So let's talk about the punch (please thread carefully)

Misanthrope

Do you support this "direct action"?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support someone punching Richard Spencer in the face

• Yes
    • No but I wouldn't exactly stop it
    • No and I would absolutely stop it

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Stop picking fights with someone that does exist.  The manner that you paint what I said is disingenuous.

I'm being disingenuous by reflecting what you said and following it up with an example of how it's erroneous? 

If you don't recognize yourself in the criticism, perhaps you should start by learning the art of self-reflection. All i'm doing is holding a mirror infront of you.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I'm being disingenuous by reflecting what you said and following it up with an example of how it's erroneous? 

If you don't recognize yourself in the criticism, perhaps you should start by learning the art of self-reflection. All i'm doing is holding a mirror infront of you.

Please, tell me where I said something that was incorrect in my first post, in this thread.  Go ahead, I will wait.  :D

Just now, stconquest said:

Please, tell me where I said something that was incorrect in my first post, in this thread.  Go ahead, I will wait.  :D

I already did: your friend was physically harassing people, Spencer wasn't and to my knowledge not even in recent memory.

You just want to normalize sucker punching for some reason sorry but I can tolerate someone following me around and screaming obscenities all me pretty much without issue, but the minute he wants to get into a shoving match then retaliation becomes justified, not before. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I already did: your friend was physically harassing people, Spencer wasn't and to my knowledge not even in recent memory.

You just want to normalize sucker punching for some reason sorry but I can tolerate someone following me around and screaming obscenities all me pretty much without issue, but the minute he wants to get into a shoving match then retaliation becomes justified, not before. 

He was pulling on jerseys, and daring them to start a fight.  They jumped him and stomped on his face.  You really think there is equivalency in that?  You would, it suits your emotional need to be right.  What they did to him was not justified.

I never said anything about the sucker punch being justified or the right thing to do in any way.  When you start making sense, I might respond to you further.

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I think these people like @stconquest theorize out of some static representation of reality. Maybe because their attention spans have been reduced to that of a squirrel with ADD they don't realize the world is in motion. And whatever dissenting or extreme speech is silenced, it is then replaced with the next extreme. Which maybe your set of opinions.

Eventually this notion that violence on all but the extreme fringes is justified inevitably comes full circle and bites you in the ass. This is why the left is currently busy eating itself.

Attacking me instead of the argument. Boy you are sure good at this arguing thing. I think I've tried long enough to convince you, and see that this is impossible.

Are you trying to get this thread locked?

I did not attack you at all.

20 minutes ago, stconquest said:

He was pulling on jerseys, and daring them to start a fight.  They jumped him and stomped on his face.  You really think there is equivalency in that?  You would, it suits your emotional need to be right.  What they did to him was not justified.

You can dare someone to start a fight all you want but "pulling on jerseys" or shoving someone crosses the line. See for rational people, the line it's pretty fucking clear and painfully easy for all to see: You can say all of you want but you don't touch anybody. A physical threat is very easy to define in that case: it becomes physical.

So back on topic we've seen protesters being well aware of this line and intentionally crossing it here:

here:

also here:

So no it isn't an isolated event, it's a common occurrence with clear intentions to provoke violence and flatout lie about it and justify it: you're no different than the chick on the yellow beanie from the second video to me.

-------

Current Rig

-------

@Misanthrope

...and you, try to threaten people with violence in a tech forum and try to pretend you are level headed.  Why do you want to argue with me?  Ask yourself, seriously. 

You are as emotionally charged into a stupor, as all the SJW crap talked about on the net.  :(

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

@Misanthrope

...and you, try to threaten people with violence in a tech forum and try to pretend you are level headed. 

No I made a joke at your expense, I'll go ahead and delete it, I wouldn't want to offend your sensibilities on the subject where apparently jokes are worst than punching people.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Jesse Cox and Totalbiscuit are brainwashed people. My feelings don't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I have truly never felt so offended in my life. Not the snowflake triggered way, but because I looked up to so many people before all of this nonsense and because I have the "wrong" opinion, I'm the asshole.

But it's okay to assault people, it's okay to talk shit about a innocent 10 year old... Fuck them

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

No I made a joke at your expense, I'll go ahead and delete it, I wouldn't want to offend your sensibilities on the subject where apparently jokes are worst than punching people.

Oh, implying you would like to sucker punch me if there was ever a community meet up is a joke... ah, I see very funny.  Not threatening violence at all now.  I was so wrong.

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Oh, implying you would like to sucker punch me if there was ever a community meet up is a joke... ah, I see very funny.

You didn't get it from the following post where I posted frustrated mafiosos to take the piss out of myself? No of course you don't because you've chosen to derail from the main topic at hand by focusing on my personal behavior. I'll keep in mind your intellectual dishonestly next time I try to be lighthearted and you run out of steam and start fishing for nonsense. I'm done with the derailing btw.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ugh, I hate that you have to bring HIM up to make the point....but he's absolutely right IN THIS ONE INSTANCE.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

You didn't get it from the following post where I posted frustrated mafiosos to take the piss out of myself? No of course you don't because you've chosen to derail from the main topic at hand by focusing on my personal behavior. I'll keep in mind your intellectual dishonestly next time I try to be lighthearted and you run out of steam and start fishing for nonsense.

Riiiight, right.

Ugh, I hate that you have to bring HIM up to make the point....but he's absolutely right IN THIS ONE INSTANCE.

He's right on more occasions, just don't ask him for advice on climate change :D

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

He's right on more occasions, just don't ask him for advice on climate change :D

Or you know...the craziness that Libertarianism and Anarcho-Capitalism represent overall and their baffling extremist thinking? That little thing too.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Or you know...the craziness that Libertarianism and Anarcho-Capitalism represents overall and their baffling extremist thinking? That little thing too.

Or his affiliations with certain waterfilter salespersons.

Just now, Majestic said:

Or his affiliations with certain waterfilter salespersons.

Hey come on now, who else is going to save the frogs from being turned gay by the government?

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Hey come on now, who else is going to save the frogs from being turned gay by the government?

That's a big 10-4, Houston. My sides have lift off.

I repeat, my sides have lift off.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

That's a big 10-4, Houston. My sides have lift off.

I repeat, my sides have lift off.

Time for a measured response

Spoiler

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Time for a measured response

Reveal hidden contents

I used to think Alex Jones was 1000% tinfoil hat (I still think he is a little bit, don't get me wrong) but god damn his channel has been funny to watch this election season.

I wouldn't punch him, but I wouldn't stop someone from doing the punching.

Because I don't want to get involved with crazies (both the puncher and the one getting punched)

This entire election has been a shit show and I'm just glad to live in Canada.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

26 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I used to think Alex Jones was 1000% tinfoil hat (I still think he is a little bit, don't get me wrong) but god damn his channel has been funny to watch this election season.

Oh he is well aware he's a comedy venue now: Sargon made a Poe video on his shitpost channel in the vein of a very serious tone exposé about turning the frogs gay and Jones himself made a reply video where he correctly recognizes Sargon as Poe...but still uses his video as supportive evidence of his gay frogs conspiracy. 

It was a glorious kek moment.

EDIT: Here is the original and response:

-------

Current Rig

-------