theres something wrong with my wifi router.

liquidmagma

sometimes the routers wifi just fucks up and i have to wait for a couple of minutes or turn the wifi off on the router and then on again and then i have wifi on pc and phones. shoud i switch the router with an older one and see if that helps?

try updating your firmware. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 hours ago, liquidmagma said:

sometimes the routers wifi just fucks up and i have to wait for a couple of minutes or turn the wifi off on the router and then on again and then i have wifi on pc and phones. shoud i switch the router with an older one and see if that helps?

My router used to drop 2.4 Ghz. It ended up being a bug in the firmware. Like @legacy99 said, a firmware update could fix it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

My router used to drop 2.4 Ghz. It ended up being a bug in the firmware. Like @legacy99 said, a firmware update could fix it. 

how do i do it?

1 minute ago, liquidmagma said:

how do i do it?

Download it from the router manufactures website and log in to the web interface and upload it. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Download it from the router manufactures website and log in to the web interface and upload it. 

can i put it in a flashdrive and plug it in my router?

46 minutes ago, liquidmagma said:

No. You need to do it thru a computer, a computer wired directly to the router. Dont do flashes over wireless. 

10 hours ago, liquidmagma said:

a lot of times the router GUI with have a section where it will automatically reach out to the website and download its firmware. See if you have that option. Mine actually tells me when I login if there is an update available for firmware.

f3722b787e2f07ba7c55ce166e771feb.png

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

8 hours ago, legacy99 said:

a lot of times the router GUI with have a section where it will automatically reach out to the website and download its firmware. See if you have that option. Mine actually tells me when I login if there is an update available for firmware.

f3722b787e2f07ba7c55ce166e771feb.png

well idk what the login information is cause we got the router from our brother. but it has a usb port so can i update it through the usb port of the router?

43 minutes ago, liquidmagma said:

well idk what the login information is cause we got the router from our brother. but it has a usb port so can i update it through the usb port of the router?

If you dont know what the login information is, then I would recommend you asking someone who does, like your brother. Otherwise, you can google a guide on your specific router on how to factory reset it and then re-set everything up including the login username/password to adminster the router. As far as the USB thing goes, I would expect you would still need to go get into the GUI of the router to be able to flash it. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Check the bottom of the router, some people like to keep the login information there and or kept the factory one.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

If you dont know what the login information is, then I would recommend you asking someone who does, like your brother. Otherwise, you can google a guide on your specific router on how to factory reset it and then re-set everything up including the login username/password to adminster the router. As far as the USB thing goes, I would expect you would still need to go get into the GUI of the router to be able to flash it. 

my brother doesnt know it.

3 minutes ago, liquidmagma said:

my brother doesnt know it.

Then you will need to do a factory reset on it and reset it up afterwards. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig