Any difference between 1333 and 1600 RAM?

6 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Not in gaming. I mean if I put the 1600MHz in my PC now, would I notice any difference?

What system. Normally less than a 1% speed difference dependent on the use.

Just now, H0R53 said:

Not in gaming. I mean if I put the 1600MHz in my PC now, would I notice any difference?

In daily browsing? no.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

i ran 1066 and 1600 for a few days because my computer doesnt like ram and then i ran macOS and it loves my ram, and there was no noticeable difference for me when going from 1066 to 1600.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

You see it in very CPU bottlenecked tasks (well, technically RAM speed bottlenecked I guess xD but you know) so, generally not gaming and certainly not everyday general use, but in a benchmark, yes, the effect should be noticeable.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Highly doubtful.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

What system. Normally less than a 1% speed difference dependent on the use.

Intel Xeon E3 1240

8GB Corsair XMS3 1333

GTX 1050ti FTW

GTX 950 FTW

Sandick Ultra 3 240GB

upHere 240mm AiO

1.5TB RAID0 array (3x500GB)

500GB RAID) array (2x250GB)

Corsair CX600

Thermaltake Dragonscale

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

In daily browsing? no.

Well, everything from gaming, browsing, and 3D modeling, as well as video rendering. This is my primary workstation that I upgrade at least once a month. This month was an AiO cooler, and next month I am looking for more RAM.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

i ran 1066 and 1600 for a few days because my computer doesnt like ram and then i ran macOS and it loves my ram, and there was no noticeable difference for me when going from 1066 to 1600.

What do you mean 'Mac OS loves my RAM'?

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You see it in very CPU bottlenecked tasks (well, technically RAM speed bottlenecked I guess xD but you know) so, generally not gaming and certainly not everyday general use, but in a benchmark, yes, the effect should be noticeable.

What about very large file transfers? Talking about several hundred gigabytes of files here.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Highly doubtful.

Highly, he says.

9 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Not in gaming.

Just now, H0R53 said:

Well, everything from gaming,

bruh 

Just now, H0R53 said:

Meaning gaming wasn't the primary focus of this topic, buddy. You need to put some points into your 'Insight' skill line.

bruh. 

just put the 1600 kit in with your existing 1333 kit.

it will automatically downclock.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

18 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Intel Xeon E3 1240

8GB Corsair XMS3 1333

GTX 1050ti FTW

GTX 950 FTW

Sandick Ultra 3 240GB

upHere 240mm AiO

1.5TB RAID0 array (3x500GB)

500GB RAID) array (2x250GB)

Corsair CX600

Thermaltake Dragonscale

Well, everything from gaming, browsing, and 3D modeling, as well as video rendering. This is my primary workstation that I upgrade at least once a month. This month was an AiO cooler, and next month I am looking for more RAM.

What do you mean 'Mac OS loves my RAM'?

What about very large file transfers? Talking about several hundred gigabytes of files here.

Highly, he says.

my i7 is shitty and is slowly dying.

Windows 10 doesn't like interacting with my ram properly if its set to anything other than 1066mhz, so I installed macOS because why the fuck not.

macOS doesn't give a shit about my shitty memory controller on my i7, and so it runs with 1600mhz properly. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

23 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

I can't imagine file transfers would be affected by RAM speed in any way whatsoever.  That should depend entirely on the medium you're reading from/writing to, and the interface with which those media are connected (SATA III, USB 3, etc.)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

I wouldn't say noticeable, unless you're actively looking for it. More like measurable, the way the upside down face illusion is only noticeable if you're looking for it. You wouldn't notice anything off otherwise.

I suppose that would be a better word, yes.

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

my i7 is shitty and is slowly dying.

Windows 10 doesn't like interacting with my ram properly if its set to anything other than 1066mhz, so I installed macOS because why the fuck not.

macOS doesn't give a shit about my shitty memory controller on my i7, and so it runs with 1600mhz properly. 

Get a Xeon like mine, they're only $60 on Amazon and kick major ass, and my benchmarks are run without TurboBoost. Can't get better performance for that price. 

5 hours ago, H0R53 said:

Get a Xeon like mine, they're only $60 on Amazon and kick major ass, and my benchmarks are run without TurboBoost. Can't get better performance for that price. 

Expensive sill for me. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

19 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

You have a 3770K. That's more expensive than my Xeon.

Free. :P 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.