Another part of twitters dignity rots away

Prysin
2 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

First of all, this is the internet so there are very few things one should take seriously.
Second of all, I have been on this planet for very little time and I can successfully detect when someone is being serious or not like 80-90% of the time, so it can't be that hard.

Third of all, the world needs assholes. They are usually the only ones who speak the truth no matter how bad it might be.

1. Why? The internet is still real people.
  2. So in this thread, which parts aren't serious, and to what end?
  3. Like Trump :)

30 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I think this rise of nationalism globally will cause WW3 first.

Well, being quite left mostly in terms of ideology myself, I just want to say that the cause for all this mess is not nationalism... Rather this is the result. The result of far left fucking idiots that suddenly think that putting the racist, misogynist, bigot, white-supremacist, neo-nazi or whatever else they can think of tag on people they disagree with is somehow right. Or that silencing people that have different and hell maybe even extreme points of view is beneficial. I can see it happening in my country. A far right party has 7+% of the vote... Why? Because nobody lets them speak out and then let the intelligent people publicly ridicule their ideas. So somebody researching them can pretty much only find their propaganda or some stupid article about how they are the devil and the 4th Reich or some shit.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

10 minutes ago, SSL said:
  1. Why? The internet is still real people.
  2. So in this thread, which parts aren't serious, and to what end?
  3. Like Trump :)

1) Seriosuly now? Real people behind keyboards and some perceived anonymity. Anonymity is what reveals the true beast inside some people. I can guarantee that like 80% of the Internet is pure bullshit just because it isn't in person.

2) Do you really expect me to go through every post and tell you which is humorous and which is not? My time is worth a lot more than this.

3) Believe it or not, while I disagree with him on many topics, I think that he is just the person America needed...

14 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

But you just said not to take him seriously?

Where exactly did I say that? I said "not take everything seriously". I find putting words in my mouth kinda rude but I forgive you cause I like anime too ^^

4 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Where exactly did I say that? I said "not take everything seriously". I find putting words in my mouth kinda rude but I forgive you cause I like anime too ^^

When you say someone is just trying to be humorous which you know not to take seriously, it implies that he shouldn't be taken seriously because he is trying to be humorous. Not putting words in your mouth, just what I interpreted it as.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

When you say someone is just trying to be humorous which you know not to take seriously, it implies that he shouldn't be taken seriously because he is trying to be humorous. Not putting words in your mouth, just what I interpreted it as.

It depends on how you intrepret "not taken seriously". I meant it more like "don't take offense" rather than "what he says is garbage". Also just because he is not serious in one post that does not mean that he is alwayse joking... Someone who works as a clown is not a clown all the time lol

1 minute ago, FakezZ said:

It depends on how you intrepret "not taken seriously". I meant it more like "don't take offense" rather than "what he says is garbage". Also just because he is not serious in one post that does not mean that he is alwayse joking... Someone who works as a clown is not a clown all the time lol

Very true. I do find him to be rather trollish a lot of the time though.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

9 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

1) Seriosuly now? Real people behind keyboards and some perceived anonymity. Anonymity is what reveals the true beast inside some people. I can guarantee that like 80% of the Internet is pure bullshit just because it isn't in person.

2) Do you really expect me to go through every post and tell you which is humorous and which is not? My time is worth a lot more than this.

3) Believe it or not, while I disagree with him on many topics, I think that he is just the person America needed...

1. And why shouldn't I take the "true beast" inside of people seriously? If it's the TRUE beast, that sounds all the more serious. Additionally; people being worse on the internet because they are anonymous is a meme. See: https://blog.coralproject.net/the-real-name-fallacy/
  2. Yes, actually I do, since you rolled in an claimed that certain posts were not serious. Back up the assertion. If you want to make it easy, start with the OP.
  3. Not at all. He's the president America deserves.

Very true. I do find him to be rather trollish a lot of the time though.

