1700x or 7700k?

Hello, guys!

So I want to build a new rig for content creation and hardcore 4k gaming. But I am really confused between Ryzen and i7 7700k because of the software's like photoshop, 3ds max, c4d, houdini is both single and multi-core hungry(I mostly use).

My main purpose will be CG. But I also had Lg 27UD68P monitor so will buy 1080ti to game on 4k and it will also help me with rendering with those freaking CUDA`s.

Here are the two parts:
Intel: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7wrCPs
AMD: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mp9LLD

Now pls help me to choose one. Also heard that Ryzen is still not optimized with a lot of rams and all.
I am totally in no man's land.:(

Thanks in advance guys.

Agreed, 1700(x) for content creation.

Don't forget a cpu cooler though if you're getting the 1700x.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

The 1700 offers more performance for your money, this is an easy one. If you want numbers I can offer them as I'm building using the exact parts you have listed tomorrow. . 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, RedSpade said:

Agreed, 1700(x) for content creation.

Don't forget a cpu cooler though if you're getting the 1700x.

No I though of custom cooling ^_^

How Ryzen works with different RAM is continuisly being worked on. It's still verry young, yet has come a long way from where it was. Since you are planning on doing more then just gaming, Ryzen will beat Intel hands down. Intel actually won't get you that much better performance at higher resolutions, due to games becoming more of a gpu bottleneck at that point. This was even true when it first launched.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

The 1700 offers more performance for your money, this is an easy one. If you want numbers I can offer them as I'm building using the exact parts you have listed tomorrow. . 

Wow.. Can you give me some benches after your rig is complete?

Just now, BluJay614 said:

How Ryzen works with different RAM is continuisly being worked on. It's still verry young, yet has come a long way from where it was. Since you are planning on doing more then just gaming, Ryzen will beat Intel hands down. Intel actually won't get you that much better performance at higher resolutions, due to games becoming more of a gpu bottleneck at that point. This was even true when it first launched.

okay... so 1700x will be a perfect choice?

Just now, Cool_BoyD^-^ said:

okay... so 1700x will be a perfect choice?

No, 1700 will be :P 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, Cool_BoyD^-^ said:

Wow.. Can you give me some benches after your rig is complete?

Yep, shoot me a PM so I don't forget. I ran a bunch of benchmarks today with my 4790k so will have a good idea the real world difference. Only difference is I bought the 1700X because it was on sale for 10 bucks more than the 1700. But same motherboard and RAM. 

Good shopping mate!

My Trident-Z is 3200MHz, so we'll see if I can get that from it as well. 

OH, running a Kraken X62, what's holding up the show

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, DocSwag said:

No, 1700 will be :P 

oh okay ^_^

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Yep, shoot me a PM so I don't forget. I ran a bunch of benchmarks today with my 4790k so will have a good idea the real world difference. Only difference is I bought the 1700X because it was on sale for 10 bucks more than the 1700. But same motherboard and RAM. 

Good shopping mate!

My Trident-Z is 3200MHz, so we'll see if I can get that from it as well. 

yeah sure mate

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

1700x will let OP overclock higher, especially since OP will be using custom cooling. 

The difference is literally like .0125 ghz on average, it doesn't actually matter :P 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

The difference is literally like .0125 ghz on average, it doesn't actually matter :P 

it's binned a higher, if OP can afford it, it would be a better idea. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

it's binned a higher, if OP can afford it, it would be a better idea. 

Except the difference is like .0125 ghz, which doesn't really matter

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Cool_BoyD^-^ said:

Hello, guys!

So I want to build a new rig for content creation and hardcore 4k gaming. But I am really confused between Ryzen and i7 7700k because of the software's like photoshop, 3ds max, c4d, houdini is both single and multi-core hungry(I mostly use).

My main purpose will be CG. But I also had Lg 27UD68P monitor so will buy 1080ti to game on 4k and it will also help me with rendering with those freaking CUDA`s.

Here are the two parts:
Intel: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7wrCPs
AMD: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mp9LLD

Now pls help me to choose one. Also heard that Ryzen is still not optimized with a lot of rams and all.
I am totally in no man's land.:(

Thanks in advance guys.

Check out Microcenter for your CPU/Motherboard, they usually have incredible bundles. I am looking at getting a 1700x + b350 Tomahawk for $350 which is essentially buying the CPU and getting the motherboard for free.

Just now, Nip_holes said:

Check out Microcenter for your CPU/Motherboard, they usually have incredible bundles. I am looking at getting a 1700x + b350 Tomahawk for $350 which is essentially buying the CPU and getting the motherboard for free.

There is no microcenter in India.

Ryzen for your other applications :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Cool_BoyD^-^ said:

In India the pricing is too high why :'(

Use the appropriate site: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Use the appropriate site: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/

only take into account of amazon india and the price is 90% incorrect. there is frakaart as well and some other indian store that I don't remember which has more products

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

only take into account of amazon india and the price is 90% incorrect. there is frakaart as well and some other indian store that I don't remember which has more products

Well that sucks.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

mdcomputers.in is the best here