Choosing A New PSU

Planning a fairly major upgrade to my PC and really can't decide on a PSU. I should point out that I already own the CPU/Mobo. (UK prices/bands btw)

Planned Part's List:

i5-4690k

Asus Z97-P

2 x 8GB DDR3

GTX 1070 (or AMD equivalent)

I've done some searching and based on Amazon.co.uk pricing (will be using some Amazon gift cards) I'm trying to decide between the following:

EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2 - £87.67

EVGA 750W GQ - £86.99

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G3 - £80.20

EVGA 650W GQ - £77.99

I've no huge preference for EVGA their PSUs just seem to be priced well on Amazon. My main question is would I ever really need 750W?
Any alternatives, tips, suggestions or general info are greatly appreciated! :)

Personally i'd go with the EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2 PSU, as the G3 is just a bit shorter and minor tweaks. The GQ series are "meh" and don't work with Cablemod cables.

3 minutes ago, charvey2000 said:

or do you already own it?

Apologies for the confusion! Yes I already own, should've thought of that! xD

2 minutes ago, charvey2000 said:

anything 500w+ would be completely fine for your specified specs

I was thinking 500W but to be honest I'm not too knowledgeable with PSUs so thanks very much!

5 minutes ago, MrAwesomepants said:

Personally i'd go with the EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2 PSU, as the G3 is just a bit shorter and minor tweaks. The GQ series are "meh" and don't work with Cablemod cables.

Thanks for the recommendation! I had read that the G3s were only marginally improved over the G2s :)

11 minutes ago, off wave surfer said:

Planning a fairly major upgrade to my PC and really can't decide on a PSU. I should point out that I already own the CPU/Mobo.

Planned Part's List:

i5-4690k

Asus Z97-P

2 x 8GB DDR3

I've done some searching and based on Amazon.co.uk pricing (will be using some Amazon gift cards) I'm trying to decide between the following:

EVGA 750W GQ - £86.99

EVGA 650W GQ - £77.99

I've no huge preference for EVGA their PSUs just seem to be priced well on Amazon. My main question is would I ever really need 750W?

Anything by Seasonic. You pay more but you get more, and when it comes to the one component that's supposed to power everything in your system, I personally don't mind dropping a few more bucks (euros? pounds?) to ensure a stable and quality PSU. Not that other brands can't give it to you, but Seasonic has proven to be quite the best all around. In my opinion anyway. Wattage wise 500W is a good choice.

24 minutes ago, off wave surfer said:

Planning a fairly major upgrade to my PC and really can't decide on a PSU. I should point out that I already own the CPU/Mobo. (UK prices/bands btw)

Planned Part's List:

i5-4690k

Asus Z97-P

2 x 8GB DDR3

EVGA 750W GQ - £86.99

EVGA 650W GQ - £77.99

Any of those PSUs would be fine. The G3 for 80 is a solid deal.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||