hello! ive got problems so i came to the only place i knew. i just got a tt water 3.0 ultimate (360mm aio) and installed it. idle temps are 33 but thats probably because my office has 2 bay windows, its hot as balls outside and the ac unit is as far away as it can get (dumb apartment layouts). anyway i ran aida64 to see a baseline so i could overclock and now im averaging about 48-52... is that normal or did i not clean my cpu well enough before installing. (6700k)

It's odd. Try that cooler with a Ryzen system.

4 minutes ago, Hollowhalls said:

hello! ive got problems so i came to the only place i knew. i just got a tt water 3.0 ultimate (360mm aio) and installed it. idle temps are 33 but thats probably because my office has 2 bay windows, its hot as balls outside and the ac unit is as far away as it can get (dumb apartment layouts). anyway i ran aida64 to see a baseline so i could overclock and now im averaging about 48-52... is that normal or did i not clean my cpu well enough before installing. (6700k)

Try reseating the waterblock to see if it improves temps it's not bad but a little warm. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Try reseating the waterblock to see if it improves temps it's not bad but a little warm. 

should i reapply better thermal paste or just reseat it?

1 minute ago, Hollowhalls said:

should i reapply better thermal paste or just reseat it?

When you remove the cooler ideally you should be replacing the paste each time to prevent it from getting trapped air bubbles.

19 minutes ago, W-L said:

When you remove the cooler ideally you should be replacing the paste each time to prevent it from getting trapped air bubbles.

reseat is done, used some thermal paste i got with my noctua  nh-c14s. id tell you what it is but i peeled the label off :/. i have an evga z170 classified k mobo. so there isnt a pump header. i plugged it into the fan 1 fan header.. should i plug it into another one (sys, pwr, etc.) in the bios they have a dc mode, maby that will help? and does the pump need to run at max all the time or is it ok to have it set on smart in the bios?

oh im getting 53 under load and about 30-40 idle...

Just now, Hollowhalls said:

reseat is done, used some thermal paste i got with my noctua  nh-c14s. id tell you what it is but i peeled the label off :/. i have an evga z170 classified k mobo. so there isnt a pump header. i plugged it into the fan 1 fan header.. should i plug it into another one (sys, pwr, etc.) in the bios they have a dc mode, maby that will help? and does the pump need to run at max all the time or is it ok to have it set on smart in the bios?

so worse somehow

3 hours ago, Hollowhalls said:

Make sure the pump receives a full 12V as some coolers pumps don't like it if you have a variable range with a fan curve. 

9 hours ago, W-L said:

Make sure the pump receives a full 12V as some coolers pumps don't like it if you have a variable range with a fan curve. 

ive got it plugged into the "system fan" dc mode in the bios and ive ot it set to max speed in the bios as well. is that 12v or do i need to get a adapter for a usb port or something?

thanks for the help btw, first time water cooling. dead in the water on info

16 minutes ago, Hollowhalls said:

ive got it plugged into the "system fan" dc mode in the bios and ive ot it set to max speed in the bios as well. is that 12v or do i need to get a adapter for a usb port or something?

thanks for the help btw, first time water cooling. dead in the water on info

That should do it run a couple of stress tests to see what you get. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

alright, ill let you know after i get off work. here's to hoping

23 hours ago, Hollowhalls said:

Those temps are fine. CPUs only melt at 110+ degrees.

If you're below 70 you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

My Xeon gets up to 68 under load on a 240mm rad. My fans are shit, but still.

9 hours ago, W-L said:

so i came in from work and my monitors were off (duh, sleep mode) at my mobo said 30. when i moved my mouse and opened up steam, discord, etc to check unread messages it popped up to 33 (normal idle) and its sitting at about 47-55

21 minutes ago, Hollowhalls said:

so i came in from work and my monitors were off (duh, sleep mode) at my mobo said 30. when i moved my mouse and opened up steam, discord, etc to check unread messages it popped up to 33 (normal idle) and its sitting at about 47-55

Is that under load or idle it's that under load that's about the same as before

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

Is that under load or idle it's that under load that's about the same as before

47-55 under load 30-33 idle

2 minutes ago, Hollowhalls said:

47-55 under load 30-33 idle

I would say leave it and see what you get with some overclocking, to put some more heatload into it.