Sync is, but I can't imagine it solves the issue of horrendous input latency, so I can't imagine using it at all. You are better off limiting your framerate via internal game engine or through technologies like Rivatuner. 

G-Sync is currently better than Freesync due to their certification process demanding a very linear and "expected" experience, whereas current Freesync is the wild-west of variable refresh technologies. You can buy two freesync monitors, and get vastly different experiences due to differences in minimum refresh tolerances. Freesync 2 is going to fix this, by requiring a certification process as well, but it will likely impose a slight price premium (certification is never free as certification takes time, and time is money). 

G-Sync is also smoother at lower framerates, but it should be said that it's still not that great of an experience to fall below 30fps, as while it does "trickery" to smooth the framerates, it imposes a sizable amount of input latency in doing so. In general, G-Sync has an extremely slight advantage in input latency (we are talking literally a few milliseconds, likely margin of error) over Freesync: 

It also has a secondary perk, which is built in backlight strobing for Lightboost/Ultra Low Motion Blur. This is a great anti-ghosting feature if you find yourself playing titles where ghosting is an issue for your gaming experience. 

It really comes down to: get a monitor that matches your current GPU hardware. I'd say G-Sync is slightly better, but it costs more. The differences in my opinion, don't really justify buying an entirely different GPU AND paying the G-Sync premium to get that slight advantage. If you already possess a Radeon card that supports Freesync, go ahead and get a freesync panel and be happy. The same goes for Nvidia. If you own an Nvidia GPU, pony up that $200 premium and enjoy the experience you get. It's not a waste of money for either side, no matter how you look at it. 

EDIT: I should clarify one point. You cannot use G-Sync and Lightboost(ULMB) at the same time. You have to choose one or the other. There was a hack to use both at the same time on specific Dell monitors, but it's extremely difficult and requires luck.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/adaptive-vsync
This explains Adaptive V-Sync

Dynamic V-Sync is presumably similar to NVIDIA's adaptive v-sync technology

46 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It depends on the performance you're getting, but it's G-Sync = Free Sync > FRTC > Adaptive V-Sync = Dynamic V-Sync > V-Sync. This only matters though if you're getting frame rates below the refresh rate. If you are getting frame rates above the refresh rate, you should use Fast Sync if you want no tearing.

Thank You for your response but off topic...
What is the anime character in your profile?

On 8/15/2017 at 1:27 AM, M.Yurizaki said:

This may be quite late and I finally was able to remember but doesn't that character look similar to Flamie from Rokka no Yuusha although less brooding?