Sure I find him trollish too, but I personally like it. I always like to find what is hiddent behind the humour and offensive views. But that does not mean everybody has to feel the same :P 

18 minutes ago, SSL said:
  1. And why shouldn't I take the "true beast" inside of people seriously? If it's the TRUE beast, that sounds all the more serious. Additionally; people being worse on the internet because they are anonymous is a meme. See: https://blog.coralproject.net/the-real-name-fallacy/
  2. Yes, actually I do, since you rolled in an claimed that certain posts were not serious. Back up the assertion. If you want to make it easy, start with the OP.
  3. Not at all. He's the president America deserves.

1) Oh come ooooon you make me laugh. Everybody is still an animal inside based on instinct. Just because we became civilized and have rules does not change our nature, at least not so fast. So the fact that most people (pretty much everyone) that destroy stuff and beat people in riots wear masks is to be ignored? Or that people on Facebook make a fake account just to troll and don't use their real one is just a concidence? Pfff no a website that says otherwise is better than empirical evidence.

2) You have to be delusional then. You actually made me laugh quite a bit. I have no reason to waste my time doing this to prove something to a complete stranger on the Internet.

3) You make it sound like he is bad. I like to wait and judge on the result rather than fear monger and be prejudiced.

10 hours ago, Prysin said:

it's where all the SJWs converge and cry when they realize nobody on tinder wants fat, smelly, repulsive maniacs.

I'm like... Pretty sure Twitter is mostly where corporate brands and celebrities post to sell their products, while potential consumers either yet at those corporate brands and celebrities or yell at other potential consumers who are yelling at the corporate brands and celebrities...

1) Oh come ooooon you make me laugh. Everybody is still an animal inside based on instinct. Just because we because civilized and have rules does not change our nature, at least not so fast. So the fact that most people (pretty much everyone) that destroy stuff and beat people in riots wear masks is to be ignored? Or that people on Facebook make a fake account just to troll and don't use their real one is just a concidence? Pfff no a website that says otherwise is better than empirical evidence.

2) You have to be delusional then. You actually made me laugh quite a bit. I have no reason to waste my time doing this to prove something to a complete stranger on the Internet.

3) You make it sound like he is bad. I like to wait and judge on the result rather than fear monger and be prejudiced.

1. Did the Nazis wear masks? Yeah, I went there. How about slave owners in the antebellum south? What I'm getting at is that culture and ideology on the internet works both ways relative to "real life". Even if it is 80% bullshit, the internet is a big place. There's still 20% that is worth scrutinizing.
  2. It looks to me like some people did take it "seriously", so maybe it isn't as cut and dried as you claim?
  3. Do not put words in my mouth. I distinctly avoided judging any specific action taken by the President; I merely stated that what he's done so far is what America deserves. I do mean that e.g. I'm being "serious".

5 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

I don't care for all the fear mongering and "protests" as I see them as pretty cringey but I don't care for Trump that much. Him and his administration have made several blatantly false statements, has some serious conflicts of interest, and most of his orders so far feel like they weren't fully planned out.

It's like his statement on Flynn, "The leaks are real, the news is false." Like how can the news be false if they are articles about the very real leaks.

53 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I'm pretty sure most people aren't aware that >50% of what @Memories4K says is satire.

Most people here can't detect sarcasm very well. I've posted here for a few years now; there are many people here who should know by now that I will act facetious but they still think I'm being 100% honest.

Like that one where I said AMD was the best video card vendor. Totally facetious because that's not true at all because they suck.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Most people here can't detect sarcasm very well. I've posted here for a few years now; there are many people here who should know by now that I will act facetious but they still think I'm being 100% honest.

Like that one where I said AMD was the best video card vendor. Totally facetious because that's not true at all because they suck.

Gotta be facetious about being facetious about being facetious. Only then will you become the toppest of keks.

