Kaby Lake and GTX 1050 now on Dell. Alienware and Inspiron.

http://venturebeat.com/2017/01/03/dell-launches-4-inspiron-and-alienware-gaming-laptops-with-intel-kaby-lake-processors/

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/dell-teams-kaby-lake-with-gtx-1050-as-it-refreshes-gaming-laptop-line-up

Image: Top is Alienware, bottom is Inspiron

dell-alienware-13-15-17.jpg

dell-inspiron-gaming-laptop.jpg

The refreshed gaming-centric portables, which are available to buy this week, all feature the 7th generation Intel Kaby Lake processors.

First up is the affordable Dell Inspiron 15 7000, which rocks the new Core i5/i7 processors and is among the first laptops to deploy Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 1050/1050 Ti GPUs

The Inspiron 15 7000 is less than an inch thick. It starts $799. It has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics chip and a quad-core 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processor (previously code-named Kaby Lake). The machine is for players who want to experience something more than a console, but are price sensitive. It has 4GB of GDDR5 main memory, and a hard drive (ranging from 512GB to 1TB). It has a 4K UHD display. The 15-inch and 17-inch versions use Nvidia G-Sync display technology.

Dell said the Alienware 13 is the first 13.3-inch laptop that is ready for virtual reality. It has quad-core H-class 7th Generation Intel Core processors.

It uses Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 1060 graphics chip and an option for the GTX 1050. It will sell for $1,000 in the U.S. The 15-inch sells for $1,200 and the 17-inch sells for $1,349.

Very excited about this. We now can truly have VR OTG. Experience is obviously not same as a desktop but still looks amazing. 

Still waiting for that RX470 to go in laptops like Dell said would go in their Alienware computers.

Ye ole' train

4 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Good lord that inspiron is ugly

What the hell happened?

looks like they went overboard with the "gaming" style 

4 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

9 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

What the hell happened?

Let's hope parts has RGB. Or else this just gets worse

Nice specs but the battery better be good to justify a bit that ugly chassis...

This is a signature.

18 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Very excited about this. We now can truly have VR OTG. Experience is obviously not same as a desktop but still looks amazing. 

Ummm... we already had VR on the go for a little while now. I own the Alienware 15R3 with a 1060. Only difference being Skylake vs Kabylake with these new versions. But it will be interesting to see if those prices are accurate because they are about $100 to $200 below the standard prices for the Alienware laptops with Skylake currently.

I'm more excited to see how the GTX 1050 handles than Skylake because of the prior article listed in the Tech News about no IPC gains with Kabylake.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

1 minute ago, xboxonthego3 said:

Ummm... we already had VR on the go for a little while now. I own the Alienware 15R3 with a 1060. Only difference being Skylake vs Kabylake with these new versions. But it will be interesting to see if those prices are accurate because they are about $100 to $200 below the standard prices for the Alienware laptops with Skylake currently.

I'm more excited to see how the GTX 1050 handles than Skylake because of the prior article listed in the Tech News about no IPC gains with Kabylake.

13 inches 

Wait, I just realized we don't have RGB laptops. Someone tell the laptop makers: this has to change! We need RGB on everything.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

13 inches 

Oh the 13 in model. Alright I guess I can give you that. But that's also been out for a month maybe two with a Skylake processor. Only thing new with Alienware is the Kabylake processors and the GTX 1050 option on the 13 inch unless I overlooked something.

The Inspirons are new though. But I could of sworn that dell was using that chassis but with Skylake processors in a foreign country. Possibly giving the chassis a test run? Cannot find the post at the moment.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Wait, I just realized we don't have RGB laptops. Someone tell the laptop makers: this has to change! We need RGB on everything.

what? we totally have rgb laptops lol.

1 minute ago, Adreyu said:

what? we totally have rgb laptops lol.

Dammit. Must have missed it.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Some rgb alienware trackpad from some alienware or gigabyte or something

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

yeah, like razer has chroma in pretty much all of their laptops now. I'm enjoying the age of rgb lighting laptops so far.

Gaming laptops for under a grand. Used to be you could hardly find even low end dGPUs for under a thousand. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Gaming laptops for under a grand. Used to be you could hardly find even low end dGPUs for under a thousand. 

There were some with 960m actually 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

There were some with 960m actually 

Think back further.

Back when Kepler was the new thing, a laptop with a 750m was well over a thousand dollars.

damn. If only there were drivers for 10 series chip on OSX, i'd hackintosh the easiest one to replace drives and ram out of the two and keep it as my dayly driver if it's better than my mbp performance wise

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

17 hours ago, 79 Potatoes said:

Nice specs but the battery better be good to justify a bit that ugly chassis...

The 1050 has a 75W TDP like the 960m, so I'd be surprised if they did.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

And here I was hoping that new Inspiron design would remain an Asian market refresh as previously reported. Good lord it's ugly. 

11 minutes ago, Magnetorheological said:

And here I was hoping that new Inspiron design would remain an Asian market refresh as previously reported. Good lord it's ugly. 

cheap?

On 1/3/2017 at 4:39 PM, potoooooooo said:

What the hell happened?

On 1/3/2017 at 4:43 PM, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Are you guys being serious? They used to look way more "gamer" before they had Alienware. Those laptops are by far very moderate in terms of flashiness.

On 1/3/2017 at 5:05 PM, Energycore said:

There's RGB lighting on those Alienware laptops. They've had it for the longest time, even before the RGB craze.