BenQ - No Signal Detected

BlakeThePCScrub

After just finishing my pc build and plugging in all necessary hdmi, usb 3.1 ect cables from the pc to monitor, I tried turning the monitor on and got the message "No Signal Detected"

I am on the Zowie 2730 (27inch 144hz 1ms 1440p)

When turned on the monitor has a screen for 3 seconds with the brand "BENQ", then it moves to a screen saying "HMDI-1" then it goes black and says no signal detected in a small box on the bottom right. I have not yet installed windows however believed that the monitor should start up before that is required?

2 minutes ago, BlakeThePCScrub said:

After just finishing my pc build and plugging in all necessary hdmi, usb 3.1 ect cables from the pc to monitor, I tried turning the monitor on and got the message "No Signal Detected"

I am on the Zowie 2730 (27inch 144hz 1ms 1440p)

When turned on the monitor has a screen for 3 seconds with the brand "BENQ", then it moves to a screen saying "HMDI-1" then it goes black and says no signal detected in a small box on the bottom right. I have not yet installed windows however believed that the monitor should start up before that is required?

So you got your PC to turn on?

Make sure you have the monitor plugged into the GPU, not the motherboard.

Your monitor should still get a signal, yes. Does the monitor cycle through all the possible sources before turning off?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

if you are plugged into the mobo plug into the gfx card, or vice versa just to eliminate it as a possibility.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

So you got your PC to turn on?

Make sure you have the monitor plugged into the GPU, not the motherboard.

5 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

Your monitor should still get a signal, yes. Does the monitor cycle through all the possible sources before turning off?

So it is all plugged into the gpu other than the usb 3.1

The monitor now has the zowie logo "Z" and in the bottom left says "HDMI", then it goes black for about 5seconds and says no signal detected, to then turn into sleep mode I assume?

make sure it cycles through all possible input sources (or manually switch to the correct one)

So is the rest probably

6 minutes ago, BlakeThePCScrub said:

So it is all plugged into the gpu other than the usb 3.1

The monitor now has the zowie logo "Z" and in the bottom left says "HDMI", then it goes black for about 5seconds and says no signal detected, to then turn into sleep mode I assume?

It (the PC) is not posting then, or the monitor is not receiving a signal.

Check power cables to the GPU, check power cables to the motherboard (24-pin and the 8-pin).  If they are all in, pull them out and replace them(just put them back in).  Unplug the power cord from the PSU first to be extra safe.... or just flip the switch to off in the back of the PSU.

3 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

make sure it cycles through all possible input sources (or manually switch to the correct one)

Ok so I don't have an hdmi cable in the first place lmao? What input source do I want?

Well, what input source are you using? DisplayPort/VGA/DVI?

So is the rest probably

What I'm guessing is, that you are using Display Port for example and the monitor is only listening on its HDMI 1-Port

So is the rest probably

1 minute ago, BlakeThePCScrub said:

Ok so I don't have an hdmi cable in the first place lmao? What input source do I want?

Right now, just any will do.  You will want a cable that supports the 144Hz refresh rate eventually. 

1 minute ago, myselfolli said:

Well, what input source are you using? DisplayPort/VGA/DVI?

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Right now, just any will do.  You will want a cable that supports the 144Hz refresh rate eventually. 

I used DVI - D-Sub and DisplayPort with no results. The HDMI obviously isn't working because no hdmi cable is connected.

I used DVI - D-Sub and DisplayPort with no results. The HDMI obviously isn't working because no hdmi cable is connected.

Try setting the monitor to work off of another port.  Sometimes you have to manually tell it to... "Hey monitor!  Use the darn DVI-D port!."

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Try setting the monitor to work off of another port.  Sometimes you have to manually tell it to... "Hey monitor!  Use the darn DVI-D port!."

this a joke? sorry, not funny after 13hours 

this a joke? sorry, not funny after 13hours 

It was advice... and a joke.

Let me rephrase:  Try using the monitor buttons to change where the monitor looks for an incoming video source.

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Let me rephrase:  Try using the monitor buttons to change where the monitor looks for an incoming video source.

my zowie has a switch thing with buttons on it, if you look at the exact model. By pressing the numbers and using the scroll wheel I can change and select a source, none of them worked.

5 minutes ago, stconquest said:

my zowie has a switch thing with buttons on it, if you look at the exact model. By pressing the numbers and using the scroll wheel I can change and select a source, none of them worked.

10 minutes ago, stconquest said:

The one thing that gives hope (a different message to "no signal detected" is through "hdmi-2" it says "NO CABLE CONNECTED!"

2 minutes ago, BlakeThePCScrub said:

The one thing that gives hope (a different message to "no signal detected" is through "hdmi-2" it says "NO CABLE CONNECTED!"

The PC is on, right?  ...chugging along?  ...but no display.

1.  You just have to find the right monitor settings to use the source you give it (DVI-D, DP, HDMI).

2.  You don't have power to the GPU.  Check the cables.

3.  There is a hardware fault somewhere, this is unlikely but it does happen.  Maybe broken ports on the back of the GPU or a faulty monitor.

Solutions/troubleshooting:

1.  Keep trying different cables and monitor settings.  Can you find a HDMI from somewhere else in the house?  Grab one off of a TV or something.

2.  If you have an iGPU (integrated graphics on the CPU):  Turn off the PC; remove the GPU entirely;  plug the monitor into the motherboard and start the PC up again.

3.  Get some rest and try again later with a fresh mind.

10 minutes ago, stconquest said:

The PC is on, right?  ...chugging along?  ...but no display.

1.  You just have to find the right monitor settings to use the source you give it (DVI-D, DP, HDMI).

2.  You don't have power to the GPU.  Check the cables.

3.  There is a hardware fault somewhere, this is unlikely but it does happen.  Maybe broken ports on the back of the GPU or a faulty monitor.

Solutions/troubleshooting:

1.  Keep trying different cables and monitor settings.  Can you find a HDMI from somewhere else in the house?  Grab one off of a TV or something.

2.  If you have an iGPU (integrated graphics on the CPU):  Turn off the PC; remove the GPU entirely;  plug the monitor into the motherboard and start the PC up again.

3.  Get some rest and try again later with a fresh mind.

1am in Australia, at it for over 13hours now so I suppose I will try this all in the morning... thanks... All parts are fresh, I will try an HDMI and if it doesn't worth will reinstall gpu. If it still isn't working, man...

The gpu is lit and fans running.

1am in Australia, at it for over 13hours now so I suppose I will try this all in the morning... thanks... All parts are fresh, I will try an HDMI and if it doesn't worth will reinstall gpu. If it still isn't working, man...

The gpu is lit and fans running.

Someone will be here to help you out, probably me as well.  Sleep well.  Don't stress out.

9 hours ago, stconquest said:

Hello, I doubt you're there and if you don't respond in 20minutes I'll make a new thread, however I tried an HDMI and it still says no signal, so it must be pc related, I will redo the 24pin, gpu and clean ram sticks.