How can I install CS: GO on steam?

4klips

I have a very slow internet speed (512 kbps). So, its impossible for me to download CS: GO from steam. How can I play CS: GO in my computer on steam with my friends is there any other way ?

CSGO is not a very large game. Just start the download at night and it should be done by the next morning.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

2 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

CSGO is not a very large game. Just start the download at night and it should be done by the next morning.

Ok but is there any other way to install it.

2 minutes ago, 4klips said:

Ok but is there any other way to install it.

What do you mean? CS:GO is made by valve, the company behind steam, so it wont be available elsewhere. Regardless of where you install it from, it will be the same file size, and subsequently the same download time.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

I mean what if I buy CS: GO CD from amazon. Then how can I install it from CD on steam. Then it will not require internet for installing. I think.

3 minutes ago, 4klips said:

I mean what if I buy CS: GO CD from amazon. Then how can I install it from CD on steam. Then it will not require internet for installing.

the actual game files have changed loads since release. 

idk

Maybe you can have a friend back up there game into a usb and then you install it from it?

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

the actual game files have changed loads since release. 

I can't understand what you want to say please explain. Actually I am a steam noob.

1 minute ago, 4klips said:

I can't understand what you want to say please explain. Actually I am a steam noob.

the CDs or DVDs at retail are several versions behind the steam version, meaning you will be downloading quite a bit even if you get it on DVD. 

Just leave it overnight downloading. 

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

the CDs or DVDs at retail are several versions behind the steam version, meaning you will be downloading quite a bit even if you get it on DVD. 

Just leave it overnight downloading. 

Ok but how can I buy it from steam. Can you explain me the process of buying installing the game?

1 hour ago, 4klips said:

Ok but how can I buy it from steam. Can you explain me the process of buying installing the game?

Create account, go to Store -> Counter-Strike: Global Offense and press big green button saying something like Add to cart/Purchase (I use localized version). On top right corner of store page you see tab saying Shopping cart (1), click that. You will see list and under that is another green button saying Purchase to myself (again, using localized version so not accurate translation). Next you see payment options. Select one you want to use and click Continue. Depending on method chosen you will be guided to another page for authorization, then to confirmation page with another green button for Purchase. Remember to agree with Steam's ToS. After purchase is complete, you will see big grey button saying Install. Press that and you get prompted with dialog where you select folder and other settings for install. After that Steam will immedieldy start to download game.

You can use DVD too, just remember to select same folder with what Steam is using. That way when you activate game code (which will add game to library), installing it will check what files you already have. Since we don't know how long ago DVD was printed, there will be 1gb+ of updates to download anyway.

And last point. 0.5mb is pretty awful speed for multiplayer games. 1-2mb would be so much better. Prepare for high ping and lagging.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Create account, go to Store -> Counter-Strike: Global Offense and press big green button saying something like Add to cart/Purchase (I use localized version). On top right corner of store page you see tab saying Shopping cart (1), click that. You will see list and under that is another green button saying Purchase to myself (again, using localized version so not accurate translation). Next you see payment options. Select one you want to use and click Continue. Depending on method chosen you will be guided to another page for authorization, then to confirmation page with another green button for Purchase. Remember to agree with Steam's ToS. After purchase is complete, you will see big grey button saying Install. Press that and you get prompted with dialog where you select folder and other settings for install. After that Steam will immedieldy start to download game.

You can use DVD too, just remember to select same folder with what Steam is using. That way when you activate game code (which will add game to library), installing it will check what files you already have. Since we don't know how long ago DVD was printed, there will be 1gb+ of updates to download anyway.

And last point. 0.5mb is pretty awful speed for multiplayer games. 1-2mb would be so much better. Prepare for high ping and lagging.

Thanks for explaining.

I only have 2 questions:--

1) If I purchase it from debit card then international debit card is required? I have the debit card which works within India only?

2) Will they provide me CD key via. e-mail or they will send me a DVD along with the CD key at my home address?

36 minutes ago, 4klips said:

Thanks for explaining.

I only have 2 questions:--

1) If I purchase it from debit card then international debit card is required? I have the debit card which works within India only?

2) Will they provide me CD key via. e-mail or they will send me a DVD along with the CD key at my home address?

1) I'm not sure. Possibly yes.

2) When you buy in Steam, game is connected to your account. No key, no disc. Some games allow viewing CDKEY for external features. When you select to buy as gift, it doesn't show key either.

From like Amazon it depends whether its sold as digital or DVD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

1) I'm not sure. Possibly yes.

2) When you buy in Steam, game is connected to your account. No key, no disc. Some games allow viewing CDKEY for external features. When you select to buy as gift, it doesn't show key either.

From like Amazon it depends whether its sold as digital or DVD.

So how can I buy it, I can't purchase internationally?

1 hour ago, 4klips said:

So how can I buy it, I can't purchase internationally?

Steam gift cards are sold in stores. Now, I don't know how many places in India have those. But you can buy one like any prepaid thing. Then you redeem the gift card in Steam and use the money as you like.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

31 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Steam gift cards are sold in stores. Now, I don't know how many places in India have those. But you can buy one like any prepaid thing. Then you redeem the gift card in Steam and use the money as you like.

Thanks