NF-A15 help

TheNewPCMan

I am building my first pc and am trying to put some more case fans because the excess heat the evga 1080 ti ftw 3 is going to be putting into my case. this is my parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KPZHKZ 

I am planning on putting 1 more fan in the front bottom of my case, and 1 more fan in the top back of my case. I found some mixed information online about whether or not the NF-A15 will work as a case fan or if it is specific to a cpu heat sync. Please help clarify if I can use these fans in my case and if you see any other issues.

I'm going to say that the NF-A15's won't be able to fit in the front of the case. It does have 140mm mounts, however the physical size of the fan is 150mm, so there's a pretty low chance that they will fit.

The case comes with 3 really high-quality fans, the bequiet! Pure Wings 2, anyways (2 in the front and 1 in the rear), but if you want, get an extra one and put it in the top to help with some heat exhaust.

Hope this helps!

I say jiggly-bytes when I see "GB".

It goes down better than you would expect.

1 hour ago, Insp1r3 said:

I'm going to say that the NF-A15's won't be able to fit in the front of the case. It does have 140mm mounts, however the physical size of the fan is 150mm, so there's a pretty low chance that they will fit.

The case comes with 3 really high-quality fans, the bequiet! Pure Wings 2, anyways (2 in the front and 1 in the rear), but if you want, get an extra one and put it in the top to help with some heat exhaust.

Hope this helps!

I do agree in part. A15 indeed is 150mm in physical size, but mounting holes are for 120mm. However, A14 would be 140mm size with 120mm mounting holes. So A14 would fit rear, maybe bottom too. But I don't think it will be easy installation to front slots.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I do agree in part. A15 indeed is 150mm in physical size, but mounting holes are for 120mm. However, A14 would be 140mm size with 120mm mounting holes. So A14 would fit rear, maybe bottom too. But I don't think it will be easy installation to front slots.

The NF-A14 and NF-A15 are essentially the same fan with a different frame.

NF-A15's use 120mm mounting holes and work well as case fans with the advantage of fitting in some areas without 140mm mounting holes.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.