Which cooler for Q9650 @+4.0GHz

Keyser Malik
On 2017-5-30 at 4:27 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Most good alternatives are out of stock. If there isn't another store you're looking at, the H5 Ultimate is still a good option.

Noctua NH-D14 in my country is $73.11, should I get it? It's for my LGA 775 system

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

13 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Noctua NH-D14 in my country is $73.11, should I get it? It's for my LGA 775 system

The site you linked earlier doesn't use dollars. How's that compare to the pricing for the H5?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The site you linked earlier doesn't use dollars. How's that compare to the pricing for the H5?

Yes I didn't linked it I am in Indonesia, I just want a cooler even if it's expensive (come on the cooler I just said is the most expensive in air cooling)

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Yes I didn't linked it I am in Indonesia, I just want a cooler even if it's expensive (come on the cooler I just said is the most expensive in air cooling)

Pricing varies depending on where you're shopping. Here in the US, the NH-D14 isn't much more expensive than the H5 and is far from the most expensive option in air cooling. 

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.95 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($63.59 @ OutletPC) 

The NH-D14 is a bit better than the H5 but whether its a better value depends on pricing.

If you want the best option in air cooling, it's probably the NH-D15 for its performance, acoustics, and mounting hardware, or the NH-U14S for its form factor.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I give my two cents of the Q9650

the typical OC on the Q9650 is around the 4GHz mark

max I have seen on air cooling is prob around 4.2GHz

some are able to crack 4.4GHz but that is under water cooling at 1.44+ volts with 1.37V in windows and using Voltage offset.

1.5V is the absolute max you should go on the 45nm CPUs.

any higher and you risk frying it.

1.3V is where you should go for the 4.2GHz

any higher and you will need to invest in bigger 240/280mm AIO liquid cooler

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Pricing varies depending on where you're shopping. Here in the US, the NH-D14 isn't much more expensive than the H5 and is far from the most expensive option in air cooling. 

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.95 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($63.59 @ OutletPC) 

The NH-D14 is a bit better than the H5 but whether its a better value depends on pricing.

If you want the best option in air cooling, it's probably the NH-D15 for its performance, acoustics, and mounting hardware, or the NH-U14S for its form factor.

Ok I think I gonna request the mount for LGA 775 from Noctua, thank you! Because I think U14S is more efficient by it's performance and size

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :