Asus DIP5 Destroyed my PC

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
8 hours ago, Kolikoi said:

Hi Sir,

My RIG is doing fine and running until I used the DIP5 software Overclocking feature, q error 00 thatis not written in manual, i am wondering if my cpu or motherboard is dead, maybe im going to bring it on a service center anyway. Thanks.

Hmm you might nee to troubleshoot some components then to see if either the PSU, motherboard or such is the issue then, but that would need spare components to do so. 

My PC is not booting (black screen) and my monitor is connected to the GPU, so I do believe that my intel i7 6700k CPU was killed by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 Overclocking Features (Asus ROG Software), I tried to use their auto overclock settings with my maximus viii hero motherboard, and set my config target to 45 multiplier or 4.5ghz, 1.2v, my ram is 3200mhz with 1.35 volts (ram is running fine 3200mhz configured in bios)

Then, after clicking to start, my monitor suddenly went black, i waited for a few minutes and nothing happened, so i tried to restart my pc, while the fans, coolers, Gpu, and motherboard lights are running, i cant see any display on my monitor

I checked my motherboard and found a status q code 00, i tried to update my bios through the back with usb, i removed parts except for ssd, clicked for 30 seconds the reset cmos but nothing happened.

So I am assuming that my CPU died. I would like some tips or help on what to do first in a situation like this. Thanks.

If your RAM is 3200mhz, then the strap needed to be raised, meaning a 45 multiplier was way higher than 4.5ghz, and probably closer to... 5.6ghz.

Outside of that, have you tried to reset the BIOS by removing your CMOS battery?

3 minutes ago, Kolikoi said:

-SNIP-

Reset your CMOS by pressing the button or removing the battery on the motherboard for 30 sec. sounds like the overclock is not capable of those settings. The auto overclocking software really shouldn't be used it's not very good, it tends to apply a lot more power than needed for a lower overclock. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Reset your CMOS by pressing the button or removing the battery on the motherboard for 30 sec. sounds like the overclock is not capable of those settings. The auto overclocking software really shouldn't be used it's not very good, it tends to apply a lot more power than needed for a lower overclock. 

I am not op but I am just curious for future reference, the button cell battery? 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

I am not op but I am just curious for future reference, the button cell battery? 

Yep that would be it, some boards an a reset button either on the back of the IO or on the board which does the same thing without having to take out the battery. As mentioned there are others  that use a 2 pin jumper, those are very common in prebuilt systems. 

24 minutes ago, NonaHexa said:

If your RAM is 3200mhz, then the strap needed to be raised, meaning a 45 multiplier was way higher than 4.5ghz, and probably closer to... 5.6ghz.

Outside of that, have you tried to reset the BIOS by removing your CMOS battery?

I only clicked the cmos reset button for 30 seconds

I once did this to myself whilst overclocking, just reset your CMOS by either hitting a button on the motherboard or removing the battery. 

28 minutes ago, NonaHexa said:

If its at 5.6ghz then the CPU will be fried?

Another note is that the CPU Led Light is on in my motherboard, clicking the cmos reset for long seconds is not working. How do i know if my cpu is damaged?

11 minutes ago, Kolikoi said:

If its at 5.6ghz then the CPU will be fried?

Another note is that the CPU Led Light is on in my motherboard, clicking the cmos reset for long seconds is not working. How do i know if my cpu is damaged?

just clear the cmos and see for yourself 

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

just clear the cmos and see for yourself 

Isnt pressing the reset cmos and removing battery the same?

1 hour ago, Kolikoi said:

Isnt pressing the reset cmos and removing battery the same?

yes 

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes 

Then does it mean my cpu died because of this? Since its not booting anymore.

3 minutes ago, Kolikoi said:

Then does it mean my cpu died because of this? Since its not booting anymore.

Tear everything down to the very basics with just GPU, motherboard, PSU and one stick of RAM to see if you get the system to post. Once you get it to post then your good to add in the rest to see if things work. If it doesn't post I believe your board should dual BIOS so I would switch to the second to see if the first got corrupted. 

52 minutes ago, W-L said:

Tear everything down to the very basics with just GPU, motherboard, PSU and one stick of RAM to see if you get the system to post. Once you get it to post then your good to add in the rest to see if things work. If it doesn't post I believe your board should dual BIOS so I would switch to the second to see if the first got corrupted. 

Does having q direct cable from motherboard to monitor better? How do i do a dual bios? I cant even see a boot in my monitor, all black.

Does having q direct cable from motherboard to monitor better? How do i do a dual bios? I cant even see a boot in my monitor, all black.

Did you clear the CMOS? Follow this since your system isn't posting, you would just connect the display directly to the otherboard since you will have the bare minimum to post. For switching if you have dual bios usually it's just a switch on the motherboard itself, you'll have to refer to the manual for that. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Did you clear the CMOS? Follow this since your system isn't posting, you would just connect the display directly to the otherboard since you will have the bare minimum to post. For switching if you have dual bios usually it's just a switch on the motherboard itself, you'll have to refer to the manual for that. 

Hi Sir,

My RIG is doing fine and running until I used the DIP5 software Overclocking feature, q error 00 thatis not written in manual, i am wondering if my cpu or motherboard is dead, maybe im going to bring it on a service center anyway. Thanks.

Hi Sir,

Hmm you might nee to troubleshoot some components then to see if either the PSU, motherboard or such is the issue then, but that would need spare components to do so. 

• 2 years later...

PRIME X370-PRO Ryzen 1800X Pallit GameRock 1080

Yes now 2018. If I have Dual Intelligent Processors 5 installed I get black screen and power cord out to restart the computer. Uninstall AI_Suite_III_3.00.31 and no black screen anymore, but miss FanExpert.