A thought: getting the cold air from the street to cool

tridy

Hi

I live in Sweden and at least 50% of the year, the temperature outside is significantly lower than the temperature inside the apartment. So, I wondered, what is that that stops people from using some tubes or pipes and getting the air from the street and cooling down the G/CPUs with this air. Unless one actually wants to warm up the air inside the apartment with this heat that is coming from the tower, of course. But as an idea, why not trying to do something like that? When doing the next renovation, why not isolate a couple of tubes in the walls that go outside the window that is a meter or two away from the tower? Would that be technically difficult to have some sort of air pumps? Is that too much of an overkill? 

just a thought.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

It's not an outlandish idea, but not very practical.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

you would have to deal with condensation and air humidity. it wouldn't be a bad idea for something that has radiators and just create some aluminium ducts outside the case for those. but anything in the case is quite hard to do correctly, or you would have to have humidity and temp sensors for the air that automatically shut off outside air if it would condensate.

condensation would be a thing to worry about.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I thought more of using something similar to water cooling but it would be the air going through the pipes, but I see that the cold pipes coming from the street would condensate.

So, the water cooling with the radiator outside makes more sense, just like in the video. Unless it gets really freezing and then it is a different problem.

Thanks for the replies!

P.S. 17 hours till Calyos kickstarter :)

5 minutes ago, tridy said:

So, the water cooling with the radiator outside makes more sense, just like in the video. Unless it gets really freezing and then it is a different problem.

You could just make a bracket to put the radiator outside when in use.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers