AMD officially announces FreeSync 2 - lower latency HDR

zMeul
1 minute ago, zMeul said:

not everything that is a game engine is just GPU related

I know. But the GPU does all the display calculations, so the only logical choice would be to do the HDR tone mapping on the GPU as well. Unless you wanna send it off to the CPU defeating the whole purpose of the FreeSync 2 standard (lowering input latency) along the way.

Or am I missing something here?

Ye ole' train

Just now, MageTank said:

I understand competitive nature in competitive mode, but quickplay and the arcade modes should be "relax, have fun" modes. How else am I to practice my MLG quick scopes without extreme judgement?

Though, Overwatch already has very pretty colors. It might be one of the few games that I'd like to see HDR come to, but I might be the only one thinking about that, lol. 

TBH I think a lot of Overwatch's looks get a bit washed out in certain lighting. In the same way, a lot of games that go for the "realism" look (like most high end CryEngine games for example) look a bit washed out under bright lighting environments but will look really colorful and fun when in a darker scene. I know that's the point of the "realism" aspect but man, it's a game.

I wonder if HDR will alleviate some of that and make it look a little nicer and pleasing to me, if at all.

Just dropping in to let everyone know we're still looking. :ph34r:

Lets try to keep this thread open, shall we? :)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

It's a nice implementation. It will be amazing to see a gaming monitor with HDR specially with quick response time. What I'm glad is they're increasing quality standard what specs are required from monitor and range support of Freesync too. 

I wonder what kind of panels these monitors will use and response time will be.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, wkdpaul said:

Just dropping in to let everyone know we're still looking. :ph34r:

Lets try to keep this thread open, shall we? :)

Just don't lock it ;)

BTW

What the heck did you just flipping say about me, you big meanie? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Tiny Tots Program, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the girl's bathroom, and I have over 300 confirmed noogies. I am trained in Nerf warfare and I have the most gold stars in the entire kindergarten class. You are nothing to me but just another butthead. I will beat you the heck up with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my dang words. You think you can get away with saying that baloney to me on the glowy type-box? Think again, doodiehead. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of teachers across the USA and your parents are being called to pick you up right now so you better prepare for the spanking, junior. The spanking that wipes out the dumb little thing you call your playtime. You're in big darn trouble, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can wedgie you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed fartfights, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States PTA and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your dorky bottom off the face of the playground, you little poopypants. If only you could have known what serious punishments your little "smartypants" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your goshdarned tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you silly doofus. I will spray boogers all over you and you will cry about it. You're frickin grounded, buttmunch.

@zMeul Youtube video to add to the OP:

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

6 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

@zMeul Youtube video to add to the OP

I'm not interested in PB bullshit

at ~ 1:50 Antal Tungler said, and I quote: "it may introduce some latency into the gaming pipeline"

may !??! so, this dude has no fucking clue if FreeSync 2 actually does anything

41 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I'm not interested in PB bullshit

at ~ 1:50 Antal Tungler said, and I quote: "it may introduce some latency into the gaming pipeline"

may !??! so, this dude has no fucking clue if FreeSync 2 actually does anything

It may introduce latency if the monitor has to remap the colourspace. That is what Freesync 2 helps prevent. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

16 hours ago, zMeul said:

-snip-

Stop picking a minor details... -_-

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL