Those Mass Effect System Recommendations Were For 30fps

Guest Kloaked
12 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i thought Bioware cancelled this, but you can play a 10-hour trial of the game on march 16

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/origin-access/trials

sounds like a good bet if one wants to check if they can run the game (though if you weren't able to, you can still refund at release day) 

They cancelled the multiplayer beta.

RX 480 / GTX 1060 for 1080p high at 30 fps ???

What do the consoles run then 360p 1fph ?

Let's agree to disagree

12 hours ago, Sakkura said:

On paper, it should give you around 80 FPS at 720p low.

720p? Nooooo. I guess I will have to think hard about getting a 1080 and that Samsung C34F791.

13 hours ago, david cassar said:

The minimum requirements state a 660 or 7850 (which makes sense since they're pretty similar in performance). I'd be surprised if the 7750 would even run this game at 480p lmao.

Source says 7750, but maybe that's just a typo.

17 hours ago, techswede said:

As long as the writing is good

Yeah, about that...

Bioware hasn't written anything that could be described as 'decent' or 'passable' since Dragon Age: Origins. Which is a scary drop in quality, because up until that point, the writing was pretty much on point.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

2 hours ago, Urishima said:

Yeah, about that...

Bioware hasn't written anything that could be described as 'decent' or 'passable' since Dragon Age: Origins. Which is a scary drop in quality, because up until that point, the writing was pretty much on point.

I'll reserve judgment until i've actually played it. Inquisition had its moments. And mass effect 3 was good up until the ending. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 hours ago, Urishima said:

Yeah, about that...

You didn't care for Mass Effect 2?

2 minutes ago, Scionyde said:

You didn't care for Mass Effect 2?

I am ambivalent on ME 2.

30 minutes ago, techswede said:

And mass effect 3 was good up until the ending. 

No. No it really wasn't. Let me tell you when I finally realized that the series had completely jumped the shark: Rannoch

The whole 'fight reaper on foot with targeting-laser' was horseshit.

We've seen how fast reaper destroyers can move and redirect their fire when one shot 2 flying shuttles down at the start, and when that other one went ballerina on earth. There is no fucking way Shep should've survived that. Period.

Fuck that scene. Fuck it.

And from there it all unravels, both the shit before and after that scene. It's like a loose thread and once you start pulling on it, it all falls apart and reveals a gigantic, steaming, reaper-sized turd.

And regarding lore, they have been punching crater sized holes into the lore since ME2.

2 minutes ago, Urishima said:

No. No it really wasn't. Let me tell you when I finally realized that the series had completely jumped the shark: Rannoch

We've seen how fast reaper destroyers can move and redirect their fire when one shot 2 flying shuttles down at the start, and when that other one went ballerina on earth. There is no fucking way Shep should've survived that. Period.

And from there it all unravels, both the shit before and after that scene. It's like a loose thread and once you start pulling on it, it all falls apart and reveals a gigantic, steaming, reaper-sized turd.

And regarding lore, they have been punching crater sized holes into the lore since ME2.

Yeah yeah i hated that fight too. But overall i still enjoyed the majority of the game.

And the andromeda initiative sets off before the events of ME3. Which is hopefully the devs way of saying "Right. Lets have another go from scratch" 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

For me, ME2 was a masterpiece and what convinced me to buy into ME1 and ME3 and do a whole playthrough of the Mass Effect series, however, I use the JLS Happy Ending Mod for ME3 since the ending works as well as Kim Jong Un in a human rights meeting.  For me Shepard needs to have survived and have some closure to the whole series. 

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mehem-the-mass-effect-3-happy-ending-mod

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, techswede said:

And the andromeda initiative sets off before the events of ME3. Which is hopefully the devs way of saying "Right. Lets have another go from scratch" 

That alone makes no fucking sense. Why Andromeda? The overwhelming majority of the milky way still needs exploring, heck you still have dormant mass relays that you haven't made use of yet. What, the milky way not good enough for ya? You some sort of exploration hipster? Imagine the shit you could get done with that money if it was used in a intelligent way instead

Why take the Quarian with you? With their shitty immune system they are mostly a liability.

How the fuck did you convince any number of Krogan to come with you? What are they going to do once they are there? The Genophage is still a thing. Why take them with you if they cant even colonize due to the Genophage? As cannonfodder? It's not like they could've bought their way onto the project or in some other meaningful way contributed to it. Remember the only Krogan scientist we ever met? Yeah, not one to research terra-forming if it doesn't involve making big holes in the ground.

In the trailers, they keep referring to 'scans' they made of their destination beforehand. How the fuck? Unless you SOMEHOW managed to send a FTL com-bouy first, which you didn't, you are still relying on information traveling at the speed of light, meaning that ANY information that you had when you left the milky way was already outdated by over 2 million years.

Also, how did they take weapons with them to Andromeda that didn't even exit by the time they left the milky way? Like the reegar carbine?

The premise is broken, the established lore is merely a suggestion at this point, the story bits we have seen make no fucking sense whatsoever, and the whole thing is filled to the brim with contrivances.