14 minutes ago, SSL said:
  1. Did the Nazis wear masks? Yeah, I went there. How about slave owners in the antebellum south? What I'm getting at is that culture and ideology on the internet works both ways relative to "real life". Even if it is 80% bullshit, the internet is a big place. There's still 20% that is worth scrutinizing.
  2. It looks to me like some people did take it "seriously", so maybe it isn't as cut and dried as you claim?
  3. Do not put words in my mouth. I distinctly avoided judging any specific action taken by the President; I merely stated that what he's done so far is what America deserves. I do mean that e.g. I'm being "serious".

1) The nazis did nothing illegal actually... They were elected by the German people at the time... Also having slaves then was pretty much the norm so why hide their identity? I have to admit that history is not my strong suit so you can feel free to correct me wherever I am wrong.

2) So? Just because some people took it seriously does it mean that they are right? Maybe it is not as cut and dried as I claim to some people but their incapability of understanding when someone is joking is none of my concern.

3) It is not all bad. We still haven't seen the full consequences of his decisions. 

Gotta be facetious about being facetious about being facetious. Only then will you become the toppest of keks.

Keks? Isn't that a white supremacist deity?

8 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I don't care for all the fear mongering and "protests" as I see them as pretty cringey but I don't care for Trump that much. Him and his administration have made several blatantly false statements, has some serious conflicts of interest, and most of his orders so far feel like they weren't fully planned out.

It's like his statement on Flynn, "The leaks are real, the news is false." Like how can the news be false if they are articles about the very real leaks.

He does act like an idiot and a lot of critisism against him is justified. But many websites along with sjw and the left have made very false statements. Also I'd rather judge on the result. For better or for worse he has 4 years to prove worthy of another 4 or not. For comparison many moves in chess can be seen as very very stupid at first, but then lead to an amazing checkmate some turns later... Or they can be disastrous and actually stupid. We'll see...

He does act like an idiot and a lot of critisism against him is justified. But many websites along with sjw and the left have made very false statements.

That doesn't justify the President making false statements.

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

That doesn't justify the President making false statements.

Like Obama never made false statements. I said that the criticism is justified, but nobody is perfect.

"Trolls" often use the cover of sarcasm and satire to covet their desire to be part of a questionable social/political ideology. 

I am waiting for the far right, to take out the far left so we can deal with the bigger problem... I can dream.

How is this thread still alive?  I have posted now, so it will be locked soon... get your comments in fast.  :D

12 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Like Obama never made false statements. I said that the criticism is justified, but nobody is perfect.

Obama isn't President anymore. It still doesn't justify him doing it. Just because someone else does something doesn't mean you should do it yourself.

I was never aware that Twitter had dignity ...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

36 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

1) The nazis did nothing illegal actually... They were elected by the German people at the time... Also having slaves then was pretty much the norm so why hide their identity? I have to admit that history is not my strong suit so you can feel free to correct me wherever I am wrong.

2) So? Just because some people took it seriously does it mean that they are right? Maybe it is not as cut and dried as I claim to some people but their incapability of understanding when someone is joking is none of my concern.

3) It is not all bad. We still haven't seen the full consequences of his decisions. 

1. The point is that people do not only or necessarily behave "worse" when they are anonymous. As you said, if something is the norm, there is no need to hide ones' identity when engaging in it. In other words, the internet is far from the nadir of human depravity. And therefore, it is foolish to blow it off as mere bullshit.
  2. Try to understand why they might have taken it seriously. How does one decide if anyone is right? Do you believe you hold all the answers already on this subject?
  3. I never said it was bad, either. As for the consequences, they are ongoing. The socio-political consequences will undoubtedly persist for decades to come. I think we need not withhold judgement until then, though.

34 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Some untruths are of greater magnitude and impact.

28 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Obama isn't President anymore. It still doesn't justify him doing it. Just because someone else does something doesn't mean you should do it yourself.

Nobody really had such a negative reaction to any other President afaik and Trump is not even that bad compared to say Bush...