Require Help Choosing A Graphics Card

Judan_Arch

Assembling a PC having i7 6700k CPU and Cannot decide which graphics card to choose.......Please help my budget is around 200$(Rs.14000)

What is the rig for? If it's for gaming then you should consider getting an i5 and more budget for the GPU. Will you be using Cuda? Will you be editing videos/images?

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

RX 480 4GB

45 minutes ago, martward said:

What is the rig for? If it's for gaming then you should consider getting an i5 and more budget for the GPU. Will you be using Cuda? Will you be editing videos/images?

I'll be using it for heavy gaming .............but isn't  the core i7 6700k good enough and I was thinking of getting  

Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition 4GB PCI Express Graphics Card right now and if required upgrading it later or is there something better 

http://www.amazon.in/GeForce-128-bit-DL-DVI-Graphic-ZT-P10510B-10L/dp/B01M27X994/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1485027446&sr=8-4&keywords=gtx

1 hour ago, Judan_Arch said:

I'll be using it for heavy gaming .............but isn't  the core i7 6700k good enough and I was thinking of getting  

Pro Tip: if you're planning on using the PC solely for gaming, or mostly for gaming, then get an i5 and spend more money on your GPU. An i5 will handle recording and editing just fine if you ever want to do it. Right now, with the system you're planning to build with a 6700K and a 1050 TI, you'll have a GPU bottleneck. This means that your graphics card will be the limiting factor in the amount of frames per second you get. I would scale back and use the money that you save on your CPU to buy something around the $300 range. Don't know much about AMD, but right now the way NVIDIA's cards are set up there are a few at the low-end ($200) and then there are some at around $350. If you could save $100 by going to an i5, and then maybe wait a little and save up another $50, I would go with a GTX 1070. This would give you a much more balanced system. 

Top choices for CPU would be either an Intel Core i5 6400 or an Intel Core i5 6600K. The 6600K is more expensive, but will yield better performance in games. Take a look at the two of them and then reassess the amount of money you have to spend on your GPU. 

On 1/22/2017 at 4:29 PM, martward said:
23 hours ago, Septimus46 said:

Pro Tip: if you're planning on using the PC solely for gaming, or mostly for gaming, then get an i5 and spend more money on your GPU. An i5 will handle recording and editing just fine if you ever want to do it. Right now, with the system you're planning to build with a 6700K and a 1050 TI, you'll have a GPU bottleneck. This means that your graphics card will be the limiting factor in the amount of frames per second you get. I would scale back and use the money that you save on your CPU to buy something around the $300 range. Don't know much about AMD, but right now the way NVIDIA's cards are set up there are a few at the low-end ($200) and then there are some at around $350. If you could save $100 by going to an i5, and then maybe wait a little and save up another $50, I would go with a GTX 1070. This would give you a much more balanced system. 

Top choices for CPU would be either an Intel Core i5 6400 or an Intel Core i5 6600K. The 6600K is more expensive, but will yield better performance in games. Take a look at the two of them and then reassess the amount of money you have to spend on your GPU. 

Can you please explain what is GPU bottleneck???

19 minutes ago, Judan_Arch said:

It means that the factor limiting your frame rate will be your graphics card, rather than your CPU. I'd take the advice, get an i5-6600K, and put the money saved towards a much better graphics card. 

8 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

It means that the factor limiting your frame rate will be your graphics card, rather than your CPU. I'd take the advice, get an i5-6600K, and put the money saved towards a much better graphics card. 

Actually I'm dead set on this CPU.........I can upgrade my graphics card later but right now I can stretch my budget max upto 250$ so any card around that or should I just go with this

2 minutes ago, Judan_Arch said:

Actually I'm dead set on this CPU.........I can upgrade my graphics card later but right now I can stretch my budget max upto 250$ so any card around that or should I just go with this

And what if I Overclock the GPU??

12 minutes ago, Judan_Arch said:

Why are you dead set on the CPU, given the advice you've been given? 

1 minute ago, Morgan Everett said:

Why are you dead set on the CPU, given the advice you've been given? 

Okay actually I was planning on buying a single CPU that I atleast won't have to change for a year or two and rather upgrade the graphics card afterwards also I use some robotics programs for a project that require constant multitasking and processing ..............

OK: you didn't mention that earlier. If you've other needs, then perhaps the i7 is the better choice. As for the GPU, I'd probably go with the RX 480.

actually I was thinking for waiting on RYZEN but there's only speculations about its specifications ..........If Ryzen would be cheap enough then maybe I could buy the GTX 1070 ............. By the way do you have any idea when it should come in the market........AND ONE MORE THING what it i overclock the 1050??

The Intel Core i5 6600K would set you up quite well for the next couple of years. In my opinion, it will be at least 3 years until most programs utilize more than four cores in a CPU (this excludes programs such as CAD and other high-end programs). I would still spend more money on the GPU. 

As for when Ryzen CPUs will be available, the rumor seems to set their release within the next two months. 

Now that you've had a budget increase to $250 while still planning on having an i7, if you dropped the $100 and went to the i5 you would be able to get a GTX 1070, which is a 47% performance increase over the RX 480 (statistics taken from Userbenchmark).

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-AMD-RX-480/3609vs3634