HELP! "No Signal" on my Monitor even though everything in my build turns on

So, I finally got my PC build, built it and when I was finally ready to set it up, I came into a problem. Whenever I power on the power supply and turn the case on, the fans turn on, RGB turns on but, the monitor does not turn on. It just goes to a no signal screen every single time. I am connecting a DVI cable from the graphics card into the monitor. I have the Acer K212HQL Monitor (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.LX2AA.00...), the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Motherboard (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GA...), Intel i5 Core 7600k Processor, and the ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 8GB GPU (https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX107...). I have already tried to take out and mix up the RAM to see if it changed anything while it didn't. Please please help me I have been anticipating this pc for so long and now that I have it and no signal is being output I feel horrible for myself. All of these parts are brand new and are not used, so I have never used a PC before, I have always used a MAC and thought building a PC would be fun. One of my friends has told me that it may be my drivers but I havent even gotten up to the part of the build where you need to setup your BIOS. PLEASE HELP

Just now, catzambia said:

Try unplugging and draining mobo caps.

Im really new to this Im not sure what that means

12 minutes ago, Giovanni P said:

Im really new to this Im not sure what that means

Turn your power supply off, and then hold your case power button in for a minute or so. This will drain your motherboard's capacitors. Then turn your PSU back on, and try booting it up again.

Have you tried taking your GPU out and booting up with the video cable plugged into your motherboard's rear I/O? Does your motherboard have a post code readout? Can you connect a speaker to your motherboard?

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

5 minutes ago, catzambia said:

Turn your power supply off, and then hold your case power button in for a minute or so. This will drain your motherboard's capacitors. Then turn your PSU back on, and try booting it up again.

Have you tried taking your GPU out and booting up with the video cable plugged into your motherboard's rear I/O? Does your motherboard have a post code readout? Can you connect a speaker to your motherboard?

I tried draining the mobo's capacitors. I tried taking the DVI port out of the GPU and into the rear I/O DVI port. I dont know if my motherboard has a post code readout and don't know where to find it. I can connect a speaker to my motherboard but I'm not going to as I will be using headphones.

Nonono, I didn't mean the type of speaker you'd listen to music to, I meant the type you plug into a header on your motherboard to give to er, make beeps so you know what it's doing when it's booting, and so it can beep out codes.

Did you actually take out your gpu or just unplug the DVI cable? Unplug all SATA devices, take out the gpu, and try booting with the DVI cable plugged into the back of the motherboard.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

3 minutes ago, catzambia said:

Nonono, I didn't mean the type of speaker you'd listen to music to, I meant the type you plug into a header on your motherboard to give to er, make beeps so you know what it's doing when it's booting, and so it can beep out codes.

Did you actually take out your gpu or just unplug the DVI cable? Unplug all SATA devices, take out the gpu, and try booting with the DVI cable plugged into the back of the motherboard.

Yeah im pretty sure my mobo would support a speaker, as its a $200 mobo and on some videos I've watched they had a speaker but I dont have one. And I only unplugged the DVI cable.

1 minute ago, Giovanni P said:

Yeah im pretty sure my mobo would support a speaker, as its a $200 mobo and on some videos I've watched they had a speaker but I dont have one. And I only unplugged the DVI cable.

Okay, well try unplugging all SATA devices, take out your gpu, and plug your DVI cable into the back of your motherboard. Try to boot like that.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

Just now, catzambia said:

Okay, well try unplugging all SATA devices, take out your gpu, and plug your DVI cable into the back of your motherboard. Try to boot like that.

Dont you need a GPU to boot up?

And I can try that but then when do I put my gpu and everything back in, after I update the BIOS and everything?

20 minutes ago, Giovanni P said:

Dont you need a GPU to boot up?

And I can try that but then when do I put my gpu and everything back in, after I update the BIOS and everything?

Your CPU has one built it, it's of course not near as powerful as your graphics card, but for troubleshooting it will work. You don't need to take anything out of your case, except your GPU. Just unplug your SATA drives and your graphics card, plug your DVI cable into the back of your board, and see if you get a signal to your monitor.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

8 minutes ago, catzambia said:

Your CPU has one built it, it's of course not near as powerful as your graphics card, but for troubleshooting it will work. You don't need to take anything out of your case, except your GPU. Just unplug your SATA drives and your graphics card, plug your DVI cable into the back of your board, and see if you get a signal to your monitor.

So take the graphics card out of my case, unplug my HDD and SSD and plug the DVI into the motherboard. Then if I get a signal, what do I do?

8 minutes ago, Giovanni P said:

So take the graphics card out of my case, unplug my HDD and SSD and plug the DVI into the motherboard. Then if I get a signal, what do I do?

Then you would try putting your graphics card back in. You've got to take out components to single them out to see if they are the issue. But right now you need to get your graphics card and drives out of the board so you can see if your main components, CPU, motherboard, and RAM work.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

Make sure you get yourself one of those tiny case speakers, https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812201032

They will make beeps corresponding to the error. Mine gave 5 so it indicates CPU error. Possibly a dead cpu as I installed it correctly, checked everything multiple times and even reapplied new thermal paste.

Your computer symptoms are the same as mine. Get yourself one of those tiny case speakers to put INSIDE your case to be sure. And if it's dead, send it in for a replacement.

17 hours ago, catzambia said:

@lilbman@SpaceGhostC2C@Comic_Sans_MS

Help me help this feller out would ya?

LOL what makes me any more qualified than anyone else?  I'll try and help though.

17 hours ago, Giovanni P said:

So, I finally got my PC build, built it and when I was finally ready to set it up, I came into a problem. Whenever I power on the power supply and turn the case on, the fans turn on, RGB turns on but, the monitor does not turn on. It just goes to a no signal screen every single time. I am connecting a DVI cable from the graphics card into the monitor. I have the Acer K212HQL Monitor (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.LX2AA.00...), the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Motherboard (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GA...), Intel i5 Core 7600k Processor, and the ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 8GB GPU (https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX107...). I have already tried to take out and mix up the RAM to see if it changed anything while it didn't. Please please help me I have been anticipating this pc for so long and now that I have it and no signal is being output I feel horrible for myself. All of these parts are brand new and are not used, so I have never used a PC before, I have always used a MAC and thought building a PC would be fun. One of my friends has told me that it may be my drivers but I havent even gotten up to the part of the build where you need to setup your BIOS. PLEASE HELP

1) Have you confirmed that the monitor even works? That's a fairly cheap monitor so I wouldn't expect the greatest QC.

It sounds like it might be a dead CPU as everything else seems to work.  Do the graphics cards fans turn on?  Does the motherboard give any indication that it works and is turned on?

Can you remove the side panel of your case and take a picture of the whole motherboard + whatever is plugged to it?