Compact mATX cases

Go to solution Solved by dexT,

The Cerebrus is coming soon. The most compact high end MATX case I've seen

https://kimeraindustries.com/cerberus/#cerberus-hero

I've got a spare set of components that i wanna build with. But i can't find a case that i like the look of.

So far the closest case to my liking is the Bitfenix Pandora, but it's riddled with problems and while i'm willing to mod a decent amount, idk if i'd wanna bother modding a case that essentially needs the mods to function as a proper case.

in case you don't know what that is:

In case you don't know what that is:

bitfenix_bfc_pan_300_kswl1_rp_pandora_ic

I only need space for 1 GPU, and i'm all for going for an sfx PSU.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

2 minutes ago, mok said:

whats your budget?

No budget, I'm open to anything.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

2 minutes ago, ixi_your_face said:

No budget, I'm open to anything.

Any requirements on CPU cooler height, radiator space, ventilation? Window or no window?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, mok said:

This is the problem i'm running into here,

they're all too big/not compact enough for what i want...

For example, the Pandora is 16CM thick.

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Any requirements on CPU cooler height, radiator space, ventilation? Window or no window?

Honestly, not really. I *was* thinking about using it as my first W/C project, because the parts in total cost me £20, so it wouldn't be a massive issue if i fucked up. But i'll probably just end up being lazy and throwing a low profile cooler on there, or maybe a h100?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, ixi_your_face said:

This is the problem i'm running into here,

they're all too big/not compact enough for what i want...

For example, the Pandora is 16CM thick.

Honestly, not really. I *was* thinking about using it as my first W/C project, because the parts in total cost me £20, so it wouldn't be a massive issue if i fucked up. But i'll probably just end up being lazy and throwing a low profile cooler on there, or maybe a h100?

h100i is amazing, keeps my OC'd 4670k under 65c with full load (quiet profile so the GPU is louder while gaming)

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

h100i is amazing, keeps my OC'd 4670k under 65c with full load (quiet profile so the GPU is louder while gaming)

Yeah, that's why i was looking at it. Nothing is set in stone though, i might find a case that i love at some point that just doesn't allow for a rad of any size. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, mok said:

If only this didn't use a full size PSU to save some space and didn't use 80mm fans

7 minutes ago, mok said:

boom - this should do it
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9H53GN7066

only as wide as the PCI slots.

comes with usb 3.0

you can replace the PSU with a SFX unit

you can fit a full size graphics card in there (would prefer using a reference/blower style cooler)

This wouldn't work because the GPU i've got is taller than a PCI slot by about 10mm. Also, the mobo i have doesn't have USB 3 front headers, so that doesn't matter.

That and it looks almost as bad as those aftermarket GPU coolers from arctic.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

9 hours ago, ixi_your_face said:

If only this didn't use a full size PSU

SFX psu always come with an adapter to allow it to mount to regular size PSU mounts on cases

I think my final recommendation would be the Rosewille Line-M

it has minimal space infront and around the mobo and can fit a large gpu

Photography / Finance / Gaming

5 minutes ago, mok said:

SFX psu always come with an adapter to allow it to mount to regular size PSU mounts on cases

I think my final recommendation would be the Rosewille Line-M

it has minimal space infront and around the mobo and can fit a large gpu

I'm aware of that. I mean that having an ATX PSU slot is a waste of space.

I don't think you quite understand what i'm trying to do with this planned build. I don't want a boxy case, like all the ones you mentioned, they simply aren't compact. The bitfenix Pandora is a compact case, it's beautiful too. Another example is the Lian-Li PC-O6SX which is also beautiful. I want to build a PC that is beautiful and compact, yet functional. 

That said, those are the only two cases that have really caught my eye in the past week of searching. So perhaps i'm just gonna have to give up and get a phenom-m instead.... or just go with the Pandora, that's an option too

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, dexT said:

The Cerebrus is coming soon. The most compact high end MATX case I've seen

https://kimeraindustries.com/cerberus/#cerberus-hero

Yeah, I was looking at this a few days ago, seems like it'd be the closest i'm gonna get for what i want.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler