Corsair Confirms EagleTree Acquisition

geomaster337

As was rumored last week, Corsair confirmed EagleTree's purchasing it. Andy Paul, Founder and CEO of Corsair, stated, "We are excited about the opportunity to partner with EagleTree and leverage the team’s consumer products expertise to further accelerate our progress. We are very fortunate to have attracted such experienced investment partners. EagleTree’s backing will allow us to continue to focus first and foremost on our loyal and passionate customers, and accelerate our investment in innovation and new technology and products to enhance the quality experience that enthusiasts and gamers have come to expect from us." Based on this statement, it can be inferred that Corsair will probably continue to be more or less the same in terms of the quality of their products, which is a very, very good thing for die-hard Corsair fans like myself. Hopefully Corsair does indeed keep the high quality and fast, consistently excellent support that has caused me to come back to them whenever I need to purchase new components or peripherals.

SOURCE: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/corsair-sold-to-eagletree-capital,35085.html

What's an EagleTree

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 minute ago, Vigilante505 said:

What's an EagleTree

A tree that looks like an eagle

$525,000,000 is a good chunk of change to begin their R&D lab for motherboards and GPU's.

Edit:  And to actually make decent fucking fans.

Edited by SurvivorNVL

2 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

$525,000,000 is a good chunk of change to begin their R&D lab for motherboards and GPU's.

Edit:  And to actually make decent fucking fans.

Now just need to add an monitor and a wireless router and they will have a more complete set than ASUS.

So the PE group has bought up the shares of multiple parties involved with Corsair, basically consolidating all those shares into one place. Makes sense to streamline that type of thing. Better to have fewer parties with majority share Instead of having many parties with smaller amounts.  Although in the past that sometime leads the the majority holder more focused on profits. Only time will tell.

I think a few acquisitions are on the way then. If they are being pumped up, then that seems likely or an IPO.

We could see a few more product lines come out of this in a few months. What doesn't Corsair do that their competitors make.
Maybe a Razer Blade style laptop, or USB microphone. Who knows.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

44 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

What's an EagleTree

In this case: A tree with a bunch of eagles on it, ready to shit all over Corsair.

-------

Current Rig

-------

41 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Edit:  And to actually make decent fucking fans

???

The ML fans, HD fans and new SP RGB fans are quite good...

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

34 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

???

The ML fans, HD fans and new SP RGB fans are quite good...

If you like poor airflow and obnoxious motor noise, sure.

tfw mojang was bought for 4 times more 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, DrMikeNZ said:

If you like poor airflow and obnoxious motor noise, sure.

Nah, the ML's are solid, I've got a caseful of em.

30 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

Nah, the ML's are solid, I've got a caseful of em.

I got some ML's when they were released and was very disappointed with them. There are better quality fans for a quarter the price.

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

tfw mojang was bought for 4 times more 

Does that mean minecraft makes more money than corsair? or that MS discovered some sort of IP in minecraft it needed for onedrive?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 hours ago, Antistatic12 said:

Maybe a Razer Blade style laptop

I wouldn't expect corsair laptops anytime soon.

They could probably expand into trashcanPC, that they started with corsair one. or home theater PC.

Sorry for bad Ingrish

8 hours ago, Vigilante505 said:

What's an EagleTree

Badger hole

Wasp nest

Its where eagles live

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

14 hours ago, mr moose said:

Does that mean minecraft makes more money than corsair? or that MS discovered some sort of IP in minecraft it needed for onedrive?

Microsoft purchased Mojang for sales on all platforms and, as Staya Nadella stated, would be a big part of HoloLens.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

So is this good news or bad news for corsair?

1 hour ago, Raijin said:

So is this good news or bad news for corsair?

If anything. If corsair still makes a profit, they will not try to change a thing.

They pretty much bought them as an investment/asset more than anything