G-sync for gaming

CardinalHunter

G-sync/Free-sync for gaming  

9 members have voted

1. 1. G-sync/Free-sync for gaming, do you need them?

• Yes
    • No
    • Others elaborate pls

^^^^

Nvidia gpu users(maybe AMD too, in this case with free-sync)- When you game do you need gsync? Is it that important? How noticeable would the stutters/ other problems involving lag be? Would I need gsync for gaming?

2 minutes ago, CardinalHunter said:

^^^^

Nvidia gpu users(maybe AMD too, in this case with free-sync)- When you game do you need gsync? Is it that important? How noticeable would the stutters/ other problems involving lag be? Would I need gsync for gaming?

You definitely don't need it at all, though it is nice if your GPU can't match up to your monitor's refresh rate.

It just kind of smooths the game out, (which is what more FPS feels like too, so you can kind of simulate the effects of higher FPS)

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

For me it would be a nice thing, but definitely not necessary. Some people swear by it though.

I don't think it's necessary at all. It's nice to have and worth it if it's in your budget but if you are going to have to spend more on it, then it's not worth it. 

the thing about gysync and freesync that some people don't understand is that it adds alot of latency to the game so if you are playing a competitive game you shouldn't use it. that being said alot of competitive games are easy to run so there isn't really a benefit anyways as you have fps higher than the refreshrate of your monitor most of the time anyways. 

13 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

the thing about gysync and freesync that some people don't understand is that it adds alot of latency to the game so if you are playing a competitive game you shouldn't use it. that being said alot of competitive games are easy to run so there isn't really a benefit anyways as you have fps higher than the refreshrate of your monitor most of the time anyways. 

This is misinformation. G-Sync adds very little input lag if any, unless the FPS is almost touching the monitor's refresh rate: https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/preview2/

I have a g-sync monitor. However saying that since all my games are hitting over 80+ fps at 1440p i cant see the difference. Its all super smooth with g-sync enabled or not.

I guess it really comes in handy when you hitting low FPS in games. I just cant tell atm.

9 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

This is misinformation. G-Sync adds very little input lag if any, unless the FPS is almost touching the monitor's refresh rate: https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/preview2/

I had only seen a video doing studies on csgo and overwatch as input lag isn't much of a concern when playing the other games tested. Now it does help to put it at 120 fps cap I guess but my point being that you are better off having it off in competitive games like csgo. I mean idk why you would have it on in a game that isn't that demanding in the first place.