Is the Galaxy s7 edge powerful enough to run a PSP emulator

PCPartPickerPro9171787

Is the Galaxy s7 edge powerful enough to run a PSP emulator. There are PSP emulators in the app store, but I can't get a game to run sufficiently fast enough to be playable. I've also heard rooting my phone could significanly increses its speed and make the difference for a PSP emulator?    

Root makes no difference to the speed on a device to just gives you more permissions than you had before.

Sure you can use root to overclock but this requires a custom kernel. Probably not worth the effort pretty fun to overclock a phone though.

I overclocked my HTC one x to 1.8 GHz had to cool it in the fridge though.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

PPSSPP is the best PSP emulator you can find all the others are crap and there is no need to root your phone.

Shouldn't be a problem unless the Exynos processors aren't supported (which doesnt make sense seeing how big sammy has gotten) PPSSPP runs really well even on older phones. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

On 1/21/2017 at 0:26 AM, TAHIRMIA said:

It's one of the most powerful phones out rn

Correct me if im wrong, is S7 better than One Plus 3?

13 hours ago, RIris said:

depends on the s7 model. the OP3 has a snapdragon 820 and so do some versions of the s7. others have a Exynos 8890, which is a cooler running better chip

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

13 hours ago, RIris said:

Spec wise yes if you get the Exynos 8890 version. I can't say about the SD variant but they are probably really similar performance wise

Hello

Well, the PSP isn't really that big of a deal. It has low specs, so if it can run the games, your phone can. Although, I have experienced my Tablet becoming extremely slow, and the battery dying after I had it jailbroken over 5 months. Just a heads up. It might not happen to you though.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

While the PSP very slow compared to an S7, emulation is horrendously inefficient. Only a well coded emulator actually offers reasonable performance. For example, VirtualBoy running Gameboy Advance games will require quite some CPU power on a PC, while the actual Nintendo hardware has very very little processing power. There are many possible reasons for this, ranging from emulating an entirely different processor architecture, to CPU rendering/ improper implementation of graphics processing (could also be due to a weird GPU architecture on the original console).

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Sorry but discussion or instructions on configuring and setup of emulators aren't something we allow as they go against their TOS. 

-Locked-