What POWERsuply should I ?

rageagainst96

Hey, 

I recently bought an gigabyte H110 Gaming 3 with an i3-7100. I'll add a Crucial Ballistix DDR4 8GB 2400MHz Cas16

Im thinkin about an GTX1050 and im thinking about what would be the best budget power supply to me...

I also have two an 298GB SAMSUNG HD322HJ and a 931GB TOSHIBA DT01ABA100 + HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NS30120mm Fan.

I would like to know if a Corsair VS-450W  would be OK to supply this system :) 

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :/ 

The Corsair VS series is pretty bad from what I know. Do you have the CX Series where you are? (I'm guessing it'll be the cheapest)

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Get at least tier 3 from the PSU tier list.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

42 minutes ago, rageagainst96 said:

Hey, 

I recently bought an gigabyte H110 Gaming 3 with an i3-7100. I'll add a Crucial Ballistix DDR4 8GB 2400MHz Cas16

Im thinkin about an GTX1050 and im thinking about what would be the best budget power supply to me...

I also have two an 298GB SAMSUNG HD322HJ and a 931GB TOSHIBA DT01ABA100 + HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NS30120mm Fan.

I would like to know if a Corsair VS-450W  would be OK to supply this system :) 

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :/ 

Well the VS would be enough but it's a pretty bad unit.

Is it possible you could get a Pentium G4560 (Hyperthreaded Pentium) for much less and with the money you saved get a GTX 1050 Ti and a better PSU like a Corsair CX450M or Seasonic S12?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Well the VS would be enough but it's a pretty bad unit.

Is it possible you could get a Pentium G4560 (Hyperthreaded Pentium) for much less and with the money you saved get a GTX 1050 Ti and a better PSU like a Corsair CX450M or Seasonic S12?

Well i already bought the i3-7100 :S Im not thinking about overclocking or running high demand games in high/ultra settings... but what about EVGA 450B 80PLUS Bronze ?

6 minutes ago, rageagainst96 said:

Well i already bought the i3-7100 :S Im not thinking about overclocking or running high demand games in high/ultra settings... but what about EVGA 450B 80PLUS Bronze ?

That'll work.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

That'll work.

Even with the GTX 1050 Ti ?

Just now, rageagainst96 said:

Even with the GTX 1050 Ti ?

It'd work with a GTX 1080 if you wanted it to (not that I would pair a cheap PSU like the 450B with a 1080 but you get what I mean).