Another part of twitters dignity rots away

Prysin
3 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Nobody really had such a negative reaction to any other President afaik and Trump is not even that bad compared to say Bush...

Oh, you are so wrong.  I can't say more.

4 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Nobody really had such a negative reaction to any other President afaik and Trump is not even that bad compared to say Bush...

Social media didn't really happen until Obama's presidency so it's hard to compare to other Presidents before.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

4 minutes ago, SSL said:

1. The point is that people do not only or necessarily behave "worse" when they are anonymous. As you said, if something is the norm, there is no need to hide ones' identity when engaging in it. In other words, the internet is far from the nadir of human depravity. And therefore, it is foolish to blow it off as mere bullshit.
  2. Try to understand why they might have taken it seriously. How does one decide if anyone is right? Do you believe you hold all the answers already on this subject?
  3. I never said it was bad, either. As for the consequences, they are ongoing. The socio-political consequences will undoubtedly persist for decades to come. I think we need not withhold judgement until then, though.

Some untruths are of greater magnitude and impact.

1) Oh but they do! You're telling me if you could be invisible you would not do things that are objectionable/outright illegal if you knew you could get away with it? Oh please.

2) Did I ever say who is right or not? I just said that the fact that some people do something is not a valid point to a discussion.

3) Absolutely not! Of course as I said at another post, critisism is crucial but only if it is based in reality and facts.

I agree that not all untruths are equal. 

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

9 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I was never aware that Twitter had dignity ...

Shotsfired. 

IDK, I have never really used the Twitter.  :$

5 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Oh, you are so wrong.  I can't say more.

Wow such articulated reply 10/10. Haven't heard such argument since kindergarden...

6 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Social media didn't really happen until Obama's presidency so it's hard to compare to other Presidents before.

That's actually true, I agree.

5 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Wow such articulated reply 10/10. Haven't heard such argument since kindergarden...

-removed by me-

Getting too political.

Hey FakezZ, are 25 people out of 60, out of a total of 100 still a silent majority?

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

As far as lying and saying extremely stupid things, Trump is already in the lead.

So just because he said some stupid things he's a worse President? Bush said very stupid shit as well... Anyway, I am not defending Trump, it's just that there's sooo much unjustified hate towards him that makes me cringe.

8 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Shotsfired. 

IDK, I have never really used the Twitter.  :$

Never used it either, have no use for it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Never used it either, have no use for it.

I only have one for giveaways though I do follow the different tech outlets because of banter.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I only have one for giveaways though I do follow the different tech outlets because of banter.

I have two accounts ( I think, maybe three) for that purpose.  I never visit them though.  It's been well over a year since I logged in.

15 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

1) Oh but they do! You're telling me if you could be invisible you would not do things that are objectionable/outright illegal if you knew you could get away with it? Oh please.

2) Did I ever say who is right or not? I just said that the fact that some people do something is not a valid point to a discussion.

3) Absolutely not! Of course as I said at another post, critisism is crucial but only if it is based in reality and facts.

I agree that not all untruths are equal. 

1. I'll state it differently: Your argument is that the internet should not be taken seriously because people behave worse when they are acting anonymously. I am arguing that this does not necessarily mean that people behave (or contemplate behavior) online worse than might ever happen in "reality". Even if it does, opinions and ideologies formed or expressed online are not limited to a person's online presence. For example, I'm not a secret sex pervert ONLY online, heh heh.
  2. I agree. So I'm not sure what relevance the fact that you thought you can tell it WASN'T serious has.
  3. In case you hadn't heard, facts are a fungible commodity.

8 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

So just because he said some stupid things he's a worse President? Bush said very stupid shit as well... Anyway, I am not defending Trump, it's just that there's sooo much unjustified hate towards him that makes me cringe.

Claiming that millions of "illegals" voted, or that millions voted illegally, is beyond stupid; it's harmful. It calls the foundation of our democracy into question and legitimizes the notion that reality and facts do not matter. It's also petty, because Trump won the election fair and square.

3 minutes ago, SSL said:
  1. I'll state it differently: Your argument is that the internet should not be taken seriously because people behave worse when they are acting anonymously. I am arguing that this does not necessarily mean that people behave (or contemplate behavior) online worse than might ever happen in "reality". Even if it does, opinions and ideologies formed or expressed online are not limited to a person's online presence. For example, I'm not a secret sex pervert ONLY online, heh heh.
  2. I agree. So I'm not sure what relevance the fact that you thought you can tell it WASN'T serious has.

Claiming that millions of "illegals" voted, or that millions voted illegally, is beyond stupid; it's harmful. It calls the foundation of our democracy into question and legitimizes the notion that reality and facts do not matter. It's also petty, because Trump won the election fair and square.

I am nearly identical "IRL" as I am online... I know, it is scary.  ;)

10 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hey FakezZ, are 25 people out of 60, out of a total of 100 still a silent majority?

HAHAHAHAHAHA you still remember this arguement I had? It is silent because back then even suggesting that you might support trump would get you treated very badly. It was the "majority" as far as the American election system is concerned, since it got Trump elected. Enough talking about meaningless definitions I'd say...

2 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA you still remember this arguement I had? It is silent because back then even suggesting that you might support trump would get you treated very badly. It was the "majority" as far as the American election system is concerned, since it got Trump elected. Enough talking about meaningless definitions I'd say...

:)

23 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Don't forget we're supposed to have interment camps for Mexicans and Muslims and gays. 9_9

5 minutes ago, SSL said:
  2. I agree. So I'm not sure what relevance the fact that you can tell it WASN'T serious has.

1) Can you not quote me on things I never said? I never made the argument the Internet should not be taken seriously. I said that like 80% of the Internet is pure bullshit. (again just a statistic I got out of my ass but I would not be surprised if I were right or maybe it is even more) You really need to work on your reading comprehension unless this was deliberate.

2) I said that many people (including a silent majority on this forum @stconquest :P) can't take a joke. A lot of things that Prysin says are obviously humourous, so I just commented on the fact that many fail to understand that and get offended. Unlike you I never used it as a point in this argument. I said that if even I with so little experience can tell a joke, I fail to see how so many people cannot, which I think is a fair argument to make.

3) I don't know how you mean that, but a fact is a fact. It doesn't matter what you or I may think. It is either true or not. 

I disagree. He might have made a stupid statement. However, seeing so many people rioting, considering assasinating him and not accepting a result of democratic elections is what shook the foundations of democracy. Actions like that are beyond stupid and dangerous, not some false statements.

This is why we can't have stuff like this, it just goes off the deep end. As mentioned before but I will reiterate:

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as NVIDIA vs AMD, political or religious debate.

-Locked-