Regarding Clickbait and thumbnails

Ezekiel

I'm usually not a forum guy and only post if something bothers me. What bothers me this time is everybody complaining about the thumbnails in general and the clickbait title of the newest video. To be frank Linus doesn't care about your opinion he got his family to feed and employees to pay, so he will do whatever he has to do in order to make more money(as long as it is legal). If you genuinely care about this then simply unsubscribe,remove their affiliate code from your amazon bookmark and donät watch the new videos. Either that or you calm down and deal with it. Because try to see it from their perspective they probably think that the people complaining about this are just a vocal minority so you have to show them that they are wrong.

None of that will change that I can still complain about not liking it edit: and they changed the title, less unhappy now (caw)

1 minute ago, Ezekiel said:

I'm usually not a forum guy and only post if something bothers me. What bothers me this time is everybody complaining about the thumbnails in general and the clickbait title of the newest video. To be frank Linus doesn't care about your opinion he got his family to feed and employees to pay, so he will do whatever he has to do in order to make more money(as long as it is legal). If you genuinely care about this then simply unsubscribe,remove their affiliate code from your amazon bookmark and donät watch the new videos. Either that or you calm down and deal with it. Because try to see it from their perspective they probably think that the people complaining about this are just a vocal minority so you have to show them that they are wrong.

Hey, obviously he wants money yes, but his money comes from his viewers.

His viewers watch him, because they like(d?) the content that he produces. With the techtuber (ugh that name is so cringey) market being so saturated, people watch Linus because they want Linus' opinion on matters. One could argue that this isn't just like reading a random article, but more like you are seeing a person that you are attached to in one way or another (brand loyalty).

Think of this dislike train as a warning of sorts from the viewers. Because as a whole we really don't want Linus to fail or to stop him from producing content, as it is still something we value. Sure, we could take away his means of making money, and sure we could unsubscribe and remove their affiliate code; but the consequences for them and us could be catastrophic. As empathetic human beings, most of us would like to give him a warning as well.

In conclusion, while I usually say "deal with it" for clickbait (like they've done in the past few weeks), it's gone to the point where they say they've "tested" a product without actually physically having the product. And it is because of our own tidbit of goodwill and selfishness that we have not yet done the mentioned in your comment.

/rant

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

I was going to watch that video, clickbait or not, so I don't really care.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

@bob51zhang I totally get that but Linus has stated that this as a business decision so IF  you want to change his mind you have got to show him that it was the wrong decision. When he sees people complaining but the views rising obviously he feels that he was successful.I'm not saying to make this a permanent thing just to remind him of the worth of his current viewers.

While I get where you're coming from, you couldn't be more wrong. He needs the views to make his money. If less and less people watch over time because of the content shift, it affects him.

Personally I stopped watching the videos months ago.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

what video........ him in the LabRat coat hyping the prospective performance of the yet to be released RYZEN cpu's?

@dizmo That's a good point but what is the solution then? I personally don't care that much, but assuming it really bothered me, what should I do in your opinion.

He has total freedom to do what he wants. Just don't expect he can maintain viewers' trust at the same time. 

If a channel named "tech tips" loses people's trust, he might as well give up running benchmarks or getting accurate information. Just go full on with the entertainment. 

I see it now ( thanks for reading but not pointing to the vid )............. anyways, a few things bother me.

One, the hair and the coat, it's me minus the rat nose. Try harder next time Linus.

two, the video seems to piss off Intel fanboys a bit. No reason to claim clickbait. The prospective numbers and costs are there. Don't like them, suck it up. We'll all find out soon enough.

Can any of you imagine what a pain in the ass it is to have a job like this and have to continually have to come up with something new on a daily basis? What he does is unique. How many people do you see coming even close? Jay/Bernaclese/or any of those near talent less youtube diatribes that try to get us to watch the same stuff over and over and over and over......and over and over and over...... cut me a break. Bitch about something else. At least it hasn't yet become a broken record.

just google ClickBait on Images, that basically explains ClickBait

https://goo.gl/If6lWh

my fav one is the buzz meme with him saying "ClickBait, ClickBait Everywhere"

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

16 minutes ago, LabRat said:

I see it now ( thanks for reading but not pointing to the vid )............. anyways, a few things bother me.

One, the hair and the coat, it's me minus the rat nose. Try harder next time Linus.

two, the video seems to piss off Intel fanboys a bit. No reason to claim clickbait. The prospective numbers and costs are there. Don't like them, suck it up. We'll all find out soon enough.

Can any of you imagine what a pain in the ass it is to have a job like this and have to continually have to come up with something new on a daily basis? What he does is unique. How many people do you see coming even close? Jay/Bernaclese/or any of those near talent less youtube diatribes that try to get us to watch the same stuff over and over and over and over......and over and over and over...... cut me a break. Bitch about something else. At least it hasn't yet become a broken record.

You were already a bit late.

Personally, the thumbnails were annoying, but their title

Sure, I can deal with you excluding stuff, but don't blatantly claim something that is false, that may very well be true.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

2 hours ago, Ezekiel said:

@dizmo That's a good point but what is the solution then? I personally don't care that much, but assuming it really bothered me, what should I do in your opinion.

Much like one votes with their wallet, vote with your time. Don't watch the videos. There's loads of other, frankly better reviewers out there.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, Ezekiel said:

Yes, I have already done that. I am a forum guy, but I've unsubscribed from LTT long ago, and never really used affiliate links from YouTubers. LTT has moved on to what they like, and I moved on to what I like.

But it's CLICK, BAIT. It's a bait, don't you get it? I got legitimately baited this time. Their video showed up on my recommended section. Reading the title, I thought the NDA lifted early and LTT has already pumped out a video reviewing Ryzen 5 and 3 processors. So I eagerly went ahead and started watching... only to feel like I've been trolled big time.

I don't need to say they actually didn't test Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 3, I don't need to say it was a simulated test by configuring down a Ryzen 7... they know their methodology well enough, and they know their English well enough. What did they do with their video? Title it in a way to fool people into thinking it's a legitimate Ryzen 5 and 3 test. Of course I'd be furious after falling for that bait.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I do not like the dumb thumbnails for the YT and I will bitch and moan about it if I please.

Who will stop me?