Should I pull back a amazon review?

TubsAlwaysWins

So I left a few bad reviews on amazon, namely one for some thermal paste I bought. I recieved a email today asking me to pull it back.

The message was in french but this is it translated.

Dear Customer,
   Good day, we are sorry to give you some inconvenience and we have already refunded you. We noticed that you are giving us negative feedback.
Could help you remove the comments because it is very important on our behalf. Thank you very much.
And I'm just the staff of the company, our salary is determined by the feedback.

Your understanding is very much appreciated.
Any problem, please contact us freely.
Best regards
  IVY"""

Basically, I never received the product but was refunded. So should I take back the review? I do feel that I should at least change it, but I don't think its right to pull it down so I can let others know what happened.

Thoughts?

Breaking things 1 day at a time

3 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

So I left a few bad reviews on amazon, namely one for some thermal paste I bought. I recieved a email today asking me to pull it back.

The message was in french but this is it translated.

Dear Customer,
   Good day, we are sorry to give you some inconvenience and we have already refunded you. We noticed that you are giving us negative feedback.
Could help you remove the comments because it is very important on our behalf. Thank you very much.
And I'm just the staff of the company, our salary is determined by the feedback.

Your understanding is very much appreciated.
Any problem, please contact us freely.
Best regards
  IVY"""

Basically, I never received the product but was refunded. So should I take back the review? I do feel that I should at least change it, but I don't think its right to pull it down so I can let others know what happened.

Thoughts?

You wrote a review without receiving anything?  I guess your review stated something along the lines of "their customer service sucks, you never received what you ordered" ?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Revise it and state that they gave you the refund, and I guess if it was fast, "in a timely manner".

I agree with this. Keep the review up, but clearly state that you got a refund - I would also state how long the refund took (Eg: "Received full refund within 3 business days").

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

A company should not be hiding their mistakes. They should leave it up, and learn from the experience. Transparency is kind of important.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If the fault was down to the courier, yes. 

2 minutes ago, obi-fade-kenobi said:

If the fault was down to the courier, yes. 

Disagree. Yes, if it was the fault of the courier, you shouldn't give the seller a negative feedback (Neutral or positive only), but you should still describe the experience, AND how the seller handled the situation.

If the seller says, for example "Hey tough luck, should have bought shipping insurance" and tells you to fuck off? Not good. This needs to be spread.

However, if the seller refunds you, or reships the item, both in a timely manner, that's excellent service, and should be spread.

I understand that the seller has no control over the courier, but when you buy something, you're still looking at the entire experience, including potential shipping issues.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Disagree. Yes, if it was the fault of the courier, you shouldn't give the seller a negative feedback (Neutral or positive only), but you should still describe the experience, AND how the seller handled the situation.

If the seller says, for example "Hey tough luck, should have bought shipping insurance" and tells you to fuck off? Not good. This needs to be spread.

However, if the seller refunds you, or reships the item, both in a timely manner, that's excellent service, and should be spread.

I understand that the seller has no control over the courier, but when you buy something, you're still looking at the entire experience, including potential shipping issues.

Fair point. 

I wouldn't say negative feedback though (which OP's was). If you're rating the seller, personally I would give it positive as 'Undelivered by courier, refunded by seller'

1 minute ago, obi-fade-kenobi said:

Fair point. 

I wouldn't say negative feedback though (which OP's was). If you're rating the seller, personally I would give it positive as 'Undelivered by courier, refunded by seller'

I can agree with that statement. And I do believe you can fully revise your Amazon reviews, so if new information comes to light, you can adjust the review to be more accurate and honest about the seller and their service.