face palm

SCHISCHKA

just got a response that i gave a thumbs up to. I unfortunately do agree with this post. My physical response to this was not a thumbs up, my physical response was a red palm shape on my forehead

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 14.34.03.png

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

What is the point of this thread? This is something you could have just posted on your wall

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Unless you're trying to say there should be a way to undo giving someone a thumbs up. If that's the case, I agree.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

1 minute ago, Railgun said:

What is the point of this thread? This is something you could have just posted on your wall

feature suggestion.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 14.27.15.png

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Unless you're trying to say there should be a way to undo giving someone a thumbs up. In that case, I agree.

one more button of a face palm emoji

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

one more button of a face palm emoji

That would fall under the same category as a 'thumbs down' button which doesn't not exist for quite a few reasons

That would fall under the same category as a 'thumbs down' button which doesn't not exist for quite a few reasons

but its not a thumbs down because i agree with the poster. I'm describing a physical reaction to the content of their post

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

but its not a thumbs down because i agree with the poster. I'm describing a physical reaction to the content of their post

...So you agree with them yet you want to face palm at them?

2 minutes ago, Railgun said:

...So you agree with them yet you want to face palm at them?

yea kinda. we are on the same level and the poster has added to my post with something the reinforces my experience. we agree but i find the thumbs up does not reflect the self inflicted palm shape on my forehead

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

yea kinda. we are on the same level and the poster has added to my post with something the reinforces my experience. we agree but i find the thumbs up does not reflect the self inflicted palm shape on my forehead

A face palm is a negative response. It means you DISagree with the point given and you think it was really stupid.

15 minutes ago, Railgun said:

A face palm is a negative response. It means you DISagree with the point given and you think it was really stupid.

thats why i mention emoji. it is hard to reflect human emotions. if i thought something was stupid i will not respond or call it out with something rational. A rebuttal of "stupid" is not a valid response. Any personal attack in a debate is disqualified

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

thats why i mention emoji. it is hard to reflect human emotions. if i thought something was stupid i will not respond or call it out with something rational. A rebuttal of "stupid" is not a valid response. Any personal attack in a debate is disqualified

Let me rephrase what I said:

You cannot mix a compliment with a facepalm. A compliment means you did good. A facepalm means you did bad. Imagine someone coming up to you and saying "hello stupid genius." Doesn't really work that way, lol

3 minutes ago, Railgun said:

Let me rephrase what I said:

You cannot mix a compliment with a facepalm. A compliment means you did good. A facepalm means you did bad. Imagine someone coming up to you and saying "hello stupid genius." Doesn't really work that way, lol

i think i can mix a complement with a face palm. that might not be the general consensus. the poster did do good but the quote created an emotional response which was a red forehead, not a thumbs up. face palm to me means disappointment with society not necessarily the poster

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

10 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i think i can mix a complement with a face palm. that might not be the general consensus. the poster did do good but the quote created an emotional response which was a red forehead, not a thumbs up. face palm to me means disappointment with society not necessarily the poster

Then you need to separate the two factors. Say something like "hey man good job on everything except for this bit here. This part was kinda dumb but the rest is pretty neat"

Well, you can only have one rep action per post. So which one would you prefer, Agree or Facepalm? If latter, then it's clearly in negative sense.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

feature suggestion.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 14.27.15.png

1 hour ago, Railgun said:

Unless you're trying to say there should be a way to undo giving someone a thumbs up. If that's the case, I agree.

you can remove rep by clicking "list" shown in the bottom left of a post on the given rep and then clicking the X near your name.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Thank you for your feedback. A facepalm rep would qualify as a negative reputation, and as we've previously discussed we do not plan to implement negative rep. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

And just to hopefully put this to bed once and for all...

4 hours ago, Railgun said:

There is.  I do not know why no one seems to have discovered this but you can remove a "rep point" that you've given out.  Just click "(list)" and then click the "x" to take back that vote.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.