Is it 'illegal' to create multiple Steam accounts?

Does it violate the Steam Subscriber Agreement to create a second Steam account for use by the same user?

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, Aereldor said:

I already looked through it, and I couldn't find my answer.

That's why I'm asking here.

If your account gets hacked and you are unavailable log onto it then I didn't see any problem in doing that, if however you start making accounts just for the fun of it they will be taken down.  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I hardly think there's any thing wrong with having multiple accounts.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

No it's perfectly fine to. Cant see a reason why it would be against anything, nor why you would want to but yeah 

From what I knwo Valve are ok with people having multiple accounts however they do still reserve the right to ban people without giving reason. I would say they would not suspend multiple accounts as long as people not running massive schemes to get items with 100s of accounts.

As for it being illegal I mean I dunno should maybe call 999/911 and ask them that :P 

2 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

If your account gets hacked and you are unavailable log onto it then I didn't see any problem in doing that, if however you start making accounts just for the fun of it they will be taken down.  

It may be "illegal" but they won't take 2nd accounts down.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Nope.

This issue has been debated on Steam's forums twice. Once in 2013 and again in 2015. The results were the same as in this room: no official answer, just opinions. Proceed at your own risk.

i have like 7 accounts all cs smurfs, been 3 years no bans 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

Why is this even a concern? I would never have tought about it.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

"illegal"

Look its not fucking illegal, it may be against the terms of service, but thats on the other side of the world as to laws.

12 hours ago, yathis said:

"illegal"

Look its not fucking illegal, it may be against the terms of service, but thats on the other side of the world as to laws.

You've proven yourself utterly incapable of reason and civility across many threads. Is it too much to ask that you try?

There's a very clear reason why 'Illegal' was in quotes, and if you read the post rather than just the title, you would know what I mean. 

It was used figuratively to describe a possible breach of the Steam Subscriber Agreement rather than a breach of local laws. Valve reserves the right to suspend accounts as they see fit, and for someone who has invested in several games on their platform, I do not want to risk getting my account suspended. It is a harsh enough consequence for me to avoid creating another account, and risk violating Steam's own 'Laws'.

So I break the TOS and the cops are going to show up and write a ticket.

Come on buddy!

The only time cops will ever get involved in an "illegal" situation is when it is a copyright crime. Like someone ripping media and selling it. That is the ONLY TIME EVER! that pigs will get involved. You making it sound like its breaking the criminal code, when its not, not at all.

17 hours ago, yathis said:

So I break the TOS and the cops are going to show up and write a ticket.

Come on buddy!

The only time cops will ever get involved in an "illegal" situation is when it is a copyright crime. Like someone ripping media and selling it. That is the ONLY TIME EVER! that pigs will get involved. You making it sound like its breaking the criminal code, when its not, not at all.

Illegal is defined as a breach of law. I took an expressive liberty, but one that can be justified. Steam has laws, and if I break them, that would be illegal as far as the mircocosm of Steam goes.

At any rate, doesn't seem like having a second account violates the SSA, so I'm in the green.

If you're creating a second account to do something that circumvents Valve's ToS or exploits Steam functionality, that will [I hope] be a problem. But I don't think there's any problem with simply having two accounts.

17 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Steam has laws

Steam does not have laws. They only have terms. Its only a contract. Nothing enforceable by any authority.

I have many different accounts and nothing has happened to them other than VAC and overwatch bans.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

2 hours ago, yathis said:

Steam does not have laws. They only have terms. Its only a contract. Nothing enforceable by any authority.

Enforceable by Steam themselves by unleashing the bansaber. You can argue semantics all you want, but violating their terms and being caught has consequences.