Ryzen 5-1600 vs I5-7600k

Big Head Tech

The video can be seen in my status update.  Now a few things about my testing methodology.  I tried to get as real world testing as possible, so I had multiple programs open that I normally do when I game.  These tests were done at stock speeds and stock ram speeds (for now).  Each test except GTA V (Have to rerun due to weird results) were ran 2-3 times each.  Below are the programs running during testing:

HWMonitor

CPU-Z

GPU-Z

EVGA Precision

Steam Client

Chrome with 5 tabs open

Fraps (not recording, only counting for WoW)

Below are the platforms I used:

AMD Ryzen 5-1600

Corsair H100I V2

ASrock B350 Pro 4

2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz (2133 for this testing) G.Skill Tridentz

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW (Boosted to 2025MHz Core)

EVGA G2 550W 80+ Gold PSU

Sandisk Ultra II 240GB SSD (USB 3.0 enclosed)

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Intel Core I5-7600k

NZXT kraken x60

Gigabyte Z270-UD3

2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz (2133 for this testing) G.Skill Tridentz

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW (Boosted to 2025MHz Core)

Corsair CX750M 80+ Bronze PSU

Sandisk Ultra II 240GB SSD (USB 3.0 enclosed)

Windows 10 pro 64 Bit

Below are my results:

World of Warcraft Flight from Dalaran to Starsong, Max settings 8 view distance/clutter 4xMSAA 1440p
R5-1600

59.94 (Average)

I5-7600k

57.96 (Average)

GTA V 1440p Max settings (Ran this once each, need to rerun to validate)
R5-1600

98.96 (Average of the 5)

I5-7600k

87.22 (Average of the 5)

Ashes of the Singularity (CPU Test) Extreme Settings
R5-1600 28.9
I5-7600k 27.2

For Honor Max settings 1440p
R5-1600 88.32
I5-7600K 90.09

Time Spy Frame Rate CPU
R5-1600 16.36
I5-7600k 12.99

Oh hey it's you! Definitely gonna check the vid out.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Yee, sweet

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

Oh hey it's you! Definitely gonna check the vid out.

I didn't put GTA V in the video due to issues.

Just now, Damascus said:

Yee, sweet

Thanks!

Interesting results, are you planning to run them again with an OC?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Have you tried overclocking the 1600? I'm curious to see if it's like the 1700 where for the most part it OCs just as well, as I'm curious to see if a 1600x is worth buying for anyone.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Just now, samcool55 said:

Interesting results, are you planning to run them again with an OC?

Well the ASrock board has no OC capabilities so I will buy another board today and try.  I will do OC test at different ram speeds too!  Then Live streaming some WoW since that is popular for my channel!

Just now, Snaeb said:

Well the ASrock board has no OC capabilities so I will buy another board today and try.  I will do OC test at different ram speeds too!  Then Live streaming some WoW since that is popular for my channel!

Wait what? B350 can overclock.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Have you tried overclocking the 1600? I'm curious to see if it's like the 1700 where for the most part it OCs just as well, as I'm curious to see if a 1600x is worth buying for anyone.

I have a 1700x as well that uses the Kraken x60 (Used it for the I5 last night).  I only messed with ram speeds so far.  But plan to OC my 1600 then maybe her 1700x.

Just now, Snaeb said:

Not well.

Really? How far are you getting?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Really? How far are you getting?

Memory I can't even get to 2400MHz, haven't tried CPU yet.

Just now, Snaeb said:

Memory I can't even get to 2400MHz, haven't tried CPU yet.

Thats an issue on the memory, Samsung B-dies work much better.  That's the 3000Mhz CAS 14 TridentZ

Damn wot.

And you've set voltage to 1.35v right?

Damn.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Damascus said:

Thats an issue on the memory, Samsung B-dies work much better.  That's the 3000Mhz CAS 14 TridentZ

I got it to 2933MHz on the same memory on my old board.

Just now, DocSwag said:

Damn wot.

And you've set voltage to 1.35v right?

Damn.

The only settings is voltage, timings and speeds.  No SOC offset.

Just now, Snaeb said:

The only settings is voltage, timings and speeds.  No SOC offset.

Wait what. No CPU overclocking?

That's super weird...

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Wait what. No CPU overclocking?

That's super weird...

It does have voltage and multiplier settings sorry about that.

Just now, Snaeb said:

X370 I'm assuming? Some boards are better than others but different RAM is more or less compatible than others.  Samsung B-dies are the most widely compatible

Just now, Snaeb said:

It does have voltage and multiplier settings sorry about that.

Lol ya got me confused for a second there xD 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Damascus said:

X370 I'm assuming? Some boards are better than others but different RAM is more or less compatible than others.  Samsung B-dies are the most widely compatible

Asus x370 Pro

Just now, DocSwag said:

Lol ya got me confused for a second there xD 

Sorry about that.

2 minutes ago, Snaeb said:

Considered updating the bios? I've heard some of the newer bioses have better support.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Considered updating the bios? I've heard some of the newer bioses have better support.

Yep, both boards were fully up to date.

2 minutes ago, Snaeb said:

Yep, both boards were fully up to date.

Bummer.  Could you please consider OC'ing the CPU on the current Asrock B350?  I'm considering  the mATX version of that board for my upcoming 1700 build

Just now, Damascus said:

Bummer.  Could you please give OC'ing the CPU on the current Asrock B350?  I'm considering  the mATX version of that board for my upcoming 1700 build

I have no messed with it yet, I probably won't get to it as I will be pulling the board today.