12 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Yeah, it made no sense. I'm gonna run left and right, and this giant reaper with a gigantic laser beam can't hit me, because reasons. Complete bs. Also the fact that you fly around the entire galaxy building the stupid mass relay butt plug, while the entire earth is being destroyed by reapers. What? How can the reapers be so slow at destroying the earth, when they destroy all life in galaxies? Makes no sense. Hey earth is getting destroyed, and time is off the essence. Let's do this side mission of random person on citadel, and let's dance a little while we're at it. Fucking hell.

Of course the ending was the straw that made the camel explode into a cloud of blood and guts, when this deus ex machina ghost child appeared out of nowhere, trying to be the logic behind the reapers. Except it wasn't the least bit logical at all. In fact my playthrough disproved the primary reason for the reapers purpose to begin with.

There is no doubt in my mind, that ME3 was rushed to hell, to get it out like 2 years after ME2. And rushed it was. Kinda ugly, made no sense, endings didn't change based on your choices, etc.

I'm so torn about Andromeda.. It doesn't exactly make things better that EA is greedy AF. The ME3 DLC 4 years later, are still more expensive than a new AAA game, and ME:A is super expensive as well.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

19 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yeah yeah i hated that fight too. But overall i still enjoyed the majority of the game.

That's good but also illustrates why we have such a low standard to writing on games, even the ones where the story is central: if it was a book you'd call bullshit much faster, even movies cannot fully make up for a bad plot with action (I. E.  Many objectively hate Michael Bay) but in a game, the interactivity aspect allows one to suspend disbelief much better. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

23 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

30FPS is playable whether you want to admit it or not.

I feel like I'm constantly in the minority when I say I'd rather have a stable 30FPS than an unstable 45-67FPS. The drops in framerate are far more noticeable than the less-smooth motion.

Glad someone said it.  I even see people bitching here about how "60fps is unplayable".

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 minutes ago, Urishima said:

That alone makes no fucking sense. Why Andromeda? The overwhelming majority of the milky way still needs exploring, heck you still have dormant mass relays that you haven't made use of yet. What, the milky way not good enough for ya? You some sort of exploration hipster? Imagine the shit you could get done with that money if it was used in a intelligent way instead

Why take the Quarian with you? With their shitty immune system they are mostly a liability.

How the fuck did you convince any number of Krogan to come with you? What are they going to do once they are there? The Genophage is still a thing. Why take them with you if they cant even colonize due to the Genophage? As cannonfodder? It's not like they could've bought their way onto the project or in some other meaningful way contributed to it. Remember the only Krogan scientist we ever met? Yeah, not one to research terra-forming if it doesn't involve making big holes in the ground.

In the trailers, they keep referring to 'scans' they made of their destination beforehand. How the fuck? Unless you SOMEHOW managed to send a FTL com-bouy first, which you didn't, you are still relying on information traveling at the speed of light, meaning that ANY information that you had when you left the milky way was already outdated by over 2 million years.

Also, how did they take weapons with them to Andromeda that didn't even exit by the time they left the milky way? Like the reegar carbine?

The premise is broken, the established lore is merely a suggestion at this point, the story bits we have seen make no fucking sense whatsoever, and the whole thing is filled to the brim with contrivances.

While i agree with you on this i know why the devs did it. Sort of. They are trying to give the series a fresh start. 

The quarians are still not 100% confirmed. But if they did bring a few along i wouldn't mind it. They are touted as excellent engineers that can make do with very little.

Money maybe. But they did bring both male and female krogan along. And since the Genophage just adjust fertility rate they could still colonize a world.

Its 2185. With our current tech we can already take pictures of things at incredible distances in space. Its not entirely impossible that they have some kind of technology that can do it. 

They might've been in a prototype state already by the time they set off. 

I can't defend everything they've done. And i won't even try after this. I still want to play the game though. 

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

That's good but also illustrates why we have such a low standard to writing on games, even the ones where the story is central: if it was a book you'd call bullshit much faster, even movies cannot fully make up for a bad plot with action (I. E.  Many objectively hate Michael Bay) but in a game, the interactivity aspect allows one to suspend disbelief much better. 

I am an aspiring writer. And yeah the bar is set a bit lower with some games. But if we condemn a game before even playing it then whats the point of even trying?

I really hope they shaped up and got a good story going in this one. But i won't know that until i've played the game.

11 minutes ago, techswede said:

Its 2185. With our current tech we can already take pictures of things at incredible distances in space. Its not entirely impossible that they have some kind of technology that can do it. 

There is NO, I repeat, NO tech in the ME universe that would enable you to do that in this situation. Unless you set up the HARDWARE to transmit information at speeds above the speed of light, meaning FTL-communication equipment on BOTH ends, you are limited by information traveling at the speed of light. Always. The ME universe has been very realistic in that regard from the start. Information can NOT travel faster than the speed of light, unless FTL drives or Mass Relays are being used, both of which you need to have at the source in order for it to work.

