If I reset my pc, will it reset all my drives?

Crazie_Flash

So in my pc, I have an SSD with windows and all my important programs. I also have my big 2TB hard drive with important files and game files. Will resetting my pc reset everything or just the SSD?

You mean a windows reset?  If so then that depends, they give you an option to keep your files and just refresh your windows install, or you can wipe everything.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

reset meaning reloading the SSD with a new install of the OS/drivers/apps?

Do you mean a reinstall? Then whatever disk has the OS will be removed (that we'll be your SSD). Your other drives will not be affected. Also, when you want to install windows again make sure that the other drivers are disconnected from Thier power, just in case something does happen.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Unplug the hard drive and reinstall windows with the ssd plugged in only. I would manually reinstall rather than use windows reset. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

2 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Do you mean a reinstall? Then whatever disk has the OS will be removed (that we'll be your SSD). Your other drives will not be affected. Also, when you want to install windows again make sure that the other drivers are disconnected from Thier power, just in case something does happen.

Here's my actual problem. Whenever I try to log in, it takes forever, and crashes and restarts. The wifi also doesn't work, and I believe that it is a software issue, so I conclude that I should just reset the pc.

1 minute ago, Crazie_Flash said:

Here's my actual problem. Whenever I try to log in, it takes forever, and crashes and restarts. The wifi also doesn't work, and I believe that it is a software issue, so I conclude that I should just reset the pc.

There's an issue with the OS. Just reinstall windows. I've had the similar issue. If there is anything on the SSD, I'd get a usb, install Ubuntu on it and then load it up, go to your SSD and take want you need. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

13 minutes ago, Crazie_Flash said:

So in my pc, I have an SSD with windows and all my important programs. I also have my big 2TB hard drive with important files and game files. Will resetting my pc reset everything or just the SSD?

If you're concerned about the reset function deleting stuff off of your drives, disconnect them from the system to avoid it altogether. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

10 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Do you mean a reinstall?

"Resetting" is a function of Windows 10 and possibly Windows 8/8.1. 

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

With the new info I recommend you first check if the os is actually installed on the SSD.

If it is you could have a virus so at this point it would b better to clean reinstall the OS, you can make yourself feel safer by disconnecting the 2TB HDD (power and sata)

15 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

"Resetting" is a function of Windows 10 and possibly Windows 8/8.1. 

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.PNG

Oh. That's interesting. Thanks for that. :P