CPU Overclock core being useless? XD

Hiya I have 2 questions:

1. Why are two of the core temps completely different to the others - I hear that RealTemp plucks the temps right from the CPU itself so I doubt there is a problem with the software.

2. The CPU is a i5 4690k - It is currently set to 4.2Ghz with no voltage increase but as you can see from the picture it's hitting a max of 78 celcius under max load from Prime95. Should I increase voltage at this point to attempt to lower temps, if so what about? 1.1?

Test 2.png

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Increasing voltage increases heat.

Okay, sorry. Must've listened wrong in the video then. Are those temps okay for stress load? + What about those cores?

1 minute ago, mattonfire said:

Okay, sorry. Must've listened wrong in the video then. Are those temps okay for stress load? + What about those cores?

If all four cores were stressed at the same time it's not normal for one core to max out at 77°C and another to max out at 55°C. I'd double check your CPU cooler and make sure it's mounted properly. Also make sure Prime95 is stressing all cores and not just two.

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If all four cores were stressed at the same time it's not normal for one core to max out at 77°C and another to max out at 55°C. I'd double check your CPU cooler and make sure it's mounted properly. Also make sure Prime95 is stressing all cores and not just two.

Well, it was fine for the other stresses. Here have a look at the tests. Should I run the test again to see?

https://pastebin.com/Rr0wmiTM

you will never have any load that will be even close to prime 95 so you are fine

Just now, cj09beira said:

you will never have any load that will be even close to prime 95 so you are fine

Alrighty, what about the strange temps though? xD

Just now, mattonfire said:

Alrighty, what about the strange temps though? xD

because intel uses shit thermal paste

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

because intel uses shit thermal paste

It's not a stock cooler ahaha, It's the NH-D15S. And retested it and they are all within 1/2 of each other, think the test was just poor.

3 minutes ago, mattonfire said:

Well, it was fine for the other stresses. Here have a look at the tests. Should I run the test again to see?

https://pastebin.com/Rr0wmiTM

It seems suddenly you're getting an irregular result at 4.2GHz but the rest appear fine.

Run the test again at 4.2GHz. If it is still weird run the test at 4.1GHz. If that result is fine set the voltage a little higher and set it back to 4.2GHz and run the test again. You may have reached the limit before more power is required.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

It seems suddenly you're getting an irregular result at 4.2GHz but the rest appear fine.

Run the test again at 4.2GHz. If it is still weird run the test at 4.1GHz. If that result is fine set the voltage a little higher and set it back to 4.2GHz and run the test again. You may have reached the limit before more power is required.

Yeah, redid the test. It was absolutely fine. 

2 minutes ago, mattonfire said:

It's not a stock cooler ahaha, It's the NH-D15S. And retested it and they are all within 1/2 of each other, think the test was just poor.

i mean between the cpu silicon and the metal plate you see on the top of the cpu

5 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

i mean between the cpu silicon and the metal plate you see on the top of the cpu

Yeah, the thermal paste came with the cooler. Not from intel ;) Noctua :)

Just now, mattonfire said:

the metal part of your cpu where you put YOUR thermal paste is NOT the cpu silicon, intel puts shit thermal paste between the SILICON (cpu itself) and the metal where You put your thermal paste

3 minutes ago, mattonfire said:

He's talking about the compound between the CPU Die and the heatspreader, not the heat spreader and your cooler.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

6 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

the metal part of your cpu where you put YOUR thermal paste is NOT the cpu silicon, intel puts shit thermal paste between the SILICON (cpu itself) and the metal where You put your thermal paste

6 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

He's talking about the compound between the CPU Die and the heatspreader, not the heat spreader and your cooler.

Ohh, I think I know what you're talking about now. I'm pretty sure I saw a video of someone changing it. They had to take the glue off and got messy.

33 minutes ago, mattonfire said:

Ohh, I think I know what you're talking about now. I'm pretty sure I saw a video of someone changing it. They had to take the glue off and got messy.

Yea it also voids the warrenty.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump