Feature Suggestion: Proper RSS Feed

AlTech
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

oh ok. Cos I was having issues with the .xml file extension.

A discord bot I'm using which supports RSS feeds didn't like the .xml file and insisted that I have a .rss extension .

How much effort would need to be taken if you were to pursue the ability to have .rss rss links?

It would involve going through IPS, so considerably more effort than modifying the discord bot/getting the discord bot modified.

So, I want to be able to use an RSS link to the Unread Content feed however it doesn't work.

Is there a way for you guys to change the RSS feed URL to end with a .rss extension instead of being a .xml file?

Here's the feed I want to use -> https://linustechtips.com/main/discover/

here's the feed XML file -> https://linustechtips.com/main/discover/all.xml/

Thanks much :).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

It is a valid RSS feed, and .xml is a valid extension for RSS feeds [1] (as well as the mime type that it is served with, text/xml [2]). If your RSS reader doesn't support the feed on this site for those reasons then it also wouldn't support feeds on a lot of other sites, such as the BBC or the New York Times. There may well be another reason that the RSS feed is invalid, but this is the first time that anybody has reported the problem to me, and there are other IPS sites that use RSS feeds more than this one but don't appear to have found the issue.

HTTP/2 203

9 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It is a valid RSS feed, and .xml is a valid extension for RSS feeds [1] (as well as the mime type that it is served with, text/xml [2]). If your RSS reader doesn't support the feed on this site for those reasons then it also wouldn't support feeds on a lot of other sites, such as the BBC or the New York Times. There may well be another reason that the RSS feed is invalid, but this is the first time that anybody has reported the problem to me, and there are other IPS sites that use RSS feeds more than this one but don't appear to have found the issue.

A discord bot I'm using which supports RSS feeds didn't like the .xml file and insisted that I have a .rss extension .

How much effort would need to be taken if you were to pursue the ability to have .rss rss links?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It would involve going through IPS, so considerably more effort than modifying the discord bot/getting the discord bot modified.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Alright. Thanks for letting me now.

It was worth a try :|.