Thinking of joining the org

KAHJ

So I've been playing SC for a couple of months now, and I love the game, but can't convince any of my friends to get it, so I've been thinking of joining an org. I was drawn to this one in particular since I've been watching LTT videos for about four years now and remembered them plugging this org in some videos years ago, and I'm a college student with a part time job, so I can't be quite as committed as some of the other orgs require. I was wondering how active this org is, or how many people are usually in the discord? I saw that you guys meet every other week, but are there usually people around to just bomb around with in the verse?

1 hour ago, KAHJ said:

So I've been playing SC for a couple of months now, and I love the game, but can't convince any of my friends to get it, so I've been thinking of joining an org. I was drawn to this one in particular since I've been watching LTT videos for about four years now and remembered them plugging this org in some videos years ago, and I'm a college student with a part time job, so I can't be quite as committed as some of the other orgs require. I was wondering how active this org is, or how many people are usually in the discord? I saw that you guys meet every other week, but are there usually people around to just bomb around with in the verse?

Well compared to our actual org size of almost 3000 our discord server has a relatively low activity of just 183 registered users with only 111 being actual members but looking at the list of people online I can see about 75 right now. We actually saw a little bump in activity and new users thanks tho the recent 2.6.1 update which included Spectrum, but since that is just a cheaper rip off aof Discord without voice channels we're still using Discord heavily and encourage people to mova away from Spectrum for the time being.

you can usually find someone to play with and it doesn't even need to be Star Citizen. Going down the list I can see Space Engeneers, Overwatch, NFS '16, World of Tanks, World of Warships, Conan Exiles, Factario, LoL, CS:GO, ARK, Rainbow Six, E:D, Stellaris, For Honor and Warframe. This is just the list of what is currently played and displayed by the various users.

As for activity, most of us have full time jobs and are scattered around the globe, so it will always be hard to get everyone online at one time so we decided that saturday 9pm GMT was the best time that could happen, but there is always someone online and is probably up for a game, even if it is just to do some trolling (hint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFgV942kqKk)

all in all we're a very diverse group of people who actually manage to have fun together so you might fit in just right :P

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Cool, to be honest that's actually more than I was expecting. I realized that the thread I saw about weekly meetups is over a year old now. Do you guys still try to do those on saturdays in some form?

welll we just had one yesterday and I think in 2016 we managed to have 49. December was a bit slow and then Christmas eve and new years eve were on a saturday so we skipped those.

The meetups aren't as big as they were back when 2.0 launched but we usually get at least 4 people together. Somettimes we even have things going on with other orgs. On 4th february we were doing tactics training with 11th hour for example.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Okay, that sounds fine, I'm sure it'll pick up when we finally get 3.0. I decided that I'm going to join, so I guess I'll see you in the 'verse!