Amd Ryzen Hyperthreading disabled?

Hello, I just bought the new AMD Ryzen 1700 cpu, MSI B350 Gaming Pro Mobo, and a 32GB Kit of G.Skill Aegis.
OS is Windows 7.

As of right now I have No Idea why my Hyperthreading on my Ryzen cpu is Disabled. I Don't have any Overclocking right now, and It was working before (See attachment), I have tried a Cmos reset, but that hasn't fixed my problem.
Windows is set to High Performance and none of my cores are parked.

I have another drive that has My windows 10 OS and it also shows 8 cores with no hyperthreading.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it some sort of bug I happen to have?

Will Post Mobo Bios pics if you need them.

(System)
AMD Ryzen 1700
MSI B350 Gaming PRO
32GB G.Skill Aegis Ram
980TI
850 Watt PSU

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Well Hyper-Threading is Intel's technology, of course it is disabled on AMD

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html

Whoops I get those mixed up, anyway going to set into Bios and i'll take a look and if I don't see anything I'll post Pictures.

Ok, this is weird. There's not SMT option anywhere on the bios. (And it tends to freeze a lot gonna contact MSI on that.)
But I went ahead and cleared the cmos, this time taking out the battery. (I used the jumpers last time), and now SMT is enabled.

But anyway going to post Bios Pictures and let you guys have a look. (Phone camera so bare the quality)

20170323_223604.jpg

20170323_223800.jpg

20170323_223828.jpg

Capture4.PNG

3 minutes ago, Marhfg said:

But I went ahead and cleared the cmos, this time taking out the battery. (I used the jumpers last time), and now SMT is enabled.

That is good news at least.

I know this is true for my Motherboard, but if SMT ever disables, you have to clear BIOS to turn it back on.

It's been an issue since release.

Just now, Evanair said:

I know this is true for my Motherboard, but if SMT ever disables, you have to clear BIOS to turn it back on.

It's been an issue since release.

Ok so this is just an on going occurrence that'll hopefully get fixed. I started to freak out a bit because I do a lot of Cad work, Modeling, After effects, Compile, Hex edit. All sorts of stuff.

26 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

ryzen "hyperthreading" is called SMT, look through your bios. 

I'm still calling it hyperthreading in my mind.  I'm not used to AMD having a CPU worth looking at, and I haven't learned all their alternative names.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I'm still calling it hyperthreading in my mind.  I'm not used to AMD having a CPU worth looking at, and I haven't learned all their alternative names.

Hyperthreading is Intel's proprietary branded SMT. Calling AMD's SMT "hyperthreading" is like calling all phones "iPhones".

2 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Hyperthreading is Intel's proprietary branded SMT. Calling AMD's SMT "hyperthreading" is like calling all phones "iPhones".

Thank you Captain Obvious. 9_9

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

I get HT and SMT mixed up. So used to saying HT because up until now Intel had their variant of SMT.

53 minutes ago, Marhfg said:

Hello, I just bought the new AMD Ryzen 1700 cpu, MSI B350 Gaming Pro Mobo, and a 32GB Kit of G.Skill Aegis.
OS is Windows 7.

As of right now I have No Idea why my Hyperthreading on my Ryzen cpu is Disabled. I Don't have any Overclocking right now, and It was working before (See attachment), I have tried a Cmos reset, but that hasn't fixed my problem.
Windows is set to High Performance and none of my cores are parked.

I have another drive that has My windows 10 OS and it also shows 8 cores with no hyperthreading.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it some sort of bug I happen to have?

Will Post Mobo Bios pics if you need them.

(System)
AMD Ryzen 1700
MSI B350 Gaming PRO
32GB G.Skill Aegis Ram
980TI
850 Watt PSU

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

either check your BIOS and if it's not that then it might be the OS does ryzen officially support windows 7? cause it might be like kaby lake where it only supports windows 10 officially :/  

16 minutes ago, Drwilyam said:

either check your BIOS and if it's not that then it might be the OS does ryzen officially support windows 7? cause it might be like kaby lake where it only supports windows 10 officially :/  

Nah somehow it was clearing the cmos that fixed the Smt issue. Windows 7 isn't officially supported by amd, but I'm still able to use the OS. Right now SMT is on and I went ahead did a cinebench to see how It stacks up.

7 minutes ago, Marhfg said:

Nah somehow it was clearing the cmos that fixed the Smt issue. Windows 7 isn't officially supported by amd, but I'm still able to use the OS. Right now SMT is on and I went ahead did a cinebench to see how It stacks up.

the best thing i can recommend is probably getting windows 10 or going to r/techsupport (tech support subreddit) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Marhfg said:

(...)

Perhaps under "CPU features" in your second picture? Or the "Downcore settings"?