PC-Anti-User-Error-Free

Go to solution Solved by samcool55,
17 minutes ago, Stadiz said:

Hey thanks for the fast reply.
sounds like I only have te re-locatie the videos, picture, music and documents folders to a DATA drive.

Your also right on the paper part to help them, Im gonna try that.

Thanks!xD

More tips a are more then welcome! 

You can actually tell windows where those folders should be.

Maybe this helps? http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-change-your-default-save-locations-windows-10

Hey everyone,

remember remember the mistakes of User Errors.

"the Parents PC" and I'm not talking about hardware but the software-part.

Some people are walking User Errors behind a PC so i'm really helping/digging there mistakes out.

The biggest problem I found helping User Errors are 2 main factors:

1. The main drive gets full.

2. "I lost a file and can't find it anymore" <-- wonderfull times -_-

So Im wondering are there tips, tricks, software-tools and or even user-based-friendly tips.

What I'm actually really looking for is a way to make a "PC-Anti-User-Error-Free"  but how hard is that? 

I hope this Topic can help other LTT-members.

Pardon my engrish.

How does the main drive gets filled up?

It could be just too small or lack of cleaning it up. Throwing more storage to the problem is also a solution :D

Lost files, i don't know. If they understand how file and folders work and learn to put everything in a sensible place for them it should be fine.

Basically a good technique/strategy which they can deal with is a good idea. That's why the video's, pictures, music and documents folders are a thing (usually that's enough).

If it's not, try to understand how they want to order their stuff and make a schema of it if necessary on paper to help them :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

How does the main drive gets filled up?

It could be just too small or lack of cleaning it up. Throwing more storage to the problem is also a solution :D

Lost files, i don't know. If they understand how file and folders work and learn to put everything in a sensible place for them it should be fine.

Basically a good technique/strategy which they can deal with is a good idea. That's why the video's, pictures, music and documents folders are a thing (usually that's enough).

If it's not, try to understand how they want to order their stuff and make a schema of it if necessary on paper to help them :)

sounds like I only have te re-locatie the videos, picture, music and documents folders to a DATA drive.

Thanks!xD

Damned 12 O'clock flashers....

It's super hard to make a complete listing of anti-user-error items. Some people can be educated out of being a walking human error; however, most cannot.

I asked a lady to press Alt-Ctrl-Delete.... She had no idea where any of those keys were, and couldn't figure out how to use two hands to press all three keys... I had to tell her which hands and fingers to use....

But I would say, the number one error is shutting the device off. They are too lazy to click through the start menu, so they hard power off with the button.... Then complain that their POS PC won't boot properly after doing this multiple times a day, every day, for a month... No, boot covered under manufacturer warranty.

1 hour ago, Stadiz said:

Thanks!xD

Another thing to check is make sure the files are even on the PC. Had a user who had pictures on Facebook.... She couldn't find them on her PC and freaked out. After scanning for deleted and missing items for 2 days, found out she could see them all on her phone..... Because they were all saved to FB, not local storage...

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Another thing to check is make sure the files are even on the PC. Had a user who had pictures on Facebook.... She couldn't find them on her PC and freaked out. After scanning for deleted and missing items for 2 days, found out she could see them all on her phone..... Because they were all saved to FB, not local storage...

Oh those feels man, I feel you *hugs*

17 minutes ago, Stadiz said:

Thanks!xD

Maybe this helps? http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-change-your-default-save-locations-windows-10

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

10 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Bookmarked!

I think I  have something that I can work with.

Im going to change the save locations to a DATA drive.

Piece of paper with little instruction tips will help the user alot, they don't mind that at all they said.

"Everything is Fine"