i7 7700K @7+ GHz on He(l)

Sorry if already posted. Like most, I have been waiting for an i7 7700K at 7 GHz, I don't have to wait any longer.

It would be nicer if Intel released a 7770k because we need more sevens though.

At the latest such event German overclocker 'der8auer' pushed an Intel Core i7-7700K CPU to 7.2GHz.

The multiplier was 72, but the BCLK was 101.78, making it 7328 MHz. 

Interestingly, and rather unusually, the best OC was achieved by der8auer with all four cores operating and Hyper-Threading turned on.

Personally I think this is an irresponsible waste of helium.

Source:

http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/102286-intel-core-i7-7700k-overclocked-72ghz-using-liquid-helium/

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Like most, I have been waiting for an i7 7700K at 7 GHz, I don't have to wait any longer.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

@RKRiley Well, I guess I shouldn't have been waiting for something that happened over a month ago. Cheers.

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Daily usable oc or gtfo

It would only cost around $400K per day to keep it running, you can't run any programs or it would crash, and you would be single-handedly responsible for depleting the helium reserves rendering critical medical equipment inoperable. Trying would only result in a guaranteed "biggest douche in the universe" award.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

That was a different method. OP's posted attempt included all four cores and used helium instead of nitrogen

Reference to this OC was made in the last few replies (by @xAcid9) in that thread. I guess it just took a while before the youtube video was made, and for Hexus to pick it up.

i mean its not like we're wasting lithium either, which also is vital to for example in actual medicine and medical devices. at this rate we're probably going to have extracted most of it by 2160ish while lithium battery production will degrade in 2080 and reaches the point where we are now in about 2200, but with a lot more people roaming around. while in contrast helium wont be depleted, just harder to find. mineral reserves and mineral resources have nothing to do with the actual amount available. its not a technical term, its an economic term. but correct me if im wrong.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/06/18/were-really-not-about-to-run-out-of-helium-no-please-stop-it-were-not/#3ce280c51cf0

Only board that can do LHe for now, is the apex.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

They only sustain the clock for like a few minutes tho, right?

and that is interesting, with all four cores and HT enabled

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

what is the highest OC which is stable under load for a few minutes? Would be interesting benchmarks...