I need a new game to play

saladcrack

So I got payed and I want to pick up another game but I have little to no idea what's good (obviously I can read reviews and I have but they don't really convince me).  So I am looking at Conan Exiles that just came out on Steam for early access but I don't really need another survival game but I will get it if it's THAT good.  I'm also eyeing up Resident Evil 7 but I've never played those games before and aren't a huge fan of horror games. For Honor looks cool and I played a little bit of the beta but I wasn't super impressed. So any suggestions would be great except I already have Skyrim, The Witcher 3, GTA V, Arma 3, Elite: Dangerous, H1Z1 and stuff like that so none of those please but some stuff like it or just something you think I should try out. Thanks!

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

1 minute ago, mok said:

Overwatch

I've played it on my friends PS4 and I wasn't a huge fan.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Skyrim is awesome get some mods and you are set  

I've put plenty of time into Skyrim for the 360 and PC including plenty of mods, I'm tired of it now.

1 minute ago, razor767 said:

What kind of games do you like?

Well...a little bit of everything basically.  I've put 240+ hours into Arma 3 which is a a combat sim but I've also put 200+ hours into Total War: Attila which is a strategy game (I have Warhammer but I don't like it).  220+ hours of GTA V because that stuff never gets old and almost 340 hours into Elite: Dangerous which is a space exploration kind of game.  I like Dishonored 1 and 2; I also really like Dirt Rally and F1 2016.  And I'm probably one of the very few who actually kind of enjoyed No Man's Sky for a little bit (only 17 hours though).  So I'm all over the darn place.

If you want to try something different, maybe look into some puzzle games. I personal found them to be very enjoyable, probably because most of them don't follow a traditional storyline but rather use other types of narration. Obviously the portal series is a great place to start if you haven't played it before. Other great ones IMO are the talos principle, the turing test or the witness.

18 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

I've played it on my friends PS4 and I wasn't a huge fan.

then play it on PC...

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 minute ago, mok said:

then play it on PC...

Why would I play a game I didn't like on PC?  I'm not going to waste my money on a game I know I don't like...

5 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

Well...a little bit of everything basically.  I've put 240+ hours into Arma 3 which is a a combat sim but I've also put 200+ hours into Total War: Attila which is a strategy game (I have Warhammer but I don't like it).  220+ hours of GTA V because that stuff never gets old and almost 340 hours into Elite: Dangerous which is a space exploration kind of game.  I like Dishonored 1 and 2; I also really like Dirt Rally and F1 2016.  And I'm probably one of the very few who actually kind of enjoyed No Man's Sky for a little bit (only 17 hours though).  So I'm all over the darn place.

Assetto Corsa

Civ 5 Complete Edition (haven't played Civ 6 so can't comment on it)

Rainbow Six: Siege

Rocket League

1 minute ago, razor767 said:

Assetto Corsa

Civ 5 Complete Edition (haven't played Civ 6 so can't comment on it)

Rainbow Six: Siege

Rocket League

I've heard of Assetto Corsa and I've looked into Civ games so I'll try those out thanks.  I already have Siege and Rocket League though.

just post your entire steam/origin/uplay/etc catalog here then, so we know what you have and dont have

Photography / Finance / Gaming

2 minutes ago, mok said:

just post your entire steam/origin/uplay/etc catalog here then, so we know what you have and dont have

That's well over 200 games so...I guess screenshots? 

4 minutes ago, mok said:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075867286/ here is my Steam profile so you can go through most of my games.

1 minute ago, DaMainMan said:

Prison Architect. Poof - 3 hours gone.

Same goes for Kerbal Space Program.

I've played 18 hours of Prison Architect and 36 hours of KSP.

1 minute ago, Gamessys said:

hmm maybe Cities Skyline?

Civilizations?

Although I love FPS games, strategy gets me addicted to most.

1 minute ago, DaMainMan said:

hmm maybe Cities Skyline?

Civilizations?

Although I love FPS games, strategy gets me addicted to most.

96 hours of Cities: Skylines. Haven't played any Civ games, I'll look into it but I like the more Total War take on strategy games not like odd octagon area expansion stuff and tiny fake battles.

14 hours ago, Gamessys said:

96 hours of Cities: Skylines. Haven't played any Civ games, I'll look into it but I like the more Total War take on strategy games not like odd octagon area expansion stuff and tiny fake battles.

Have the tried "The Forest"? - very fun if you are into that sort of thing. I recently also acquired CoD. Infinite Warfare pretty cheap -> alot more fun in SP/MP than I expected.

17 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Have you tried Rimworld? It's a tense and complex management game that is soaking up an embarrassing amount of my life recently.

I'm normally allergic to recommending Early Access games, but I am doing so in this case based on my belief that it is already worth the price in its current state if you like this kind of game.

5 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

Have the tried "The Forest"? - very fun if you are into that sort of thing. I recently also acquired CoD. Infinite Warfare pretty cheap -> alot more fun in SP/MP than I expected.

Yeah I've played it on my friends PC enough to know that I won't want to play it for more than a couple hours. And I do have Infinite Warfare and the Remastered version that came with it, I loved SP but as much as I tried I couldn't get into the MP it's a huge cluster f***k.

3 hours ago, typographie said:

Have you tried Rimworld? It's a tense and complex management game that is soaking up an embarrassing amount of my life recently.

I'm normally allergic to recommending Early Access games, but I am doing so in this case based on my belief that it is already worth the price in its current state if you like this kind of game.

I'll look into it, thanks!

2 hours ago, be_x said:

league of legends

Yeahhh no.