Why did you choose an iPhone over an Android phone?

Maskot

No ranting please.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Well this should be interesting

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

i chose android because i didn't want to buy into the whole apple ecosystem

I've got a HTC One because I wanted to try Android after my iPhone 1 and 4 + iPad 3. I'm going back to iOS for my next phone. 

WP8 user over here. 

It's a great operating system and it's also beautiful but the lack of Google Apps kill it, 

I NEED TO CHECK MY GODDAMN GMAIL. 

In 2 years I might stick with WP8/ 9 maybe? 

We'll see. 

If I do switch it will be to Android, mainly because I can't stand how small iPhone screens are. 

I have played with iOS7 and I really like it. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I chose android because I enjoy customization, bigger batteries, better cameras, nicer colors, no iOS7, Google support, accessible batteries, storage expandability, reasonable prices, more features,  widgets....

Should I keep going?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I've sworn off Apple in all its forms. In addition to being overpriced and easy to break, Apple quality and innovation has really slumped off the last few years. Seems like each new generation touts features or design changes that we've already seen a dozen times over from several different manufacturers. Case in point, I had a friend who switched to an iPhone from Android for his last contract, hated it, and switched back to Android as soon as he was eligible to upgrade again. I asked him why, and he rattled off a list of reasons including a too-small screen, numerous software and hardware issues (including a total loss of his iTunes library at one point), and generally just hating his life every time he tried to do anything outside of playing Angry Birds.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

Android because bigger screen and more features that appealed to me. My 3rd gen iPod touch just wasn't cutting it, and the iPhones back then weren't my cup of tea.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I have an Android because I find most if not all iPhones/iPods too small for me. I love my Galaxy Note.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I use android because:

-widgets are awesome

-intents is awesome, just the fact that most apps can freely communicate with each other makes sharing information between them super easy (and sharing files in general)

-the play store is amazing, most apps are free and there are more apps than the apple app store

-tighter integration with the google apps

-gorilla glass. come on, i mean, iphones still just use tempered glass.

-micro SD

-Replaceable batteries

-bigger screens

-the dropdown and notification management is FAR superior.  being able to swipe away notifications is great.

-you can change default application for things like text messaging, browser, etc.

-different keyboards.  Swype is amazing.

this list is getting long.  I'll cut it here. Personally i think iOS7 looks SUPER effeminate.

Edit: words.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

I use android because:

-widgets are awesome

-intents is awesome, just the fact that most apps can freely communicate with each other makes sharing information between them super easy (and sharing files in general)

-the play store is amazing, most apps are free and there are more apps than the apple app store

-tighter integration with the google apps

-gorilla glass. come on, i mean, iphones still just use tempered glass.

-micro SD

-Replaceable batteries

-bigger screens

-the dropdown and notification management is FAR superior.  being able to swipe away notifications is great.

-you can change default application for things like text messaging, browser, etc.

-different keyboards.  Swype is amazing.

this list is getting long.  I'll cut it here. Personally i think iOS7 looks SUPER effeminate.

Edit: words.

Why need widgets when your apps load so fast?

Airdrop

App Store is bigger and better with more developers

Tighter integration with apple apps? How is this a feature?

When gorilla glass breaks, it's really fine and clouds the screen, when the iPhone's tempered glass breaks, it makes a few lines through the screen, it looks better when broken.

Cool.

Cool?

You've obviously never used IOS7...

Why change it when the default is perfect?

Why change it when the default is perfect?

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I use a Nexus 4. 

My one biggest gripe about using iOS mobile devices (pre iOS7) tied into one problem actually, the home button. I understand Apple is trying to be simplistic, but ONE button that does multiple functions is too much. I would often times hit the home button twice and BAM it would close the app I was in and take me back to the home screen when I wanted to kill an app. Then I would start trying to click two more times again and it would register as three clicks and turn the screen negative. I would set there for minutes just trying to get the app management bar open, and then I would accidentally have a slip of a finger (or sometimes i guess the screen just sucked at sensing the constant pressure of my finger) and it would open the app I wanted to close just sending me back into the endless cycle. Also with there being no back button, I would have to rely on the apps built in button or the websites, which would fail a lot because of the tiny screen, or just be too close to another on screen button and cause more actions I didn't want to happen. I guess this is why my favorite feature of my Nexus 4 (other than phenomenal battery life) is the separation and inclusion of a back, home and app management button.    

You need to add the option "Because i was an idiot." <- I am one of those. Locked in for one more year is killing me. I now hate my Iphone.

No ranting please.

Why need widgets when your apps load so fast? its a nice feature. its pleasant.

Airdrop  google drive

App Store is bigger and better with more developers no it isnt.  there is a huge barrier to entry which is holding it back.  both an entry fee and a fee to stay in the dev program. its free for the play store

Tighter integration with apple apps? How is this a feature?  gmail, youtube, google maps, google now, google docs, google drive, etc

When gorilla glass breaks, it's really fine and clouds the screen, when the iPhone's tempered glass breaks, it makes a few lines through the screen, it looks better when broken. ok, but gorilla glass is still more resistant to breaks and scratches.

Cool.

Cool?

You've obviously never used IOS7... I have, my sister uses and iphone 5 and my friend has an ipad.

Why change it when the default is perfect?    ok.....

I was  just giving reasons as to why I like android personally.  Not because its the be all and end all OS for everyone...

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

I have an android because I find it more open and customizable. I find I'm just more productive on an android, a lot because of the three buttons on the bottom of my galaxy nexus. 

4930k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB Corsair Vengance Pro 2133Mhz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black edition - 780Ti Classified SLI watercooled

Samsung EVO 1TB SDD - 2x 3TB Seagate barracuda - AX1200i - Corsair 900D

Corsair K70 brown - Razer Mamba - X-Star 2710 @ 120hz - Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250Ohm

You started it, so I defended it.

he didn't rant, or start anything. In the answer for andriod phone use it was stated to give a reason why and he did just that. If anything I'm the one who ranted

he didn't rant, or start anything. In the answer for andriod phone use it was stated to give a reason why and he did just that. If anything I'm the one who ranted

I think a fair bit of irony lies in the fact that your name is Steve Jobs.

Edit: words

I asked for them to explain why they got an android phone, not their opinions on why it's better, that is what the thread I made a few days ago was for.

I asked for them to explain why they got an android phone, not their opinions on why it's better, that is what the thread I made a few days ago was for.

I use Chose android because:

~snip

better?

Why the need to defend it in the first place? I'd read EYCE's reply as merely his impression/opinion.....not a statement of fact.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Then why you did you list a lot of reasons that made the iPhone "better" in the poll? You're contradicting yourself worse than the Bible.

because this is the iphone thread, go post in the android thread

Bigger screens, emulators, customisability, I love googles apps and the integration, I use Google+, its easy and intuitive for me and my BF likes Android too so Android it was.

The ability to change keyboards and default apps is nice. I find android easier to use compared to iOS.

I have large hands and iPhones cramp my hand and make my pinky fingers go numb because the screen is so small.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!