But hey, it's not like the writers actually care about the lore anymore, so fuck it! We just write whatever is convenient.

Money maybe. But they did bring both male and female krogan along. And since the Genophage just adjust fertility rate they could still colonize a world.

They do not have that sort of money. They are too busy bashing either each others head in or other people's heads. They have nothing to give to the initiative.

And there is really no reason to believe that they are going to behave any differently once they are in Andromeda. Remember what Mordin said about different species reacting different to the same stimuli.

While i agree with you on this i know why the devs did it. Sort of. They are trying to give the series a fresh start.

Maybe they should've thought about that before writing themselves into a corner like that. It's lazy.

BTW, how come NO ONE has ever heard of the Andromeda Initiative before, in the previous games? No nod to it, no mention, nothing. Exactly, because they are hacks who realized that they fucked it up something fierce and they needed an ass pull to churn out another installment of the series, to get more money.

21 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You say that like it's something you can easily do.

Which is better:

1. Not optimizing a game and getting little sales.

2. Spending some time optimizing the game and getting more of the monies. 

1 minute ago, Urishima said:

There is NO, I repeat, NO tech in the ME universe that would enable you to do that in this situation. Unless you set up the HARDWARE to transmit information at speeds above the speed of light, you are limited by information traveling at the speed of light. Always. The ME universe has been very realistic in that regard from the start.

But hey, it's not like the writers actually care about the lore anymore, so fuck it! We just write whatever is convenient.

They do not have that sort of money. They are too busy bashing either each others head in or other people's heads. They have nothing to give to the initiative.

And there is really no reason to believe that they are going to behave any differently once they are in Andromeda. Remember what Mordin said about different species reacting different to the same stimuli.

Maybe they should've thought about that before writing themselves into a corner like that. It's lazy.

BTW, how come NO ONE has ever heard of the Andromeda Initiative before, in the previous games? No nod to it, no mention, nothing. Exactly, because they are hacks who realized that they fucked it up something fierce and they needed an ass pull to churn out another installment of the series, to get more money.

I'll just wait and see what they try to explain that with. 

I did not mean the krogan had the money. But the andromeda initiative might've hired a few Krogan as muscle. 

That one is easy to explain. The writers had not thought of it at that point. 

Either way your mind is made up. And so is mine. 

1 minute ago, techswede said:

That one is easy to explain. The writers had not thought of it at that point. 

That is exactly the point. The initiative is this huge project, you can't just spring that on people, claim that it happened at some point in between without there being any prior mention of it. You either plan that in from the start or you do not do it. It is inconsistent.

Just set it at a later point in time: there, that's that one problem solved.

17 minutes ago, Urishima said:

That is exactly the point. The initiative is this huge project, you can't just spring that on people, claim that it happened at some point in between without there being any prior mention of it. You either plan that in from the start or you do not do it. It is inconsistent.

Just set it at a later point in time: there, that's that one problem solved.

I don't think they planned on the ending falling so incredibly flat. So they decided to find some way of getting themselves out of the corner they painted themselves into.

Sure this isn't the best way to go about it. But in the end they put some distance between this game and the original trilogy.

So the game will have a rocky start from a storytelling standpoint. But as long as they find their footing and make the best of it then the game might be good.

But again. Won't know that until i've played the game. 

1 hour ago, Urishima said:

I think the Andromeda Initiative could have made sense if it was some sort of contingency plan prior to the Reapers' arrival, but it sounds like they aren't going down that route. Or maybe that will be some sort of reveal partway through the game since knowledge of the Reapers wasn't public. Regardless, we all know the real reason is that they want to start fresh without having to address ME3 endings/pick one as canon, and there aren't a whole lot of elegant ways to do that. But overall I do agree that this fundamental premise is the weakest aspect of Andromeda. 

Genophage doesn't make the krogan sterile, it's intended to stabilize their insane breeding capability. So as long as you met the criteria for minimum viable population, that's theoretically okay for them to colonize. No idea how many are on the Initiative, but it sounds like the entirety of the Nakmor clan makes up the krogan portion, however many that is. And even if they're not bringing enough of a species to meet minimum viable population (quarians, krogans, drell if there are any, etc.) that's not really a problem. They're simply joining to make a contribution to the Initiative with no intent of procreating. So what if in a generation there are no quarians left in Andromeda?

Regarding FTL scanning, the final briefing trailer mentions: "Eventually, the initiative obtained promising data from quarian explorers who claimed to have found a geth array on the fringes of the Perseus Veil. This array was supposedly built from three mass relays using sensors in the combined relay corridor as a form of FTL "telescope" to observe dark space beyond the galactic rim. Why the geth expended so much effort to study dark space is not known. Amongst these observations were near-contemporary surveys of Andromeda." Honestly, I think that's probably the best non-retcon explanation you could give for FTL scanning in the ME universe. It surprised the hell out of me when I read it because like you, I was assuming Bioware was choosing to forget what was admittedly a semi-obscure part of their canon.

Agreed on the Reegar Carbine, that's a tad sloppy.