Help choosing the right cooling

Hi guys, I am currently on the hunt for a new cooling solution for my system.

My system has a Intel Core(TM) i5 6600k with a GeForce 1060 from Palit.

I currently have a 240mm Antec all-in one liquid cooler in my system which performs very well even under load.  I am not a major overclock and don't often clock my CPU very high.  I will occasionally do som light overclocking to get some extra oomph out of my CPU but this is not something that is common for me.

What I am looking for is a cooling solution that will perform well but be quiet. I don't need complete silence but I do want my system to be quiet enough so that it won't bother me (I know this is all very highly subjective)

I have a microphone fairly close to my system and would like the noise level to not be to intrusive.  I commonly use this system for gaming and live streams so I would like it's noise levels to be quiet during gaming loads.

I would really appreciate some help in choosing a cooler for my build.  I am not averse to either air or liquid cooling but I do not want to create a custom water cooling loop as this is not something I am comfortable with.  I would also like the cooler to look good and fit my all black build as I do have a glass window.

My budget is fairly flexible as long as the cost is nothing too crazy so I am open to any and all suggestions.  I would very much prefer suggestions that are based on personal experience

Thank you in advance for any assistance :) 

Edited by EpicOfficer
I have an Antec AIO not Cooler Master

Be Quiet Dark Rock 3

You have enough for water cooling???

Maybe a custom water loop but they aren't free...

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Be Quiet Dark Rock 3

Thanks for the reply... I did look into this and it would certainly fit my system scheme but I am not too sure if I like the way it looks just yet.

How does this cooler sound at regular gaming loads with the included fan(s)?

1 minute ago, The Asian Invasion© said:

You have enough for water cooling???

Maybe a custom water loop but they aren't free...

I do have the money for a custom loop in theory but this isn't something I am ready to start diving into just yet as I have never don this before

7 minutes ago, EpicOfficer said:

Hi guys, I am currently on the hunt for a new cooling solution for my system.

My system has a Intel Core(TM) i5 6600k with a GeForce 1060 from Palit.

I currently have a 240mm Antec all-in one liquid cooler in my system which performs very well even under load.  I am not a major overclock and don't often clock my CPU very high.  I will occasionally do som light overclocking to get some extra oomph out of my CPU but this is not something that is common for me.

What I am looking for is a cooling solution that will perform well but be quiet. I don't need complete silence but I do want my system to be quiet enough so that it won't bother me (I know this is all very highly subjective)

I have a microphone fairly close to my system and would like the noise level to not be to intrusive.  I commonly use this system for gaming and live streams so I would like it's noise levels to be quiet during gaming loads.

I would really appreciate some help in choosing a cooler for my build.  I am not averse to either air or liquid cooling but I do not want to create a custom water cooling loop as this is not something I am comfortable with.  I would also like the cooler to look good and fit my all black build as I do have a glass window.

My budget is fairly flexible as long as the cost is nothing too crazy so I am open to any and all suggestions.  I would very much prefer suggestions that are based on personal experience

Thank you in advance for any assistance :) 

Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

Just now, EpicOfficer said:

I am not a major overclock and don't often clock my CPU very high

Well if thats the case then you can probably get away with a Swiftech H220-X its amazingly quiet and good for some light overclocking 

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

5 minutes ago, EpicOfficer said:

Thanks for the reply... I did look into this and it would certainly fit my system scheme but I am not too sure if I like the way it looks just yet.

How does this cooler sound at regular gaming loads with the included fan(s)?

extremely quite 

I don't have it but if you look up acoustic and sound performance review of this cooler you would see it always topping the list. you could look at pro 3 too but it is similar in noise

1 minute ago, domandric034 said:

Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

I'm not too sure on the aesthetics of this one but at it's price point I could easily make it work with a replacement fan and possibly a paint job... 

What's your experience with this one? what sort of cooling configuration do you have in your system and how loud does it get at load?

Do you use the included fan and if not which one do you use?

Thanks for your suggestion :) 

11 minutes ago, EpicOfficer said:

*SNIP*

Maybe look at a noctua cooler? They are air cooler but I've heard that they are really good and relatively quiet. Maybe not the best looking cooler though.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Just now, c0d0ps said:

Maybe look at a noctua cooler? They are air cooler but I've heard that they are really good and relatively quiet.

he wants it black abd noctua are ugly af

1 minute ago, EpicOfficer said:

I'm not too sure on the aesthetics of this one but at it's price point I could easily make it work with a replacement fan and possibly a paint job... 

What's your experience with this one? what sort of cooling configuration do you have in your system and how loud does it get at load?

Do you use the included fan and if not which one do you use?

Thanks for your suggestion :) 

I rock it on my new rig. Controlling it with ASUS Z170-K in UEFI and when it is stressed with VM's its actually not that loud. Performs for my requirments

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

he wants it black abd noctua are ugly af

Paint it? xD

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

1 minute ago, domandric034 said:

I rock it on my new rig. Controlling it with ASUS Z170-K in UEFI and when it is stressed with VM's its actually quiet. Performs for my requirments

Thank you for this... I will definitely bare this one in mind C: 

Just now, EpicOfficer said:

Thank you for this... I will definitely bare this one in mind C: 

No problem bro. ;)

You can even get Zalman CNPS 5x Performa.

I bought cooler for cheap to sell it with my old rig

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Thank you very much fo providing some benchmarks on this...

These look pretty impressive and I do like the look of this cooler

It's very hard however to gauge noise levels from benchmarks and videos which is my only concern... the performance and price point look more than good enough for what I want but I really want reassurance on is whether this will be truly quiet under typical gaming and streaming loads

Any insight on this would be extremely helpful in giving me a better idea on the noise levels of this cooler

15 hours ago, EpicOfficer said:

Thank you very much fo providing some benchmarks on this...

These look pretty impressive and I do like the look of this cooler

It's very hard however to gauge noise levels from benchmarks and videos which is my only concern... the performance and price point look more than good enough for what I want but I really want reassurance on is whether this will be truly quiet under typical gaming and streaming loads

Any insight on this would be extremely helpful in giving me a better idea on the noise levels of this cooler

You can see how noise levels compare in reviews. I have personally heard two coolers, U14S and 212 Evo under load and in same case, R4. From that I can tell 212 is louder. What I mean by that is, that you have current cooler as baseline for noise levels. Next look for reviews which have that and some more common coolers and see how noise levels compare. After that you can use those common coolers as benchmark when you compare noise levels said in reviews.

How it will sound in person is hard or impossible to tell. Your case, ambient noise and how you hear different styles of noises will have their part. Good thing is that you can lower fan speeds and get lower noise levels. And since you are going for air, you only have fan noise, not pump too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What are your temps and which components are too loud?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 5/20/2017 at 3:03 AM, WoodenMarker said:

What are your temps and which components are too loud?

I don't often check my temperatures so I couldn't tell you.  The loudest components right now are the pump (vibrating like hell) and the front fans (even when tuning the fan curve)

I have just bought the NZXT S340 that will be arriving in a few days and I am going to see what the noise is like using my Nepton 240M (I bought this a while back but never actually used it since I didn't have enough clearance) 

Hopefully this will improve the situation with a front mounted radiator configuration and a top and rear exhaust fan

If not I will be looking at possibly a SilentLoop 240 with two SilentWings 3 fans for exhaust.

I opted to stay away from an air cooler although I was considering it because I just didn't like the aesthetic.