High BIOS time?

I am confused. I have A PCI-e SSD connected to my motherboard (Kingston - Predator 240GB PCI-E Solid State Drive) and have Windows 10 on that but my bios time is around 25 seconds? I hardly have any startup programs. My friends have standard SSDs but their bios time si like 8 - 11 seconds. Why is that? How can I fix it? Thank you!:D

My PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z9tNFd

Is this a clean installed windows?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Go to your bios and change your POST time to something like 1-2 second if you want save some second ... I don't really mind the bootup time as I usually don't restart my computer much. My server is currently running for 3 months and my desktop have been running for ~5 days. 

Magical Pineapples

Do you have "fast boot" enabled in your BIOS? This usually affects how long the splash screen is up for.

I do have fast boot and this version of Windows 10 was a download I did a week ago or so whenever my computer was having problems so I just kept all files and then downloaded windows over again. 

3 hours ago, Jacobmb514 said:

I do have fast boot and this version of Windows 10 was a download I did a week ago or so whenever my computer was having problems so I just kept all files and then downloaded windows over again. 

In future remember to quote me so I get the notification that you have replied, if you just type in the reply box no one will get the notification on here.

Was it a completely fresh install? Did you put it on a USB and then install it?

8 hours ago, Celios said:

In future remember to quote me so I get the notification that you have replied, if you just type in the reply box no one will get the notification on here.

Was it a completely fresh install? Did you put it on a USB and then install it?

I used it off a windows 10 disk. I told it to do a clean install.

3 hours ago, Jacobmb514 said:

I used it off a windows 10 disk. I told it to do a clean install.

Well, splash screen time can vary depending on your components and motherboard. 

I'm not too sure what else you can try now. The only thing I can reccomend is reinstalling windows again but this time in UEFI mode. UEFI mode can shave 5 - 10 seconds off of boot time.

I would say, but don't follow me blindly, but X99 posts a lot slower than 115x motherboards.

It's just the nature of the chipset.

Are any of your friends using x99?

Also, why are you concerned about boot times?

25 seconds is not long, 1/4 of a minute. Couldn't even make a cup of tea in that time.

But that's just my thoughts.

It's not a race to the bottom.

5 hours ago, 0x1e said:

I would say, but don't follow me blindly, but X99 posts a lot slower than 115x motherboards.

25 seconds is not long, 1/4 of a minute. Couldn't even make a cup of tea in that time.

He's saying it takes 25 seconds to  get passed the BIOS splash screen (post). Not 25 seconds to finish the whole boot. That 25 seconds doesn't include windows loading.

But I've never had an x99 motherboard, so I don't know if this is normal. 

I may end up trying tat if it ends up bothering me enough

8 hours ago, 0x1e said:

It is just me being curious because they have like $2000 gaming rigs with standard SATA SSDs. I have a $4000 gaming rig with a PCIe SATA.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:03 PM, Jacobmb514 said:

I am confused. I have A PCI-e SSD connected to my motherboard (Kingston - Predator 240GB PCI-E Solid State Drive) and have Windows 10 on that but my bios time is around 25 seconds? I hardly have any startup programs. My friends have standard SSDs but their bios time si like 8 - 11 seconds. Why is that? How can I fix it? Thank you!:D

My PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z9tNFd

go into bios and disable post testing.

post will hang on testing the ssd as when post was designed ssd did not exist.

even worse with hybrid drive.

but best thing for you do is take drive to friends and do antivirus scan on it.

you maybe ransomwared and the virus is trying to do its encryption process which will extend boot time greatly.

3 hours ago, David Barishev said:

Maybe try to update bios version ?

I do have the latest BIOS version, but that was the first thing I thought to do :)

On 5/18/2017 at 2:23 PM, bcguru9384 said:

go into bios and disable post testing.

post will hang on testing the ssd as when post was designed ssd did not exist.

even worse with hybrid drive.

but best thing for you do is take drive to friends and do antivirus scan on it.

you maybe ransomwared and the virus is trying to do its encryption process which will extend boot time greatly.

I don't know how to disable post testing in my BIOS. I have dug through every option but it is not there.

• 2 years later...

On 5/20/2017 at 10:29 PM, Jacobmb514 said:

I don't know how to disable post testing in my BIOS. I have dug through every option but it is not there.

So did were you able to solve the issue?