Need help choosing a PC

blacksabbath25

I am looking to buy a pre-bullt laptop (a rip-off, I know), but it needs to have a dedicated GPU and be under $500. Any ideas, guys?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

There is a Samsung one that has very good dedicated graphics coupled with what i believe is Intel Pentium CPU, that's still a good show for the money.

I don't find APUs that appealing at that price points, given how much they're power/heat constrainted in those form factors.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

There is a Samsung one that has very good dedicated graphics coupled with what i believe is Intel Pentium CPU, that's still a good show for the money.

I don't find APUs that appealing at that price points, given how much they're power/heat constrainted in those form factors.

I just looked around on newegg. I didn't see any samsung with a dedicated chip in it whether from nvidia or AMD. The best thing he can get within his budget would be a APU sure its not the BEST option but at his point it is. Its stronger then the intel graphics that you would find.

I am looking to buy a pre-bullt laptop (a rip-off, I know), but it needs to have a dedicated GPU and be under $500. Any ideas, guys?

wait, how is a prebuilt laptop a rip off, I mean you cannot build custom laptops... or can you???

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

wait, how is a prebuilt laptop a rip off, I mean you cannot build custom laptops... or can you???

People do but its fairly pricey I'd imagine buying a frame and finding parts that would fit within. Parts are harder to come by as well you can find them on ebay though shrugs. For example here is a GTX680M for laptops.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-680M-GTX-680m-2GB-DDR5-MXM-3-0-VGA-Video-Card-for-Laptop-/231090854049?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item35ce1698a1

People do but its fairly pricey I'd imagine buying a frame and finding parts that would fit within. Parts are harder to come by as well you can find them on ebay though shrugs. For example here is a GTX680M for laptops.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-680M-GTX-680m-2GB-DDR5-MXM-3-0-VGA-Video-Card-for-Laptop-/231090854049?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item35ce1698a1

oh right thanks I actually didn't know that :D but that price for that card tho...

oh right thanks I actually didn't know that :D but that price for that card tho...

Yea..... not the cheapest solution that is for sure ha! I would rather just make a super small DIY computer in a ITX case. 

Yea..... no cheapest solution that is for sure ha! I would rather just make a super small DIY computer in a ITX case.

yup so would I =)