Looking for a mechanical keyboard.

Yesterday i used a keyboard on a friends computer and i liked it because it was a mechanical keyboard. But that keyboard had allot of extra's like Led's and stuff i dont need, i just want a mechanical keyboard with no backlight or only 1 color for a good price. Can any one recommend me some?

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Which mechanical switches does your friend have on that keyboard? There are many types and they feel different.

This.

Switch types matter, it's how the keyboard feels as well as the choices you have. 

Corsair Strafe has Red backlighting and red only on the base model, and SteelSeries Apex M500 has blue. 

Both very good keyboards. 

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

This.

Switch types matter, it's how the keyboard feels as well as the choices you have. 

Corsair Strafe has Red backlighting and red only on the base model, and SteelSeries Apex M500 has blue. 

thx, i wil ask him what kind of switches he has (he probably bought the keyboard for the lights) i am a beginning programmer also so i hope these keyboard are good. In school i use my macbook but i find myself typing a bit faster with a mechanical keyboard.

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

If his keyboard was making a clicking sound when they keys are pushed down halfway, it probably had MX (or Kailh) Blue switches.

Else, its probably brown switches. As a programmer you want tactile switches, so MX brown or blue.

Or Razer Greens (?) 

When people mention 'flashy overpriced keyboards' they come to mind..

idk

17 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Or Razer Greens (?) 

When people mention 'flashy overpriced keyboards' they come to mind..

No he orderd a razor first but it never arrived so he bought something else.

18 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

If his keyboard was making a clicking sound when they keys are pushed down halfway, it probably had MX (or Kailh) Blue switches.

Else, its probably brown switches. As a programmer you want tactile switches, so MX brown or blue.

Yes it made a clicking sound with the keys pushed in halfway

G610 from logitech seems pretty good.

It also have white LED backlit and Chery MX switches. I think you can decide which one you want to buy.

And it should be around 100$ price range.

I bought G810 just because it has RGB xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

G610 from logitech seems pretty good.

It also have white LED backlit and Chery MX switches. I think you can decide which one you want to buy.

And it should be around 100$ price range.

I bought G810 just because it has RGB xD 

Thx, yeah i dont really care about the lights. currently on my gaming pc i have a 40 euro octane mouse/keyboard set with 7 colors and i only use 1 so i really dont need much.

G610 would be my suggestion too, use it myself and its a good and kinda simple keyboard

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

2 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

G610 would be my suggestion too, use it myself and its a good and kinda simple keyboard

Thx definitly gonna look into the g610 

4 hours ago, Droidbot said:

This.

I have the Apex M500 it orginally has mx red switches with a blue backlight only. I would suggest it it is very easy to switch the caps if you want and works great for if you want mx red

4 hours ago, emtproject said:

I have the Apex M500 it orginally has mx red switches with a blue backlight only. I would suggest it it is very easy to switch the caps if you want and works great for if you want mx red

They've introduced an MX Blue option now as well.

idk

What's your budget? And do you prefer loud or quiet switches? Do you need an extra numpad? There's lots of variations.