$50 price cut to Xbox One S. Preparing for Microsoft's announcement of Project Scorpio?

LaboonTheWhale

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/10/15776382/xbox-one-s-price-cut-e3-2017

So many of my console friends are speculating on how awesome it will be or how they're going to have "true 4k gaming." 

I work at gamestop part time (to pay my discounted phone bill) and how we are supposed to explain the Scorpio is telling them they can play in "true 4k gaming" and "ultra high definition graphics" and all these other marketing terms. 

Some friends think it'll be $399 for 500gb/1tb (hah) and $499 for 2tb or 4tb. 

I still doubt this and it'll be some 1st gen Ps3 price. Treading in mid range PC territory. 

4 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

how they're going to have "true 4k gaming." 

you would be surprised, if they can price it right will be really good for the money. 

I'm fully expecting 500 or 600, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.  I still don't know if I'll bother, there's very few exclusives to XBOne that I want, and most of those are available on the Windows store if I'm desperate.

Ehh it'll probably start at 499 or 599, learning towards 599, doubtful it'll be as low as 399, but I guess we'll see soon.

Just now, PineyCreek said:

I'm fully expecting 500 or 600, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.  I still don't know if I'll bother, there's very few exclusives to XBOne that I want, and most of those are available on the Windows store if I'm desperate.

while working today thats what i was talking about with a customer. I'm no "Hurrrr get PC brah" but I was talking to them about how there's not many exclusives that really even warrant the thought of buying it. 

Gears came to PC, Forza came to PC, Halo wars on PC. I'm not sure what is left that really needs to be experienced on the Scorpio that you can't do on the PC. and PC can do PC things on top of gaming. 

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

lower console prices is actually good for everyone, even PC gamers. This is because graphics card manufacturers then have to compete with the console market for market share, and lower their prices. Competition is always good for the consumer.  

I concur, but if it priced high. I can't see Microsoft being blind to the potential of losing customers to PC 

if I can run forza horizon 3 at native 4k and HDR for under $500 im buying it.

Keep in mind the discount is only temporary. So get in quick I guess. Although it would be wise to wait and see what happens with the Scorpio as it could be better to invest in that.

" A Microsoft representative clarified to IGN that the $50 price drop only applies to select Xbox One consoles and will only apply from June 11 through June 17."

But you never know,. they could extend it or make it a permanent price drop.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

It's probably just an E3 thing.  Origin is having free Origin Access all this week..there's gonna be a ton of promos.  This is just one of them.

in before "true 4k gaming" becomes "true 4k gaming*"

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

$600 seems way too high considering they're still using the same crap Jaguar cores and since the gpu looks to be around RX 480 performance plus 10% or so. Considering how popular the PS4 has been I'd be surprised to see the Scorpio for more than $450. Microsoft desperately needs to claw back market share and a $600 console isn't going to do that.