92c° on air cooling, worth it to go water?

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:38 AM, Droidbot said:

Go push-pull with good fans if you want to get good temps.

Maybe some more case fans as well 

I wonder if 220CFM 120mm Delta fans would be advisable for the rad in that situation.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

Keep in mind that an AIO cooler isn't going to make a huge difference. It still depends on air cooling in the end. It just takes a lot longer to level off. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

On 7/24/2017 at 4:26 AM, ILikeBigTree said:

Just got it stable at 4,637Ghz at 1,475v I will still try to get it lower and yesterday I hit a single core frequentie of 4,799Ghz what is insane at all cores it booted up but crashed in the bios... after a few tries it went into windows but crashed instantly.

Screenshot_20170724-102738.png

ok great, that looks good

please keep in mind performance IS affected by the uncore speed. I can run 4.75ghz at lower uncore multiplier, but my GFLOPS remains the same as 4.5ghz with higher uncore speed. 

19 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Keep in mind that an AIO cooler isn't going to make a huge difference. It still depends on air cooling in the end. It just takes a lot longer to level off. 

That's what people told me until I found out 99.9% of workloads that aren't synthetic tests will not reach that "cap" temperature, ever, and it gets rid of the heat pretty quick.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7ghz (1.3v) Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 GPU: Zotac Mini GTX 1060 Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) Mobo: MSI B350m mortar arctic

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 (2x4gb, 2666mhz) Storage: Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm HDD, PNY CS1311 Sata SSD (6gb/s) PSU: EVGA - BQ 500w 80+ Bronze semi modular

id pick up some used watercooling parts, you can get a basic CPU loop for pretty cheap

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 hours ago, He_162 said:

That's what people told me until I found out 99.9% of workloads that aren't synthetic tests will not reach that "cap" temperature, ever, and it gets rid of the heat pretty quick.

If you're running Prime95 or something then it's going to reach that level sooner, but a couple hours of CPU intensive gaming will do it too.  The real benefit to an AIO cooler is that it doesn't have to rely on other fans pushing/pulling out the hot air.  It goes straight outside the case.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

19 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

If you're running Prime95 or something then it's going to reach that level sooner, but a couple hours of CPU intensive gaming will do it too.  The real benefit to an AIO cooler is that it doesn't have to rely on other fans pushing/pulling out the hot air.  It goes straight outside the case.

Like I just said, CPU intensive gaming... Would battlefield 1 count? an 8 hour run on battlefield, match after match after match got it to 64C @1.425v, and Aida64 after 24 hours gets it to 80C.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7ghz (1.3v) Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 GPU: Zotac Mini GTX 1060 Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) Mobo: MSI B350m mortar arctic

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 (2x4gb, 2666mhz) Storage: Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm HDD, PNY CS1311 Sata SSD (6gb/s) PSU: EVGA - BQ 500w 80+ Bronze semi modular

1 minute ago, He_162 said:

Like I just said, CPU intensive gaming... Would battlefield 1 count? an 8 hour run on battlefield, match after match after match got it to 64C @1.425v, and Aida64 after 24 hours gets it to 80C.

Interesting.  Did you keep something like HWMonitor running in the background, or did you measure after the match?

3 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Interesting.  Did you keep something like HWMonitor running in the background, or did you measure after the match?

I ran CPUID Hwmonitor in the background, and I also have CAM software open for my Cooler's lighting which shows me my peak, and average temperatures, of which the averages were around 57C in Battlefield 1, and 62C in GTA 5.