Samsung TV not connecting to router

God I hate this TV....

Samsung UN32EH5300. 

A few days ago it just stopped connecting to my router. It's been fine for about three years until now. Router is dual band Netgear. I had it connected to the 5GHz band. All phones and tablets are on 2.4 band. For a while, it wouldn't even show that the preferred network existed. But I did a factory reset and it finally saw it again. But still wouldn't connect. Tried the 2.4 band and it connected with absolutely no problem. I have no idea what the hell is going on but I can barely see straight because I've been trying to figure this out for days and I just keep getting more and more pissed. 

move the router a bit closer to the tv

reset the password

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Router is mounted to the wall, it's not moving. But it's been fine for more than three years. There is one wall between the TV and the router, about 13' from router to TV. No other device has problems connecting to the network. 

38 minutes ago, ucrbuffalo said:

Router is mounted to the wall, it's not moving. But it's been fine for more than three years. There is one wall between the TV and the router, about 13' from router to TV. No other device has problems connecting to the network. 

Maybe the router didn't move, but perhaps neighbours installed a new router, or moved theirs, causing interference. Or there's another device broadcasting in the same frequency range (baby monitors etc.)

It's a good idea to troubleshoot your problem. Just to make sure it's not that the TV can't pick up the signal or establish a solid connection.

Does you mum know you're here?

19 hours ago, VVoltor said:

Maybe the router didn't move, but perhaps neighbours installed a new router, or moved theirs, causing interference. Or there's another device broadcasting in the same frequency range (baby monitors etc.)

It's a good idea to troubleshoot your problem. Just to make sure it's not that the TV can't pick up the signal or establish a solid connection.

Sorry to sound edgy.  Like I said, I had been getting really frustrated with it.  I can try moving the TV closer and testing it when I get home tonight.  I refuse to move the router.  Its part of a larger project I spent a week and a half to get perfect.  Apartment living makes it difficult to live the ethernet life.

Moved the TV to the same room. 4 feet from router. Same results. 

Update: Just for S&G, I plugged in an Ethernet cable from the switch to the TV. Still couldn't connect. But connects to 2.4GHz band just fine???? Why in the world is going on here???

Update 2: wired through router directly works fine. No other devices affected, not even through the switch. 

Update 3: WTF??? Now it won't even connect to the 2.4!!!!! I'm gonna throw this f***ing TV off the balcony. 

Funny enough my sister had a Samsung TV do the same thing. She went out and bought a Fire Stick with Kodi on it, Solved the problem that way. My guessing is there is something hardware wise not working in the TV or perhaps its the shit Samsung software. You might be SOL. Like I said, we were never able to get my sisters TV to connect ever again, so yeah........ 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

What NetGear router do you have? Specifically, what model number? It's on a sticker on the bottom of the router.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)